andymack

Medical Review - Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone -

I just got back from my medical with Dr. Mascarenhas. Overall, the experience was smooth and pleasant (other than the weather which is obviously not his fault :P ).

I initially called the office of Dr. Ian Zaztman because I thought it would be easier for me to get to (suburb driving vs. city driving). I left a message with Michelle after several attempts to get through, and I never heard back from her. So, I emailed Dr. Mascarenhas office at lunch on a Thursday, and heard back from the lovely Lilly that afternoon. I had messed up the month in my request (I wrote late March instead of late February by accident, when my interview is March 17), and she called to clarify and schedule me in. She also told me that all 4 photos need to be original passport photos on glossy paper, and that colour photocopies would not be accepted.

Later, when I missed information that was already on the site, she still promptly answered my question via email.

Fast forward to today...

I ended up taking transit downtown. Took the Yonge subway line from Union, got off at the St. Clair station, and walked the two blocks west to the office. It was easy to find and would actually be a nice walk had the weather been friendlier. I arrived twenty minutes early for my 2pm appointment, but Lilly was accommodating anyway. She gave me paperwork to fill out (where I needed to write my passport number, MTL #, intended US address, etc.) while I waited with everyone else. When I returned it, she asked for and photocopied:

My passport

my immunization records

my 4 passport photos

Then she asked me to sit back down. I waited until about 2:20 to actually see Dr. Lyndon, and he was really friendly. Just as I had read in other reviews, he had thanked me for coming to him. He asked about my general health (good, no major problems or surgeries). I asked him how many people he sees per day, and how different the requirements are for the different countries since he does the US, Canada, and Australia medicals. He asked me my height and weight, took my blood pressure, and then about my job and the job market. He explained that Lilly will call me when the brown envelope is ready, then asked for $300. He said it's fine for my father to pick the package up for me when it is ready since he works nearby, and just made a note of it for Lilly. He then gave me two documents to take to the X-ray (To check for TB) and blood work (to check for syphilis) labs. That's it!

The X-ray lab is literally right down the hall (He is Suite 101 and the X-ray is Suite 110). The girls were nice and it was empty so I was done in less than ten minutes. The blood work lab moved to two blocks down the street, about a 5 minute streetcar ride. (The office is at St. Clair and Forest Hill Dr., and the lab is on St. Clair just past Bathurst). On a nice day, it would actually be a pleasant walk! Again, the staff were great and it was empty so I was in and out in less than ten minutes.

The $300 covered the x-ray and bloodwork, so you don't have to bring separate cash/payments for those.

Easy!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone -

I just got back from my medical with Dr. Mascarenhas. Overall, the experience was smooth and pleasant (other than the weather which is obviously not his fault :P ).

I initially called the office of Dr. Ian Zaztman because I thought it would be easier for me to get to (suburb driving vs. city driving). I left a message with Michelle after several attempts to get through, and I never heard back from her. So, I emailed Dr. Mascarenhas office at lunch on a Thursday, and heard back from the lovely Lilly that afternoon. I had messed up the month in my request (I wrote late March instead of late February by accident, when my interview is March 17), and she called to clarify and schedule me in. She also told me that all 4 photos need to be original passport photos on glossy paper, and that colour photocopies would not be accepted.

Later, when I missed information that was already on the site, she still promptly answered my question via email.

Fast forward to today...

I ended up taking transit downtown. Took the Yonge subway line from Union, got off at the St. Clair station, and walked the two blocks west to the office. It was easy to find and would actually be a nice walk had the weather been friendlier. I arrived twenty minutes early for my 2pm appointment, but Lilly was accommodating anyway. She gave me paperwork to fill out (where I needed to write my passport number, MTL #, intended US address, etc.) while I waited with everyone else. When I returned it, she asked for and photocopied:

My passport

my immunization records

my 4 passport photos

Then she asked me to sit back down. I waited until about 2:20 to actually see Dr. Lyndon, and he was really friendly. Just as I had read in other reviews, he had thanked me for coming to him. He asked about my general health (good, no major problems or surgeries). I asked him how many people he sees per day, and how different the requirements are for the different countries since he does the US, Canada, and Australia medicals. He asked me my height and weight, took my blood pressure, and then about my job and the job market. He explained that Lilly will call me when the brown envelope is ready, then asked for $300. He said it's fine for my father to pick the package up for me when it is ready since he works nearby, and just made a note of it for Lilly. He then gave me two documents to take to the X-ray (To check for TB) and blood work (to check for syphilis) labs. That's it!

The X-ray lab is literally right down the hall (He is Suite 101 and the X-ray is Suite 110). The girls were nice and it was empty so I was done in less than ten minutes. The blood work lab moved to two blocks down the street, about a 5 minute streetcar ride. (The office is at St. Clair and Forest Hill Dr., and the lab is on St. Clair just past Bathurst). On a nice day, it would actually be a pleasant walk! Again, the staff were great and it was empty so I was in and out in less than ten minutes.

The $300 covered the x-ray and bloodwork, so you don't have to bring separate cash/payments for those.

Easy!

thanks for the detailed review! I have my appointment with him tomorrow. Not looking forward to the extra walk to the blood clinic lol.

BTW how fast did you get your medical package back? or have they even called you yet letting you know its ready?

thanks!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks for the detailed review! I have my appointment with him tomorrow. Not looking forward to the extra walk to the blood clinic lol.

BTW how fast did you get your medical package back? or have they even called you yet letting you know its ready?

thanks!

You're welcome. I love detailed reviews so I figured I'd contribute :)

Lilly hasn't called me about my envelope yet, and she didn't give me a time frame. I am assuming sometime next week? My interview isn't until March 17th, so I won't start getting worried until the week of the 9th.

Good luck tomorrow!

Timeline

You're welcome. I love detailed reviews so I figured I'd contribute :)

Lilly hasn't called me about my envelope yet, and she didn't give me a time frame. I am assuming sometime next week? My interview isn't until March 17th, so I won't start getting worried until the week of the 9th.

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline

just had my medical this morning. Everything was pretty normal, as described above. He pretty much checked everything off and told me that he's sure im healthy lol.

One thing i would definitely suggest is taking the streetcar to his office and to the blood clinic if you are taking the transit there. I took the street car right from st clair station and it dropped me right outside his office. Walking in this cold wouldve been brutal!

He was adamant not to call and that they will call when the package is ready, I guess people call and ask very often lol. my appt was at 9:30 and he saw me at 9:35ish, I got there at 9am

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline

many thanks for the details, did the medical exam take urine sample? for drug screen?

nope. Examined by doctor, chest xrays and blood work.

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline

got a call this morning to pick up my medical package. So 4 business days to get everything, not bad.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Is it just one vial of blood?

Like most I hate needles, LOL.

yes, it was only one.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.