LibCampFireClub

Gowdy Opening Statement at Hearing on Immigration Executive Actions

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

This quote is toward the end of the tape at about 5:13

I'm going to say this for those who benefit from the president's polices. You may be willing to allow the end to justify the means in this case. You may well like the fact that the president has abused prosecutorial discretion and conferred benefits in an unprecedented way. You may benefit from from the president's failure to enforce the law. Today, I will make you this promise: There will come a day where you will cry out for the enforcement of the law. There will come a day where you will long for the law to be the foundation of this Republic. So, you be careful what you do with the law today. Because if you weaken it today, you weaken it, forever. With that I would yield back.

Timeline

That was a good close to the opening statement. Gowdy is not going to sway anyone of a major party. The Republicans will talk a good game but in reality they will want this same power that Obama has pulled off. They know they will be the Kings eventually. At that time the Dems will cry and moan but they will stop and wait their own turn to use that particular power.

Nothing will come of this.

This quote is toward the end of the tape at about 5:13

That was a good close to the opening statement. Gowdy is not going to sway anyone of a major party. The Republicans will talk a good game but in reality they will want this same power that Obama has pulled off. They know they will be the Kings eventually. At that time the Dems will cry and moan but they will stop and wait their own turn to use that particular power.

Nothing will come of this.

I do get that this is one of the most polarizing issues in America today. I get that some on the left think borders are evil and to let everyone in. I get that there are radical latins who have lived here for years illegally, and believe they have a right to stay. I get that more than 20,000 illegals have illegally crossed the border into Texas since January. I get that they will say and do anything regardless how much it hurts the people who obey our laws.

I get it all.

Timeline

I get it too. I see we live same area so you know as well as I that this problem is an old one. Both parties allowed this to happen. Neither of these parties will do what is needed to take care of the problem.

I do get that this is one of the most polarizing issues in America today. I get that some on the left think borders are evil and to let everyone in. I get that there are radical latins who have lived here for years illegally, and believe they have a right to stay. I get that more than 20,000 illegals have illegally crossed the border into Texas since January. I get that they will say and do anything regardless how much it hurts the people who obey our laws.

I get it all.

This nation doesn't have much to be proud of anymore, does it?

Oh contraire grasshopper.

As for Nation, the emperor has divided the people of this country into his cozy pigeon holes:

1. His supporters, who are dwindling, but dead-enders remain

2. His vascillators, those who provide his sponge bath every day, but are liking it less and less

3. Fox News watchers

4. White guilters

5. People who actually built it themselves

6. People who did and paid for every single stinking step of immigration

7. Illegal Aliens

8. Aliens from other planets

9. Left wing whackos

10. Right wing whackos

What's most troubling about his list is not its existence, it's that he is engaging in a calculated high-tech genocide of those who do not support or lean in his direction.

The rest of us believe in the country, its foundation, and also believe we will get through this. We'll have to clean up his mess, and promise to give him all the zeros from each and every government computer keyboard office as a token gift when he leaves.

When you can snatch this pebble from my hand, you will indeed understand.

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Dude, let go. W is no longer in office. Move on... We've been cleaning up his mess for a while now...

Oh contraire grasshopper. As for Nation, the emperor has divided the people of this country into his cozy pigeon holes: 1. His supporters, who are dwindling, but dead-enders remain 2. His vascillators, those who provide his sponge bath every day, but are liking it less and less 3. Fox News watcher 4. White guilters 5. People who actually built it themselves 6. People who did and paid for every single stinking step of immigration 7. Illegal Aliens 8. Aliens from other planets 9. Left wing whackos 10. Right wing whackos

What's most troubling about his list is not its existence, it's that he is engaging in a calculated high-tech genocide of those who do not support or lean in his direction. The rest of us believe in the country, its foundation, and also believe we will get through this. We'll have to clean up his mess, and promise to give him all the zeros from each and every government computer keyboard office as a token gift when he leaves.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Everybody's gotta eat...

I'm sure there are some valid points buried somewhere in the midst of the mindless babble, but I can never get past the first sentence of his posts without this image popping in my head.

Krusty-the-Clown-psd86491.png

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It's evident a lot gets lost in translation... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sure there are some valid points buried somewhere in the midst of the mindless babble, but I can never get past the first sentence of his posts without this image popping in my head.

Krusty-the-Clown-psd86491.png

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org