LibCampFireClub

Rise of the mini-jihadis: ISIS releases chilling video showing children as young as FIVE

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not surprised by your position. However, our military leaders who know a lot more than you or me believe the only way ISIS will be defeated is when the US commits itself to a substantial effort of land, sea, air, and boots on the ground. Our military remains the strongest on earth today. Not just in hardware, but in the minds and hearts of the men and women who have dedicated their lives to studying history and military strategy. 0bama didn't learn that in Chicago.

Its not a surprise that Military leaders favor deployment. They normally do. Using them to begin with is part of what created the environment for ISIS to rise in the first place. A defeat of ISIS at the hand of Arabs will do more to destroy their cause than our shiny military coming to the rescue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We won. Haven't you heard?

mission_accomplished.jpg

feckless-obama.jpg?w=728&h=520

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

Its not a surprise that Military leaders favor deployment. They normally do. Using them to begin with is part of what created the environment for ISIS to rise in the first place. A defeat of ISIS at the hand of Arabs will do more to destroy their cause than our shiny military coming to the rescue.

I disagree. I don't have such a cynical view of our military and certainly don't believe them to be a group of men and women who favor war over peace. So, why did 0bama remove the troops from the region after being warned by everyone what would happen?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh, the rivers of denial run deep.

yeah, it's always bush's fault. that left wing echo chamber plays only one song.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I disagree. I don't have such a cynical view of our military and certainly don't believe them to be a group of men and women who favor war over peace. So, why did 0bama remove the troops from the region after being warned by everyone what would happen?

Well, I would expect that you would disagree. And that's ok. It happens. I'm from a military family and I have a big place in my heart for our troops. I do not want my friends and family shipped off to fight in a war that doesn't do anything for our country. Its a pointless death in my opinion. But military leaders usually opt for what they know. They know war. That's what they do. That's why Patton argued at the end of WW2 to continue the war against the Russians. He knew the Russians were going to be a problem (and they were) and wanted to "do something" about it. The correct decision as we see now, was to do what we did....... no military action.

Obama removed the troops because that's what Americans wanted.

yeah, it's always bush's fault. that left wing echo chamber plays only one song.

Just like echoing out of the right wing now is that everything is Obama's fault. Wow imagine that, the same song.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

IMHO the situation in the ME and ISIS in particular is something we should be concerned with, but we need to act with care and not repeat the same mistakes from years ago. The only way you can defeat an ideology is by replacing it with another ideology. We also need to bear in mind we must accommodate for cultural differences and realize that our formula doesn't fit nor suit all. Sending troops at this point will only make matter worse they than already are because it can and will be sold as a war on Islam, which might only give ISIS additional appeal to many more to join their ranks.

The US must be a part of the solution, but the solution must come from the countries in the area. ISIS already made the mistake to evoke the wrath of Jordan, Egypt and Turkey. These countries are already engaging in combat, supported by US aerial capabilities. That's how a coalition is formed and that should be our role until there are enough assurances it is worth our while to send our troops into dangerous ground.

Well, I would expect that you would disagree. And that's ok. It happens. I'm from a military family and I have a big place in my heart for our troops. I do not want my friends and family shipped off to fight in a war that doesn't do anything for our country. Its a pointless death in my opinion. But military leaders usually opt for what they know. They know war. That's what they do. That's why Patton argued at the end of WW2 to continue the war against the Russians. He knew the Russians were going to be a problem (and they were) and wanted to "do something" about it. The correct decision as we see now, was to do what we did....... no military action.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Just like echoing out of the right wing now is that everything is Obama's fault. Wow imagine that, the same song.

Not only that but keeping there indefinitely isn't an option so the fall-out would happen at some point. Same as in Afghanistan that place is no better off today than it was 5 years ago and it won't be better off 5 years down the road either. Whenever we leave, the vacuum will be filled by someone we don't like. Doesn't matter how long we kept our troops there. Just a waste of lives and treasure.

Filed: Timeline

This may sound bad, but the Middle East needs to have a thorough war without European involvement to properly determine the will of the people living there. Dictators need to be overthrown etc. This could have happened peacefully in 1918 but now its something only conflict will solve.

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah well you always say this and while I agree that there was a lot of criticism directed at GWB that wasn't legitimate, when it comes to Iraq I don't see how anyone can claim that he wasn't responsible for it. He absolutely was.

It was his administration who pushed the agenda and he was the person in charge of it.

That is a perfectly legitimate criticism of the Bush administration and the Blair government. They went to war, despite huge public opposition and what has happened in the country since is exactly what was predicted would happen - a power vaccuum between extremist groups.

Because of his agenda for war thousands of US and UK servicemen and women have died to no purpose along with tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

If there were any justice, Bush, Chesney and Blair would be on trial in the Hague for causing this mess.