beemer8

My Birth Certificate Does Not Have My Name!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am a naturalized citizen and I am appliying GC for my parents. The birth certificate i provided does not have my name , since its very customery to not have a name picked at the time of birth in my country (India). The query rightfully askes to clarify this to prove that my parents are my real parents (understadably) !

Now, this is what they sent me as below

"Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons, other than yourself and the person for whom you are petitioning, who were living at the time the events(s) occurred and have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. The persons making the affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of united states. Each affidavit must contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit:
1. his or her full name and address,
2. date and place of birth
3. relationship to you, if any,
4. full information concerning the event, and
5. Complete details concerning how he or she acquired knowledge of the event."

Now, they have also given options to do DNA test to prove that my parents are my biological parents. My question is should I do this test ? Because it is not cheap to do DNA test, I am finding anywhere from $550 to $800 and for two person it would be $1500! So, should i just send in the affidavit ? or also send the DNA test as well?

Does the written statements need to be notarized ?

thanks for your help!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Get the notarized affidavit statements from the relatives who are present or aware of your birth at the time. There are tons of the formats on the internet. You can use any of them. I did the same for my own green card years ago and using the same for my mother's I-130 application.

Filed: Timeline

Get the notarized affidavit statements from the relatives who are present or aware of your birth at the time. There are tons of the formats on the internet. You can use any of them. I did the same for my own green card years ago and using the same for my mother's I-130 application.

Thank You akpman!

What format are you referring to, in you look in OP I have quoted the format that the USCIS has mentioned , are you referring to that or anything else ?

thank you

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thank You akpman!

What format are you referring to, in you look in OP I have quoted the format that the USCIS has mentioned , are you referring to that or anything else ?

thank you

Yes. I am referring to that. But usually there will be a some boiler plate legalese to put the same information. Google for them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.