rnab32

Forms mailed from US Embassy to fiancee

22 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I will be applying for a K1 Visa for my soon to be fiancee. I've read through the K1 flowchart on this site. What caught my eye is:

Step 8 - Forms and Checklist Sent to Beneficiary

I assume these items will be mailed to my fiancee, however she can't receive mail at her apartment complex in Quezon City. Will this be a problem? Will they send these same items to me (petitioner) as well and I can just scan and email them to her?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lot of good info about your question here at this VJ thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/447645-how-long-between-petition-approval-and-fiance-receiving-package/

Edited by luckytwo15

Thank you! That thread answered my questions, even one I didn't think of...that the Embassy will mail the visa to my fiancee, but since she can't receive mail she can pick it up at 2GO branch.

ROC:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I will be applying for a K1 Visa for my soon to be fiancee. I've read through the K1 flowchart on this site. What caught my eye is:

Step 8 - Forms and Checklist Sent to Beneficiary

I assume these items will be mailed to my fiancee, however she can't receive mail at her apartment complex in Quezon City. Will this be a problem? Will they send these same items to me (petitioner) as well and I can just scan and email them to her?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Aside from the I-134 (recommend sending this by FEDEX, UPS, DHL or such) you can email everything your fiancee will need for the interview process. The embassy does not mail the visa it is delivered by 2GO.

Nothing of importance is mailed to your fiancee by USEM so no worries there.

For the process in Manila follow the flashing arrow below (the guide on VJ is too generic)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks Hank! I was actually planning on going back to the Philippines around July/August for a week to visit my fiancee and planning on just bringing the I-134 with me.

One more question I had from reading the Embassy letter regarding this statement:

If you are eligible for a K1 or K2 visa, your passport with the approved visa will be delivered to your designated delivery address at no additional cost.

So the embassy will keep her passport and deliver it along with her approved visa to 2GO?

ROC:

So the embassy will keep her passport and deliver it along with her approved visa to 2GO?

That is correct. At the time of the interview your fiancee will surrender her passport. It will be returned with the visa and other documentation required at the Port of Entry when it is approved.

Timeline

Thanks Hank! I was actually planning on going back to the Philippines around July/August for a week to visit my fiancee and planning on just bringing the I-134 with me.

One more question I had from reading the Embassy letter regarding this statement:

If you are eligible for a K1 or K2 visa, your passport with the approved visa will be delivered to your designated delivery address at no additional cost.

If you have not started the petition process yet, you will need a G-325A and a Letter of Intent to marry from your fiancee, so get those done while there and bring them back.

The visa is printed in the passport so yes the embassy will keep the passport after the interview and deliver it and a DO NOT OPEN envelope to your fiancee upon final approval.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks sevenrider!

Hank - I'm actually going to the Philippines next month to propose in person and yeah was already gathering those two forms for her to fill out and sign while I'm there. Thanks for the reminder!

Oh ok, that makes sense as to why they'll keep her passport.

Thanks everyone for all the support! I'm so glad I found this site as it definitely helps ease mine and my girlfriend/financee's concerns!

ROC:

Timeline

Thanks sevenrider!

Hank - I'm actually going to the Philippines next month to propose in person and yeah was already gathering those two forms for her to fill out and sign while I'm there. Thanks for the reminder!

Oh ok, that makes sense as to why they'll keep her passport.

Thanks everyone for all the support! I'm so glad I found this site as it definitely helps ease mine and my girlfriend/financee's concerns!

Oh, also grab a 2X2 passport style photo.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Oohh good call! Will do.

The G-325A and a Letter of Intent to Marry that I'm going to have her sign while I'm there, will it matter if it will have an earlier date on it from the rest of the petition (i.e. I-129, my G-325A, etc..) ?

ROC:

Timeline

Oohh good call! Will do.

The G-325A and a Letter of Intent to Marry that I'm going to have her sign while I'm there, will it matter if it will have an earlier date on it from the rest of the petition (i.e. I-129, my G-325A, etc..) ?

Nope, not an issue on the date.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Right on, thanks again!

ROC:

I just read about the DO NOT OPEN envelope that my fiancee will have to provide at POE.

Just wondering since my fiancee can't receive mail, how and when does she get the DO NOT OPEN envelope?

ROC:

Timeline

I just read about the DO NOT OPEN envelope that my fiancee will have to provide at POE.

Just wondering since my fiancee can't receive mail, how and when does she get the DO NOT OPEN envelope?

It is not mailed (thank goodness as PhilPost never delivers) it delivered by 2GO courier.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Can she pick it up at a 2GO branch along with her visa/passport since she can't receive mail/deliveries?

Edited by rnab32

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.