johnandmhel

Police Clearance for Bahrain

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

I've just recently received the NOA1 for my beloved in the Philippines and was looking over the K-1 Fiancée list of documents that she'll eventually need to bring to the visa interview. Best to get a jump on getting documents now rather than later.

One that jumped out at me was getting a Police Certificate for another country that she lived in for more six months -- Bahrain. She was there about a year working.

Of the required documents that she is supposed to take to the Embassy in Bahrain in Manila there are the following:

1. Photocopy of Bahrain Residence Permit

2. Photocopy of Bahraini Residence Permit

3. Authenticated National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Sundry Information with Full Finger Prints

Two Concerns:

1. I'm concerned that she may not still have this Bahrain Residence Permit/Bahraini Residence Permit anymore as it/they may have been lost. If that's the case, I don't know whether the Bahrain Embassy there can look it up with her Philippine passport (with her Bahrain visa stamps) from when she worked/lived there. If they can't look it up, then she may not be able to get this Police Certificate from them. I don't think in the K-1 visa interview this will be high up on their list to ask but, of course, want all bases covered in case it's asked for otherwise it might get a soft 221g refusal for her to go get it.

2. Is the Authenticated National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Sundry Information with Full Finger Prints the normal NBI Clearance that one gets from NBI in Manila? I would think so but am checking in case anyone knows.

Salamat po/Thank you,

John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

NBI has 2 kinds and differentiated by colors which can be obtained at any satellite offices in Philippines. The Green is for TRAVEL / VISA PURPOSES and the other is local use only ( not sure whether it's beige or pink now ) .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update: It turns out that she does have her Bahrain Residency Permit card after all. So I think it will be okay for her, after getting her green (Thanks/Arigato gozaimashita Maria4Garrett!) NBI Clearance with Fingerprints that she'll be able to get the Bahrain Police Certificate. However, been told (after calling the Bahrain Embassy in the US) that it may take up to 4 months :wow:to get this certificate. So it's good that I caught this now early in the process as it's possible that she could have her visa interview six months from now.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

I've just recently received the NOA1 for my beloved in the Philippines and was looking over the K-1 Fiancée list of documents that she'll eventually need to bring to the visa interview. Best to get a jump on getting documents now rather than later.

One that jumped out at me was getting a Police Certificate for another country that she lived in for more six months -- Bahrain. She was there about a year working.

Of the required documents that she is supposed to take to the Embassy in Bahrain in Manila there are the following:

1. Photocopy of Bahrain Residence Permit

2. Photocopy of Bahraini Residence Permit

3. Authenticated National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Sundry Information with Full Finger Prints

Two Concerns:

1. I'm concerned that she may not still have this Bahrain Residence Permit/Bahraini Residence Permit anymore as it/they may have been lost. If that's the case, I don't know whether the Bahrain Embassy there can look it up with her Philippine passport (with her Bahrain visa stamps) from when she worked/lived there. If they can't look it up, then she may not be able to get this Police Certificate from them. I don't think in the K-1 visa interview this will be high up on their list to ask but, of course, want all bases covered in case it's asked for otherwise it might get a soft 221g refusal for her to go get it.

2. Is the Authenticated National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Sundry Information with Full Finger Prints the normal NBI Clearance that one gets from NBI in Manila? I would think so but am checking in case anyone knows.

Salamat po/Thank you,

John

If she has her old police certificate from Bahrain that may work. Here is the process for obtaining the police certificate: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/BA.html#policerecords-6

As for the NBI, follow the embassy instructions letter, it states to get an NBI for TRAVEL ABROAD, this will be the green colored document.

You will get better answers to questions relating to the Philippines in the Philippines forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.