azelle

can I renew my philippine passport here in the US even if I already overstayed?

7 posts in this topic

Came here in the US under a tourist visa. Now I overstayed her in the US but I'm getting married next month with my long time boyfriend who is a US Citizen. The Atty. that's helping our case said I should have a valid passport when we file for USCIS. My passport is already expiring next month. I asked him (our atty.) if I can renew my passport even if I already overstayed here in the US. He said the philippine embassy here in the US doesn't care about my immigration status. We're leaving for DC soon to renew it. I want to verify if somebody was able to do this? Is it true that they dont care about my immigration status. I dont want to get deported just because of this.

hoping to hear from somebody soon. Thanks!

Azelle, check this website..I also highlighted the #3 because when I applied to renew my passport last 2012 they asked me to present my greencard and another valid ID which is my State ID. I am not sure but if you have a valid ID here in US maybe they will not ask you to present your greencard .

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/index.php?page=consular-services-main/faq-main/

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS (to be submitted along with other requirements specific to case):
  1. Duly-accomplished passport application form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink
  2. Latest original passport and one photocopy of data page of passport (original will be returned)
  3. Proof that applicant has not applied for foreign citizenship, e.g. resident alien card
  4. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice, if Passport is to be mailed back.
  5. Passport fee of $60.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash, or money order, bank draft, certified check or cashier’s check, made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Philippines Consulate doesn't care if you are on overstay in USA.

Look at the Mexico Consulate in Dallas, they are helping illegal aliens who entered illegalal try to get citizenship and file paperwork

The Philippines Consulate doesn't care if you are on overstay in USA.

Look at the Mexico Consulate in Dallas, they are helping illegal aliens who entered illegalal try to get citizenship and file paperwork

Does she need to provide any identification from here in US? I was asked to present my greencard when I renewed my passport.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does she need to provide any identification from here in US? I was asked to present my greencard when I renewed my passport.

I have never been to a Philippines Consualte in USA, So I have no clue....

Came here in the US under a tourist visa. Now I overstayed her in the US but I'm getting married next month with my long time boyfriend who is a US Citizen. The Atty. that's helping our case said I should have a valid passport when we file for USCIS. My passport is already expiring next month. I asked him (our atty.) if I can renew my passport even if I already overstayed here in the US. He said the philippine embassy here in the US doesn't care about my immigration status. We're leaving for DC soon to renew it. I want to verify if somebody was able to do this? Is it true that they dont care about my immigration status. I dont want to get deported just because of this.

hoping to hear from somebody soon. Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to renew your passport even if you have no status in the US. I know someone who did it and she simply filled up a form, attached her photo to the form and mailed those with her expired passport and money order (passport fee) to the Philippines embassy in Chicago. Edited by sjk&cjj

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.