too long

How long does it NVC take

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

HI guys

I applied I130 for my wife in India, it got approved on Dec 31st 2014. I been calling NVC every week they keep saying they haven't received my case and to email them my NOA2. I did that 3 weeks ago , and I still don't have a reply from them. How long does it take to get a case number? Please Help !!!!

It is taking a while now to get case number at NVC ,they are a little behind as they was close for some days due to the weather. They will tell you it could take up to 42 days. My took 43 days there are other members on here that took longer. Generally the K-1 fiancé visa receive case number faster in about 2 weeks or less. The IR-1/CR-1 visas it takes at least 42 days some have gotten it sooner but that was before the weather closure days

The NVC should of at least receive your case by now

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

~~moved to NVC discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

It can take from 2-8 weeks for the NVC to receive your case. If they haven't yet, then call the USCIS and find out when it was sent.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My petition was approved by USCIS sometime in late November. I think we finally heard back from NVC sometime in late January. 2 months is probably a good barometer these days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My petition was approved by USCIS sometime in late November. I think we finally heard back from NVC sometime in late January. 2 months is probably a good barometer these days.

Thanks for your post, it lets us know that we may have only one more month to wait. So much for everything moves faster now, but we are learning patience in a strong way. Thanks again.

Melinda (Malak) & Hemza

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just found out from USCIS , my case was send to nvc on feb 26th . Why did I get a letter from Uscis mid january saying that my case is approved and they have send the case to nvc . Do I have to wait another 60 days to get a case number . Please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It usually takes a week for the paper work to arrive at the NVC. Give them a call and see if they have received it, they will tell you if they have it and the date it arrived.

Recently it have been taking 30-42 days from the date NVC receives the paperwork til the date they assign a case number.

The 60 days is for the Affidavit of Support and IV package processing, you will begin those steps once you get the case number.

I just found out from USCIS , my case was send to nvc on feb 26th . Why did I get a letter from Uscis mid january saying that my case is approved and they have send the case to nvc . Do I have to wait another 60 days to get a case number . Please help

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is my 1st post - hope it's okay to tack on my own question ☺... My husband's I-601A (Mexico) was approved mid-November and our lawyer tells us she is still waiting for USCIS to send their approval to the NVC. From what I've read so far, 3 (almost 4!) months is an unusually long wait. The fees are paid and all of the documents are ready - she's just waiting for the NVC's instructions/barcode. Does anyone know how I can find out what's going on? Is the number from our i130 approval relevant? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.