Juliaro448

Any word on I-129f if filed in August?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

don't pay attention to wbeem. He/she is the most depressed, negative member of them all. They can't even be happy for others. Patience is important, something they obviously lack.

Eh back off of wbeem Jabl2rom, I understand what he/she is saying. I too am tired of pep talks from others who haven't waited as long. That said, it's not the wait that is the determining factor many times. What you, KatieKay and others who spout off such tribe fail to remember is that patience isn't always the sole factor at work in a particular couple's situation. Hell, if it was just a matter of patience and waiting it out, I'd have no trouble at all, for example. And really I'm still doing fine, no crumbling cookies here. However in my case there's a pregnancy involved and that complicates things, for reasons I won't go into. When you couple such external factors with the unfair processing time differential with the CSC, it's little wonder that some of us are on edge. So cut wbeem a little slack and take your own advice: be patient with such people KatieKay and Jabl2rom! Or does your patience only extend so far and apply to certain things? LOL

Look, sarcasm aside, what I'm saying is to be more sympathetic and possibly somewhat empathetic to everyone, including wbeem. Not everyone has your same situation; there very well may be external factors at work and not everyone handles such situations as perfectly as you two seem to be capable of. Some folk just get tired of the rah-rah BS after a while, that's all. So have patience and tolerance of such folk.

I'm just sayin'....

Edited by av8or1

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Eh back off of wbeem Jabl2rom, I understand what he/she is saying. I too am tired of pep talks from others who haven't waited as long. That said, it's not the wait that is the determining factor many times. What you, KatieKay and others who spout off such tribe fail to remember is that patience isn't always the sole factor at work in a particular couple's situation. Hell, if it was just a matter of patience and waiting it out, I'd have no trouble at all, for example. And really I'm still doing fine, no crumbling cookies here. However in my case there's a pregnancy involved and that complicates things, for reasons I won't go into. When you couple such external factors with the unfair processing time differential with the CSC, it's little wonder that some of us are on edge. So cut wbeem a little slack and take your own advice: be patient with such people KatieKay and Jabl2rom! Or does your patience only extend so far and apply to certain things? LOL

Look, sarcasm aside, what I'm saying is to be more sympathetic and possibly somewhat empathetic to everyone, including wbeem. Not everyone has your same situation; there very well may be external factors at work and not everyone handles such situations as perfectly as you two seem to be capable of. Some folk just get tired of the rah-rah BS after a while, that's all. So have patience and tolerance of such folk.

I'm just sayin'....

I get that, but the general observation is that USCIS is processing August applications, thus he/she and other August filers are close to being approved. (Something they won't accept.) I understand being jaded and impatient with the situation, but acting like this process will take an additional 5 months for those that filed in August is unecessarily conservative. It will not take them a year to get their NOA2. From the outset we are told to hope for 5-6 months and be ready for 10 months - wbeem, like many others, are STILL within that time frame. There is no reason to be raining on the other TSC filers parade. I personally have my own reasons to be frustrated with the speed of this process, but I take comfort in the fact that we are all closer to the end than the beginning. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm just sayin'....

Thank you for understanding. We still make calls, we check with USCIS and our Congressman. We've signed petitions, complained to the OIG, and recently listened to the USCIS conference call. It's not as if we aren't trying to move our case forward. Yet we keep seeing others who haven't waited as long either getting approved or telling us some cheerleader story. It gets old.

Like all of the other couples here, we just want to get through this process and be together. When we started, the approval time was 4-5 months. Now we're nearly 7 months with nothing from USCIS. We've heard people "it's coming soon now!" for months. To be honest, we'd rather not hear such platitudes from people who have no inside information.

We'll get our notice when we get it.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also 7 months. No word.

Please do not tell people to be patient. When you get to 7 months, feel free. Until then, don't.

Please dont tell people what to do. Due to two deployments and a mandatory remote tour in Asia I have had to wait four years. When you get to 4 years, feel free. Until then, don't.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Thank you for understanding. We still make calls, we check with USCIS and our Congressman. We've signed petitions, complained to the OIG, and recently listened to the USCIS conference call. It's not as if we aren't trying to move our case forward. Yet we keep seeing others who haven't waited as long either getting approved or telling us some cheerleader story. It gets old.

Like all of the other couples here, we just want to get through this process and be together. When we started, the approval time was 4-5 months. Now we're nearly 7 months with nothing from USCIS. We've heard people "it's coming soon now!" for months. To be honest, we'd rather not hear such platitudes from people who have no inside information.

We'll get our notice when we get it.

The problem is that you feel they aren't qualified to pep people up because they haven't waited as long as you ...."Please don't tell people to be patient. When you get to 7 months,feel free. Until then, no." What makes 7 months the magic number? Additionally no one forces you to come in a read the posts. This is a place for support and guidance including words of encouragement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

don't pay attention to wbeem. He/she is the most depressed, negative member of them all. They can't even be happy for others. Patience is important, something they obviously lack.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/509972-august-2014-k-1-filers-tsc/page-50

Thank you!

I'm just sayin'....

everyone will not agree on everything because if that was the case we'd all be living in a perfect world. You may agree with wbeen about not wanting to hear other people's "pep talk" but quite frankly if you don't want to hear it, you could always avoid the comments or stay off the website. If I remember correctly we're here to check on the process and also support each other as we go through this long journey. It doesn't matter if im currently waiting 4 months or going on 7 months because the frustration is still the same. You may not want to hear any encouragement, but i'm sure other people could use it.

You guys aren't the only ones who are frustrated or missing your fiancé. Sitting down waiting 6-8 months for an approval is ridiculous, but as I said before if you guys have any way of speeding up the process then by all means go ahead because im sure we'd all love to be done with this, but unfortunately we cant do anything about it except to wait until USCIS inform us of our approval.

I will not be wasting my time going back and forth with neither of you so if neither of you want the members support then there is always a sign out button up top. Good luck to both of you on your journey

October 30, 2014 - Sent I-129F

November 5, 2014 -USCIS received petition

November 9, 2014 - Check pending

November 10, 2014 - Check cashed and NOA1 received

November 17, 2014 - NOA1 hard copy received

************NO RFE...***************

April 2, 2015 - NOA2 (143 days) (L)

April 8, 2015 - NOA2 hardcopy

April 14, 2015 - Send to NVC

April 21, 2015 - NVC Received petition

April 23, 2015 - Case number assigned

April 25, 2015 - In transit

April 23, 2015 - Package 3 received (Email)

April 27, 2015 - Consulate received petition

May 5, 2015 - Package 3 completed & NVC letter received

May 18, 2015 - Medical

May 27, 2015 - Pick up medical results

May 29, 2015 - Interview ----- APPROVED! :dancing:

June 8, 2015 - Administrative Processing

June 9, 2015 - ISSUED! :luv:

June 12, 2015 - Visa Received :dancing:

Timeline

I get that, but the general observation is that USCIS is processing August applications, thus he/she and other August filers are close to being approved. (Something they won't accept.) I understand being jaded and impatient with the situation, but acting like this process will take an additional 5 months for those that filed in August is unecessarily conservative. It will not take them a year to get their NOA2. From the outset we are told to hope for 5-6 months and be ready for 10 months - wbeem, like many others, are STILL within that time frame. There is no reason to be raining on the other TSC filers parade. I personally have my own reasons to be frustrated with the speed of this process, but I take comfort in the fact that we are all closer to the end than the beginning. :D

Yeah I understand you Jabl2rom, and in a way you're correct. However, please recall that not everyone will receive their NOA2 in the same rough time-period that others with approximately equal NOA1 dates will. Said another way, just because other August filers are receiving their NOA2s now and more are to come, doesn't mean that they'll receive theirs. There are still June filers who are waiting, for example. So it actually is possible that it might be an additional 5 months for a given filer, depending on their circumstances. And that is why some of us fight. I know in my case that the possibility of my petition requiring longer to adjudicate than other September filers is a large part of what has me motivated to do everything I'm doing, for example. And I have a reason to fear this possibility with a divorce (I mean will they REALLY need to read ALL 17 PAGES of my decree???) and previous filings. Please remember that some filers will take longer than others who filed at approximately the same time and that is a disturbing reality. Finally, whatever your reasons are to be frustrated, we support you too, hope you and you're fiance are holding up ok.

Anyway, just a thought....

Please dont tell people what to do. Due to two deployments and a mandatory remote tour in Asia I have had to wait four years. When you get to 4 years, feel free. Until then, don't.

I think you missed the point that you tried so diligently to make yourself: someone telling you to be patient IS someone telling you what to do. Therefore if your position of advocacy is that folk shouldn't tell other folk what to do - which you made clear in your two posts - then you must support the notion of not telling someone to be patient too. Else you go the way of hypocrisy. And in the end I think that is what a lot of us who rebel against such rah-rah stuff are attempting to convey: "don't tell me what to do and don't tell me how to feel." You can't have your cake and eat it too Shauneg.

I'm just sayin.....

Thank you!

everyone will not agree on everything because if that was the case we'd all be living in a perfect world. You may agree with wbeen about not wanting to hear other people's "pep talk" but quite frankly if you don't want to hear it, you could always avoid the comments or stay off the website. If I remember correctly we're here to check on the process and also support each other as we go through this long journey. It doesn't matter if im currently waiting 4 months or going on 7 months because the frustration is still the same. You may not want to hear any encouragement, but i'm sure other people could use it.

You guys aren't the only ones who are frustrated or missing your fiancé. Sitting down waiting 6-8 months for an approval is ridiculous, but as I said before if you guys have any way of speeding up the process then by all means go ahead because im sure we'd all love to be done with this, but unfortunately we cant do anything about it except to wait until USCIS inform us of our approval.

I will not be wasting my time going back and forth with neither of you so if neither of you want the members support then there is always a sign out button up top. Good luck to both of you on your journey

So many flaws with that logic and argument. Eh, I won't even delve into it all. Let's just agree to disagree. You can choose to click on the sign out button up top too.

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

Timeline

Yeah I understand you Jabl2rom, and in a way you're correct. However, please recall that not everyone will receive their NOA2 in the same rough time-period that others with approximately equal NOA1 dates will. Said another way, just because other August filers are receiving their NOA2s now and more are to come, doesn't mean that they'll receive theirs. There are still June filers who are waiting, for example. So it actually is possible that it might be an additional 5 months for a given filer, depending on their circumstances. And that is why some of us fight. I know in my case that the possibility of my petition requiring longer to adjudicate than other September filers is a large part of what has me motivated to do everything I'm doing, for example. And I have a reason to fear this possibility with a divorce (I mean will they REALLY need to read ALL 17 PAGES of my decree???) and previous filings. Please remember that some filers will take longer than others who filed at approximately the same time and that is a disturbing reality. Finally, whatever your reasons are to be frustrated, we support you too, hope you and you're fiance are holding up ok.

Anyway, just a thought....

I think you missed the point that you tried so diligently to make yourself: someone telling you to be patient IS someone telling you what to do. Therefore if your position of advocacy is that folk shouldn't tell other folk what to do - which you made clear in your two posts - then you must support the notion of not telling someone to be patient too. Else you go the way of hypocrisy. And in the end I think that is what a lot of us who rebel against such rah-rah stuff are attempting to convey: "don't tell me what to do and don't tell me how to feel." You can't have your cake and eat it too Shauneg.

I'm just sayin.....

So many flaws with that logic and argument. Eh, I won't even delve into it all. Let's just agree to disagree. You can choose to click on the sign out button up top too.

You're were just ridiculously rude about it bottom line and you've missed that point entirely.

Timeline

You're were just ridiculously rude about it bottom line and you've missed that point entirely.

Rude? Nah, I don't think so, wasn't trying to be, that's for certain. Anyway, let's you and I also agree to disagree peacefully.

6/16/15 - Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Really. Sad to hear August filers are still waiting!!! I'm an October filer so I'm hoping to heR good news for you guys and September soon!!

Sept 29/2014 - I 295f sent

Oct. 03/2015 - NOA1

May 21/2015 - RFE

June 3/2015 - RFE Resp Sent

June 23/2015 - NOA2 (263 DAY WAIT!)

July 8/2015 - NVC Recieve

July 9/2015. -Number Assigned

July 13/2015 - Left NVC

July /2015 - Consulate Recieves

- Recieved Packet 3

- Sent Packet 3

- received Date for Interview

Timeline

. This is a place for support and guidance including words of encouragement.

Yet you're offering neither right now.

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Rude? Nah, I don't think so, wasn't trying to be, that's for certain. Anyway, let's you and I also agree to disagree peacefully.

Yep didn't mean you sorry about that. I didn't feel you were rude.

Timeline

Your timeline says you filed in January. Maybe you were doing other things for those four years, but it doesn't really count for the purpose of waiting on USCIS.

Edited by Penguin_ie
Lee & William

Timeline

Wasn't....just trying to find out why someone can tell another to be patient at 7 months but not when they've been waiting 4. Why 7?

Maybe if you have to wait longer, you'll understand. I brought this up in a previous post, but I'll spell it out for you because you asked.

When we started, the process took 4-5 months to get an approval for a petition. The expectations were set. Then USCIS started gradually moving the goal posts. When we were at four months, we thought an approval was coming soon, but it didn't happen.

Calling USCIS makes you realize that the only objective their customer service has is to get you to hang up. They stonewall, offer outdated information, no insight to the progress of your case, and sometimes they outright lie to you. Some agents are nice, others are abusive.

After you bang your head against this wall and other methods of trying to figure out what's happening, you get frustrated. The longer you do it, the more frustrated you get. That's why seven months is worse than four. It should seem obvious to anyone else who has been waiting as long for a petition. The problem is that people who haven't waited as long just don't seem to get it. It's something that you experience, which is why others who have shared this experience understand it better than those who aren't as far along.

Lee & William

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.