aceofspade6891

NVC Requesting Documents They Have Already Received

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Here is my situation. Hopefully someone who has gone through something similar can give me some guidance.

I am petitioning for my wife to get a US Visa. We were married in August, and begun the Visa process at that time. On December 17th, the NVC received what should have been the last of the documents they required for our visa interview. Among these were our DS 260 and all the required original documents that go along with it. We were very thorough, and made absolute sure everything was included. Upon receipt of our documents on the 17th, an email was sent to us from the NVC stating that we should allow 60 days for them to process our documents. If everything looked in order the next step would be for them to schedule us an interview at the US consulate in Bucharest, Romania where my wife is immigrating from.

Fast forward roughly two months and this past Friday the 20th of February I received an email and checklist from the NVC stating that they need us to file a DS 260. As stated previously this was submitted and received by them in December. I called the NVC regarding this on a few different occasions and each time received slightly different answers, each eventually telling me to disregard the email as they could see my document was submitted in December. They advised that I call back the following week.

I continued to wait another week until today, the 24th of February, I received another checklist stating that they need us to submit police reports. I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that we sent the police reports with our other documents. I called the NVC again and they told me that despite our sending them, they don't have them and that I should request a supervisors review to see if the documents were overlooked. This would extend our wait another 45 days :(

This is truly heartbreaking as we thought we were so close. My confusion stems from the fact that this is the second time we have received an email requesting documentation that we already submitted. Maybe they will find and review the documents as was the case with the DS 260? At the same time I am not sure whether to believe that the DS 260 has been reviewed as the person on the phone always mentions that they sent us the checklist until I explain that I sent it back in December. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. The person I talked to on the phone today said that our DS 260 was reviewed, and that all that was missing were the police reports. Nobody can tell me why I received the email requesting the DS 260. My hope is that the same thing will happen with these police reports and we can press forward with the interview soon.

Has anybody had the NVC request documents they already submitted? If so what happened? Please give me some guidance if you have been in a similar situation. Thanks!

Looks like you are already ahead of the average time spent in the immigration process if you filed in August and started your 60 day wait December 17th, Look at this way...it could be so much worse. Good luck!

So I just got off the phone with the NVC and the rep told me that the initial email referencing my missing DS 260 form was actually in regards to the missing police certificates. This is despite the fact that the initial email never once mentions police certificates, it only references the DS 260. I am really starting to believe that these people are just making things up to get me off the phone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's terrible! I haven't experienced this issue myself, but I think I've seen it pop up on the forums before. Maybe others can offer more insight. Good luck!

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is my situation. Hopefully someone who has gone through something similar can give me some guidance.

I am petitioning for my wife to get a US Visa. We were married in August, and begun the Visa process at that time. On December 17th, the NVC received what should have been the last of the documents they required for our visa interview. Among these were our DS 260 and all the required original documents that go along with it. We were very thorough, and made absolute sure everything was included. Upon receipt of our documents on the 17th, an email was sent to us from the NVC stating that we should allow 60 days for them to process our documents. If everything looked in order the next step would be for them to schedule us an interview at the US consulate in Bucharest, Romania where my wife is immigrating from.

Fast forward roughly two months and this past Friday the 20th of February I received an email and checklist from the NVC stating that they need us to file a DS 260. As stated previously this was submitted and received by them in December. I called the NVC regarding this on a few different occasions and each time received slightly different answers, each eventually telling me to disregard the email as they could see my document was submitted in December. They advised that I call back the following week.

I continued to wait another week until today, the 24th of February, I received another checklist stating that they need us to submit police reports. I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that we sent the police reports with our other documents. I called the NVC again and they told me that despite our sending them, they don't have them and that I should request a supervisors review to see if the documents were overlooked. This would extend our wait another 45 days :(

This is truly heartbreaking as we thought we were so close. My confusion stems from the fact that this is the second time we have received an email requesting documentation that we already submitted. Maybe they will find and review the documents as was the case with the DS 260? At the same time I am not sure whether to believe that the DS 260 has been reviewed as the person on the phone always mentions that they sent us the checklist until I explain that I sent it back in December. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. The person I talked to on the phone today said that our DS 260 was reviewed, and that all that was missing were the police reports. Nobody can tell me why I received the email requesting the DS 260. My hope is that the same thing will happen with these police reports and we can press forward with the interview soon.

Has anybody had the NVC request documents they already submitted? If so what happened? Please give me some guidance if you have been in a similar situation. Thanks!

Doing some research I just came across the fact their are "false checklists" which are sometimes sent out. I'm assuming my initial checklist regarding the DS 260 would have fell into that category.

Anyone ever seen a false checklist that related to something as specific as a police report? I have copies of those reports but getting more originals would be a nightmare and very time consuming. I'm hoping it's false and maybe they haven't reviewed the reports yet.

Sadly it hapoens that they misplace documents and we cannot do anything but to furnish them another copy of what they want :/ hoping everything goes well though with your case...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.