patrickhargs

Question about follow to join K2 visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering if it is too late for us to get K2 visas for my wife's kids using the I-129f petition? It's 2/27 today and my wife's visa is going to be one year old on 3/5 I believe. What needs to be done before the one year is up? Do the kids have to be in the US within one year of the K1 visa being issued or do they just have to have the interview schedule within the one year?

Edited by patrickhargs

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I believe they would have had to have been listed on the original I-129f petition to be eligible to receive a K-2 visa.

Yes, I believe that they should have already been listed as described in the I-129F petition form: http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I believe they would have had to have been listed on the original I-129f petition to be eligible to receive a K-2 visa.

ALL children are to be listed on the 129f form, regardless of immigration intent.

To the OP, I believe you are too late. Contact the Embassy and ask.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering if it is too late for us to get K2 visas for my wife's kids using the I-129f petition? It's 2/27 today and my wife's visa is going to be one year old on 3/5 I believe. What needs to be done before the one year is up? Do the kids have to be in the US within one year of the K1 visa being issued or do they just have to have the interview schedule within the one year?

Were the children listed on the I-129F initially? The K2 visa MUST be ISSUED before the one year date of when your fiancee's visa was issued (embassy recommends starting this 3-4 months before the one year date). The process is identical to the process for the K-1, with some exceptions for age. You don't have time to get it done if you have not started anything yet.

Looks like you will have to start a separate I-130 petition process.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes they are on the I-129f. My question is whether or not it is too late for them to be issued a K2 visa based on the eligibility of the I-129f or if we have to petition with the I-130 now since it will be one year from the time the K-1 was issued to my wife on 3/5. I'm wondering if we were to pay the fee for the interview now and get it scheduled before 3/5 would they be aloud to get the K-2 visa and enter the US or do they have to actually have the K-2 visa in hand and then enter the US before 3/5? It looks like Hank answered that for me though.

Timeline

Were the children listed on the I-129F initially? The K2 visa MUST be ISSUED before the one year date of when your fiancee's visa was issued (embassy recommends starting this 3-4 months before the one year date). The process is identical to the process for the K-1, with some exceptions for age. You don't have time to get it done if you have not started anything yet.

Looks like you will have to start a separate I-130 petition process.

Agree with Hank! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.