Toforo

MNL NUMBER Recieved! The final process....

11 posts in this topic

Hello all - I'm looking for both a LITTLE BIT of information.....

....and also a little bit of "assurance" lol

Our USCIS Form I-797C Notice of Action of APPROVAL was received on 21 January 2015.

In this approval, they stated that no further information was needed from me, the petitioner.

Early on in our relationship, I had seen the direction we were headed and I had kept our "relationship journey" VERY WELL DOCUMENTED with photos of our meeting, copies of airline tickets, copies of passport entering/leaving country, hotel receipts, etc - and we had submitted ALL of this information, as well as a few things that were NOT "asked for" when we applied for her K1 visa. The only "notice of action" we received during THAT process, was because she had forgotten to sign her "K1 Intent to Marry within 90 Days" Affidavit - which we quickly corrected.

In fact, our I-797C was approved in less than three weeks from that omission.
(Being retired military, I even included copies of my Department of Defense Military Retired Identification Card)

On 11 February, we received my fiancée's MNL# from the NVC in New Hampshire - and now she is preparing for her part in this - her final steps (Visa payment at BPI, Date of Consular Interview setting, Medical/St. Lukes - and of course the final step, her Consular interview at the embassy in Manila.

My question is this (Form I-134 Affidavit of Support). I have read here and on various other forums, that sometimes during the consular interview at the embassy, "they" ask for the I-134 Affidavit of Support - and sometimes they don't.
Here's my question - all of their letters to me, including their final letter from USCIS 1-797C Notice of Action/Approval, they have stated that they have received all the information they need from me and that no further information is required.

So, having seen that OTHERS have sometimes been asked for the I-134 Affidavit of Support at some point in their fiancée's interview, I'm looking to see if others have experienced going through this WITHOUT the embassy requesting the Affidavit of Support.

What I don't want to happen? I do NOT want my fiancée (who is doing the last few steps BY HERSELF) to go through everything from payment to medical, to the middle of her consular interview, only to have it come to a screeching halt because no one has asked for this form and our entire process gets delayed.

So, like I stated at the beginning - I'm looking for a little additional information and assurance - yes, I want a case of the "warm fuzzies" that we are properly prepared.

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Information is GOOD!
Thanks in advance -
Chris.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our USCIS Form I-797C Notice of Action of APPROVAL was received on 21 January 2015.

In this approval, they stated that no further information was needed from me, the petitioner.

Early on in our relationship, I had seen the direction we were headed and I had kept our "relationship journey" VERY WELL DOCUMENTED with photos of our meeting, copies of airline tickets, copies of passport entering/leaving country, hotel receipts, etc - and we had submitted ALL of this information, as well as a few things that were NOT "asked for" when we applied for her K1 visa. The only "notice of action" we received during THAT process, was because she had forgotten to sign her "K1 Intent to Marry within 90 Days" Affidavit - which we quickly corrected.

(Being retired military, I even included copies of my Department of Defense Military Retired Identification Card)

On 11 February, we received my fiancée's MNL# from the NVC in New Hampshire - and now she is preparing for her part in this - her final steps (Visa payment at BPI, Date of Consular Interview setting, Medical/St. Lukes - and of course the final step, her Consular interview at the embassy in Manila.

My question is this (Form I-134 Affidavit of Support). I have read here and on various other forums, that sometimes during the consular interview at the embassy, "they" ask for the I-134 Affidavit of Support - and sometimes they don't.

Here's my question - all of their letters to me, including their final letter from USCIS 1-797C Notice of Action/Approval, they have stated that they have received all the information they need from me and that no further information is required.

So, having seen that OTHERS have sometimes been asked for the I-134 Affidavit of Support at some point in their fiancée's interview, I'm looking to see if others have experienced going through this WITHOUT the embassy requesting the Affidavit of Support.

What I don't want to happen? I do NOT want my fiancée (who is doing the last few steps BY HERSELF) to go through everything from payment to medical, to the middle of her consular interview, only to have it come to a screeching halt because no one has asked for this form and our entire process gets delayed.

So, like I stated at the beginning - I'm looking for a little additional information and assurance - yes, I want a case of the "warm fuzzies" that we are properly prepared.

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Information is GOOD!

Thanks in advance -

Chris.

Here is the deal, currently the I-134 is listed as a required document, along with a copy of your most recent tax return and W2 (maybe not relevant to you) in the embassy instructions letter. Also in the past couple months it has been a real mix as to whether the support documents are asked for during the interview.

Best advice is follow the embassy instructions letter.

For details on the complete process follow the flashing arrow below.

~ Thank You For Your Service!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

'they' = USCIS

'them' = IV Section, US Embassy Manila.

you need to find/read/study Hank_ 's handy-dandy, neeto-keen (yet spiffy) Guide to SuperFast K-1 Visa Chasing for Manila IV.

and read it. often, in the next 10 days, as this is yer new Bible.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Toforo, on 26 Feb 2015 - 3:58 PM, said:

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Information is GOOD!

Thanks in advance -

Chris.

Thank you for your service and I mean that literally from another ex-military. Further to your question we are still advising, until something is official, that you complete the I-134 and have it for the interview. It's better to have then have not. We still find that some of the CO at the interview are asking for the document and some are not. Word is that it is not required but the "man with the gold makes the rules" and that is the CO standing in your way of getting the visa. So we say go along to get along.

Good luck and return with any other questions. Best guide out there is Hank's K-1 guide. Follow the multiple arrows below in my signature box and review the tab "NVC to USEM". Lots of good information and tips.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thank you for your service and I mean that literally from another ex-military. Further to your question we are still advising, until something is official, that you complete the I-134 and have it for the interview. It's better to have then have not. We still find that some of the CO at the interview are asking for the document and some are not. Word is that it is not required but the "man with the gold makes the rules" and that is the CO standing in your way of getting the visa. So we say go along to get along.

Good luck and return with any other questions. Best guide out there is Hank's K-1 guide. Follow the multiple arrows below in my signature box and review the tab "NVC to USEM". Lots of good information and tips.

Greenbaum -

Can you check your messages please?

Thanks.

Here is the deal, currently the I-134 is listed as a required document, along with a copy of your most recent tax return and W2 (maybe not relevant to you) in the embassy instructions letter. Also in the past couple months it has been a real mix as to whether the support documents are asked for during the interview.

Best advice is follow the embassy instructions letter.

For details on the complete process follow the flashing arrow below.

~ Thank You For Your Service!

OK Hank_ this leads to the next question.

I can do the I-134 with "attached" supporting financial information immediately - BUT....

Where is the best place to have it delivered at this stage in the game and -

Which carrier should I use -

and should I have them delivered to the NVC in New Hampshire, the Embassy in Manilla, or to my fiancée directly?

Honestly? I'd rather my personal financial information (Bank, Financial Institution, Balance Sheet, Deposits/assets) NOT be floating around Manila in the wrong hands.

My fiancée has NOT yet received her letters from the NVC or the Embassy in Manila.

Thanks!

Timeline

OK Hank_ this leads to the next question.

I can do the I-134 with "attached" supporting financial information immediately - BUT....

Where is the best place to have it delivered at this stage in the game and -

Which carrier should I use -

and should I have them delivered to the NVC in New Hampshire, the Embassy in Manilla, or to my fiancée directly?

Honestly? I'd rather my personal financial information (Bank, Financial Institution, Balance Sheet, Deposits/assets) NOT be floating around Manila in the wrong hands.

My fiancée has NOT yet received her letters from the NVC or the Embassy in Manila.

Thanks!

Everything needs to go directly to your fiancee, she will hand carry everything listed in the embassy instructions letter with her to the interview. You can email copies of most things, only the I-134 is requested to have original signature, send it FEDEX, UPS, DHL or such.... but NOT the mail.

Do not be waiting for a letter or anything from USEM (nothing comes from NVC to your fiancee), read the guide in my link... and beat feet.

Next. You do NOT need to send all your financial documents to the Philippines, no bank statements, no balance sheets, nothing like that. You need to show income adequate to meet the poverty guidelines of the I-864P, for two people that is $19662 or slightly more soon as the new guidelines go into effect, your military pension should handle that I would bet. You have a letter stating your pension income? That is all you need to send (a copy) if you don't have a current job that you pay taxes on. When I went through I did not provide a tax return as my income is not taxable for the most part (S.S., VA disability, and a small pension), I just provided copies of my benefits letter from VA and S.S.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Everything needs to go directly to your fiancee, she will hand carry everything listed in the embassy instructions letter with her to the interview. You can email copies of most things, only the I-134 is requested to have original signature, send it FEDEX, UPS, DHL or such.... but NOT the mail.

Do not be waiting for a letter or anything from USEM (nothing comes from NVC to your fiancee), read the guide in my link... and beat feet.

Next. You do NOT need to send all your financial documents to the Philippines, no bank statements, no balance sheets, nothing like that. You need to show income adequate to meet the poverty guidelines of the I-864P, for two people that is $19662 or slightly more soon as the new guidelines go into effect, your military pension should handle that I would bet. You have a letter stating your pension income? That is all you need to send (a copy) if you don't have a current job that you pay taxes on. When I went through I did not provide a tax return as my income is not taxable for the most part (S.S., VA disability, and a small pension), I just provided copies of my benefits letter from VA and S.S.

Yes, my income as a retiree far exceeds the limits of what they require.

But, as a government/military retiree with direct deposit, I get no "pay statement" and my income has been non-taxable for a few years so there are no w-2 or 1040 forms to send as "they" ask.

The embassy/state department says that for military retiree pension, they will accept a copy of "direct deposit history" from my bank - along with a memo from them saying that I have been with them for XX amount of years attached to the I-134 Affidavit.

Yes - you'd think that one federal agency would be familiar with it's sister-agencies.... NEVER happens lol - never.

(and yes, I AM reading and following the guide - VERY helpful)

I have an immigration attorney (or so he says) but he is used to dealing with a SINGLE type of clientele - immigration from central/south America. Let's say that he has been "less than helpful" with the "Philippine Expedition" lol.

One solitary thing has "saved me" over and over - I'm retired military WITH a civil service background, so I am WELL away of "paper flow" lol.

I think MY record keeping is better than my "attorney" lol.

Tomorrow/Friday morning, I will UPS express send the I-134 and 3pages from my bank.

My fiancée should have it sometime next week - that's fast enough.

So Hank_ - with all that said, I think you've all got me going down the right path.

Regrettably, now all of the remaining burden falls upon my fiancée (BPI visa pay, set interview date, St.Lukes, and finally interview) - but she's a smart cookie, staying just north of Manila and she's pretty independent so I know she'll get it done.

(She's had to do it before for "contract work" out of country)

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Toforo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As a military retiree, I get a yearly 1099 from the mypay website instead of a w-2. Also, there are monthly military retiree pay statements on the mypay website. I used those in preparation to prove my I-134 income.

I went to my fiancee's USEM interview and they didn't ask for anything financial related ... not even the I-134.

Timeline

Yes, my income as a retiree far exceeds the limits of what they require.

But, as a government/military retiree with direct deposit, I get no "pay statement" and my income has been non-taxable for a few years so there are no w-2 or 1040 forms to send as "they" ask.

The embassy/state department says that for military retiree pension, they will accept a copy of "direct deposit history" from my bank - along with a memo from them saying that I have been with them for XX amount of years attached to the I-134 Affidavit.

Yes - you'd think that one federal agency would be familiar with it's sister-agencies.... NEVER happens lol - never.

(and yes, I AM reading and following the guide - VERY helpful)

I have an immigration attorney (or so he says) but he is used to dealing with a SINGLE type of clientele - immigration from central/south America. Let's say that he has been "less than helpful" with the "Philippine Expedition" lol.

One solitary thing has "saved me" over and over - I'm retired military WITH a civil service background, so I am WELL away of "paper flow" lol.

I think MY record keeping is better than my "attorney" lol.

Tomorrow/Friday morning, I will UPS express send the I-134 and 3pages from my bank.

My fiancée should have it sometime next week - that's fast enough.

So Hank_ - with all that said, I think you've all got me going down the right path.

Regrettably, now all of the remaining burden falls upon my fiancée (BPI visa pay, set interview date, St.Lukes, and finally interview) - but she's a smart cookie, staying just north of Manila and she's pretty independent so I know she'll get it done.

(She's had to do it before for "contract work" out of country)

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

All my payments are direct deposit also, don't you get a 1099 or ? If not go online to mypay (not sure if that is the correct) and you can print out a pay statements letter. This is all I did, just sent copies of pay statements (I had no issues with the embassy). If you want to send copies of your bank statements showing direct deposits and have concerned with account numbers, black out all but the last 4.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For your information as well, during the interview they gave us a small piece of paper that details the minimum requirement we need to prepare before we face the CO. Below are the items word for word and goodluck to you guys.

ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS

- Valid Passport

- NSO Birth Certificate

- NSO CENOMAR or Marriage Certificate

- Updated NBI Clearance (for Travel Abroad)

- Affidavit of Support from petitioner (Form I-134)

- Proof of relationship with the petitioner

PHOTOCOPIES

- Latest Income Tax Returns (Form 1040)

- Latest Withholding Tax Statement (W-2)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.