I AM NOT THAT GUY

Saudi court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

108 posts in this topic

That's why the government doesn't object to them, officially at least. Of course Iraq was stable as was Libya. Least said about that the better eh?

But what about the people who want the US to go to war because ISIS beheaded a few people on tv?

Why is one situation a cause for anti Muslim hysteria and a justification for war while the other gets silence?

You honestly don't think there is a difference between the atrocities of ISIS and Saudi Arabia? I'm leaving whether people think the US should to war with ISIS out of it. Which one has the worst perception in the world?

All the more reason to stop buying their oil and approve that keystone pipeline and drill baby drill.

If we had put our noses to the grindstone back in the early 70's with the first oil crisis, we could be energy independent now and alternative energy sources would be much further along.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

You honestly don't think there is a difference between the atrocities of ISIS and Saudi Arabia? I'm leaving whether people think the US should to war with ISIS out of it. Which one has the worst perception in the world?

If we had put our noses to the grindstone back in the early 70's with the first oil crisis, we could be energy independent now and alternative energy sources would be much further along.

Given I lay blame for the attacks of 09/11 partially on Saudi Arabia, I will say the Saudis.

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When the US government supports one and not the other I don't think you can claim that morality has anything to do with it. Its doubly meaningless when the US went to war with someone who had nothing to do with 9/11 while turning a blind eye to those who did

All it comes down to is how much media coverage there is. You 'see' what ISIS does, you mostly read about what goes on in Saudi Arabia.

As I say, to me all it proves is how easily people are manipulated by the media. Of course, that's probably what ISIS is looking for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

multiple posts removed for insults. should it continue, the hammer will drop.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

When the US government supports one and not the other I don't think you can claim that morality has anything to do with it. Its doubly meaningless when the US went to war with someone who had nothing to do with 9/11 while turning a blind eye to those who did

All it comes down to is how much media coverage there is. You 'see' what ISIS does, you mostly read about what goes on in Saudi Arabia.

As I say, to me all it proves is how easily people are manipulated by the media. Of course, that's probably what ISIS is looking for.

I'm not talking about the US government. I'm talking average Joe. Which of the two is worse in the eyes of the general public? Which do you personally think is worse?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Got Google?

Try "Vatican holocaust."

I'm not finding info where the Vatican participated in or caused the holocaust. Could they have tried to more? Certainly. They apologized for not doing more. It looks like you tried to twist it into killing in the name of Christ argument. But that's not what it was.,

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It's widely known the role of the Vatican in giving Nazis safe passage and false documents so they could flee Europe in exchange for money and artifacts stolen from the Jews they murdered.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/25/nazis-escaped-on-red-cross-documents

Genocide was not because of religion. No, I didn't realize the Vatican helped with Genocide. Any good link for that? I'm interested.

They aided known Nazis escape persecution. The Vatican was an accessory after the fact. I am glad they didn't do more. They helped enough Nazis as it is already.

I'm not finding info where the Vatican participated in or caused the holocaust. Could they have tried to more? Certainly. They apologized for not doing more. It looks like you tried to twist it into killing in the name of Christ argument. But that's not what it was.,

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It's widely known the role of the Vatican in giving Nazis safe passage and false documents so they could flee Europe in exchange for money and artifacts stolen from the Jews they murdered.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/25/nazis-escaped-on-red-cross-documents

They aided known Nazis escape persecution. The Vatican was an accessory after the fact. I am glad they didn't do more. They helped enough Nazis as it is already.

Did you read the article you linked to?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All the more reason to stop buying their oil and approve that keystone pipeline and drill baby drill.

All the keystone pipeline fiasco is holding up is oil being transported by pipe. In it's absense, the oil flows via truck and rail. Both of these more expensive and dangerous alternatives. But don't worry, the flow continues uninterrupted. In fact, you and I can find common ground on the keystone pipeline nonissue. Well, except I would assume you would favor private citizens objections to it being built on their land.

Timeline

I thought I'd show an article without much bias.

Try this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/8539981/Red-Cross-and-the-Vatican-helped-thousands-of-Nazis-escape.html

Did you read the article you linked to?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Timeline

All the keystone pipeline fiasco is holding up is oil being transported by pipe. In it's absense, the oil flows via truck and rail. Both of these more expensive and dangerous alternatives. But don't worry, the flow continues uninterrupted. In fact, you and I can find common ground on the keystone pipeline nonissue. Well, except I would assume you would favor private citizens objections to it being built on their land.

I heard a great analogy yesterday about toilets and pipelines. It related that if our poop was transferred to trucks and rail cars it could be shipped to another location for safekeeping. Needless to say, transporting it has a helluva lot more moving parts and chance of problems than moving shitTHRUpipes made by SHITthruPIPEmovers anonymous.

Timeline

Which is something that baffles me to this day. We've had 40-year's notice on the current oil crisis and did nothing to prevent it.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It's a claim, maybe true. Or maybe not. And we can also ignore the fact that tens of thousands of Jews were helped by Christians purely for humanitarian reasons, no religion involved. But it really doesn't change the discussion here. The Vatican didn't help the Nazi's kill Jews in the name of Christianity. Hitler didn't kill Jews because of their religion and he didn't kill them because of his religion.

This thread started out about a man who renounced his religion and will be executed for it by his government that supports the religion he renounced.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015