YouAndMeForever

PLEASE HELP!! Can we still use the 2013 IRS Tax Return Return Transcript as the MOST recent on?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm adjusting from a K1 visa and we are having a problem with the Form I-864. My USC husband filed his 2014 taxes by mail a few days ago and the IRS has NOT processed it yet.

We cannot access IRS Tax Return Transcripts yet (we would have to wait weeks from now because they haven't processed it yet) and we do not have copies of the W2 and the complete tax return form.

There will be a only a week between the date of my husband filing taxes and us mailing my AOS package to the USCIS. Will we get an RFE for using the 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcripts as the most recent one? We will also submit an employment letter, last 9 months of paystubs and the 2011 and 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript for further supporting evidence.

Also, should we include a letter in the AOS package to USCIS explaining that we cannot access the 2014 tax return transcripts yet and that we do not have copies of the 2014 tax papers (W2) whatsoever?

PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You should be fine as the tax season for 2014 ends April 30 2015 and it does takes from 4 to 6 weeks to get transcript.

I am kinda in the same position as you as I getting the docs ready for the Affidavit of support and will not get 2014 tax transcript for the package.After sending in the docs , you can request the 2014 transcript and keep it just in case they need it.

You should be fine as the tax season for 2014 ends April 30 2015 and it does takes from 4 to 6 weeks to get transcript.

I am kinda in the same position as you as I getting the docs ready for the Affidavit of support and will not get 2014 tax transcript for the package.After sending in the docs , you can request the 2014 transcript and keep it just in case they need it.

Thank you for answering. Yes I have been thinking to do the same, mailing the AOS package with the 2013 transcript as the most recent and then get the 2014 IRS Tax Return Transcript once it is available just in case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I also sent my 2013 Tax transcripts. I have not done my 2014 taxes yet so i sent them my most recent once which would be 2013. As pointed out above you would have to wait a month or more to get the 2014 tax transcripts after doing the taxes and that's a long time.

I also sent my 2013 Tax transcripts. I have not done my 2014 taxes yet so i sent them my most recent once which would be 2013. As pointed out above you would have to wait a month or more to get the 2014 tax transcripts after doing the taxes and that's a long time.

Yeah it is a long time. :( I would be out of status after March 5th so we definitely don't have any time to wait. We will just mail the AOS package as it is and hope for the best. And of course we will get the 2014 transcripts as soon as we can and hold onto it just in case USCIS sends us an RFE wanting to see the 2014 transcripts. And if we have an AOS interview we will definitely bring the 2014 transcripts with us. :)

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.