Utah_Bound

And now the real wait begins... thanks to "workload factors"

3 posts in this topic

My son (was 15 at the time of filing) moved to the USA to live with me (I am a US Citizen and he is a UK citizen) and my wife. My first son had moved here three years ago once he turned 16 and had finished school in the UK and his whole process from filing to getting his green card (and then his US passport) was around six months. Same paperwork, same type of filing (unmarried child of a US Citizen, under the age of 21) and now this is taking an eternity. His timeline so far:

09/23/2014

Mail immigration forms to Chicago lock box (USPS Tracking: 911490123080176595xxxx)

Arrived Chicago 09/25/2014

10/09/2014

USCIS acknowledge processing of immigration forms:

MSC159004xxxx – I-485 Adjust of Status (Acceptance)

MSC159004xxxx – I-130 Immigration Petition (Initial Review)

MSC159004xxxx – I-765 Work Permit (Initial Review)

10/16/2014

Received NOA I-797C from USCIS MO 64002

MSC159004xxxx – I-485 Adjust of Status

MSC159004xxxx – I-130 Immigration Petition

MSC159004xxxxx – I-765 Work Permit

10/17/2014

Received NOA I-797C – Biometrics appointment in Salt Lake City 10/31/2014 @12 Noon.

12/10/2014

Received Work Permit card in mail from USCIS.

02/24/2015

Letter received from USCIS dated 02/18/2015. Notice of Potential Waiver Case. Also to inform us that due to workload factors not related to this case, USCIS anticipate a delay of approximately six months for the Adjustment of Status (MSC159004xxxx).

Anyone else been notified of delays? I'd sure appreciate some feedback from any similar cases.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep, the Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum currently has several active "Notice of Potential Waiver Case" threads, and certainly there are more in the recent past.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

It's amazing that the very same process for me three years ago, for my older son, only took six months from the date of application to receiving his green card (the very same day we applied for his US Passport which arrived 4 weeks later. How things have changed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.