C-ma'am

Filing shortly - Is this enough?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello!

It's almost that time for me and I want to make sure I got this on the first attempt. Can you take a look and see if you would do any modifications?

q I-751 Form (with additional sheet for addresses)

q Check with fee $590

q Copy of green card

q Copy of tax returns

q Proof of credit cards together

q Copy of bank statement showing both of our paychecks being deposited there

q Copy of leases for previous addresses

q Copy of utility for a previous address

q Copy of HUD for home purchase

q Copy of mortgage payments

q Copy of HOA statements

q Copy of annual property taxes

q Copy of health insurance benefits

q Copy of DMV correspondence sent to both, to the same address

q Copy of homeowners insurance

Reading other posts, I see that, some people, received RFEs for more proof of commingled finances over the span of their marriage. So, the million dollar question is... for items such as bank statements.. how many should I add? I can also include copies of my pay stubs, showing that my paycheck has been deposited, in full, into our account, since the beginning of time. I have ALL mortgage payments and HOA statements, should I send them all too?

I can get affidavits and I can make copies of cards... but, do we really need to? :protest:

Suggestions, are welcome and much appreciated.

Thank you,

Celeste

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Good start, C-Bone. Congratulations on reaching this stage.

One financial-type statement per quarter is good.

Do the same for mortgage payments & HOA statements.

Affidavits are suggested only when other evidence is weak.

Be sure that you copied both sides of the green card.

Consider crafting wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents. These make excellent evidence for ROC, and they're even more crucial to have in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks T! I'll take your advise! I got some more things today and I need to wait for the transcripts.

Something occurred to me, though. I'm going down to Argentina for a week. I'm flying a few days after, my 90 days from GC anniversary. By the time I fly, I won't have a NOA1 to carry with me.

That should not matter at all, right? I'll only be gone for 1 week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If your conditional green card is still valid when you fly there and back, there should be no problem. Call the CBP station at your U.S. airport to ask. Let us know what they say.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks T! I'll take your advise! I got some more things today and I need to wait for the transcripts.

Something occurred to me, though. I'm going down to Argentina for a week. I'm flying a few days after, my 90 days from GC anniversary. By the time I fly, I won't have a NOA1 to carry with me.

That should not matter at all, right? I'll only be gone for 1 week.

Right. You won't need the NOA 1 year extension letter until your green card is actually expired.

P.S. > Hi, Celeste! :)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.