52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are they jobs if she isn't getting paid? Sounds more like a hobby.

I for one am confused, always thought of money being involved. Even for amateur hour.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I for one am confused, always thought of money being involved. Even for amateur hour.

You're forgetting the underlying issue of it does generate income, however none of it has been reported to the IRS for taxation purposes.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

You're forgetting the underlying issue of it does generate income, however none of it has been reported to the IRS for taxation purposes.

He said none has been made, nothing about IRS.

And that he dropped out of school as he could not afford it. Would not be an issue if she was being paid.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It isn't that hard to get a job paying 125% of the poverty line. Most decent waitresses make way more than that, for example.

Hello guys,

This is my situation. I came to the US on F1 status to do my Master's in computer science. I married an American Citizen on the 14th of November, 2014. I then failed out of school and lost my F1 status. That means, I am out of status right now.

Here are the options I considered and why they have not worked out for me:

1. Green Card: My wife is not in college either due to financial aid problems. She is not in school and has no degree. So, she cannot get a job or an income. For me to get a green card, I need my wife to be earning at least 125% of the poverty line of the year (which is near $20,000 a year). The alternate to my wife not earning is any of her family members working. Her dad is dead and her mom does not work at all. Any other family member she has are not ready to sponsor me and cannot even if they were, because they are not a part of my wife's tax returns or living in the same household (one of which HAS TO BE MET in order for the family members to sponsor me). We are not able to find any friends who make that money and are green card holders who are ready to sponsor us. So, we cannot do that either. So essentially, we do not have a sponsor or required income in order to apply for a green card.

2. Spouse Visa: Spouse visa requires everything a green card requires. So for the same reasons as mentioned in point 1, spouse visa is not possible either.

3. H1B Visa: No company is ready to sponsor me for a H1B straightaway without an OPT or CPT or some kind of work authorization. I cannot get any of this because all of this requires the help of the college which I am not a student of anymore.

4. I-765 Visa: This is an EAD or work authorization visa, which requires a LOT of conditions to be met, which I do not meet. Also, this has to be a side application along with a lot of options. The only one I am eligible to apply is the I-881 form but the requirements they have to apply for that and apply for I-765 visa still does not meet my present situation.

The companies I talk to want me to show SOME kind of work authorization so I can work here, which I do not have. If anyone could please let me know what to do about this situation of mine, I would be really glad guys. I am really low on cash and have to start some kind of employment for the survival of the small family I am responsible for. Someone, PLEASE provide me with some kind of assistance or leads on this situation. What can I apply for that I would get approved of? What can I do to get work authorization? Who can help me out in this? Can an organization get involved in this? Please help me out.

Thank you very much in advance.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Filed: Timeline

I am sorry I did not mean to say any. I meant to say not enough income. Really sorry about that. She made near $10,000 last year. We need $20,000 to be over 125% poverty line. Sorry about that. Was typing on phone and misspoke.

Edit: god there are lot of technical errors in my previous post. Looks like my brain went retarded for a second there. She has been camming for a year and stripping for 2 weeks. She stripped for a month before in a different club and made just near $300 the whole time. She is now making $150 at least a day. As I already said, her poor ankle and hands make her an average dancer and cannot get a lot of money, but this is feeding the family. Since she is new and the city is not so fast, she is having a tough time with that. If she made a lot, I am sure she will report it to IRS because we need it. She paid taxes on the money she earned by camming. I am sorry for such a misleading reply. These are all the facts and not spoken in a hurry or without thoughts.

Edited by sumanthkrisna

Timeline

Must admit I assumed it paid more than that, could she get extra hours?

Filed: Timeline

Must admit I assumed it paid more than that, could she get extra hours?

She could easily go everyday. But we don't have a car, she gets physically sick due to the walking and dancing, and I feel horrible making her do this even if she doesn't complaint much about it. But yes, with experience, you can make $200-$500 a day, as far as the stripers I have seen in the fancier clubs.

As for camming, she makes $400-$500 a month. That is kind of the best you can expect out off it.

You make your wife strip and do webcams? I'm going to assume you didn't mean this and it was some sort of typo.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

If she makes that little money, she should be able to get health insurance for free or like $26 per month. Then, she could get that ankle and wrist fixed, and do the stripper job better, or another job altogether, like waitressing.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Timeline

You make your wife strip and do webcams? I'm going to assume you didn't mean this and it was some sort of typo.

OP has been pretty clear over several posts.

Couple of days a week would meet the requirements

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You wife can easily work and make 20k a year, who said you need a degree to get a job? Waitressing she will make at least that, my son who is a sophomore in college makes more than 20k a year as an intern at my husband's company working part time. All I see here from you is "I can't ,We can't, no no no." Unless you and your wife are willing to make the effort to meet the affidavit of support, either her alone or with a joint sponsor, you need to leave. Is that what you want to hear?... because it's the truth. So I suggest you and your wife put your big boy and big girl panties on and figure it out. Or you could just leave the country, go home and have your wife move with you,

Timeline

You wife can easily work and make 20k a year, who said you need a degree to get a job? Waitressing she will make at least that, my son who is a sophomore in college makes more than 20k a year as an intern at my husband's company working part time. All I see here from you is "I can't ,We can't, no no no." Unless you and your wife are willing to make the effort to meet the affidavit of support, either her alone or with a joint sponsor, you need to leave. Is that what you want to hear?... because it's the truth. So I suggest you and your wife put your big boy and big girl panties on and figure it out. Or you could just leave the country, go home and have your wife move with you,

OP updated she is working.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am sorry I did not mean to say any. I meant to say not enough income. Really sorry about that. She made near $10,000 last year. We need $20,000 to be over 125% poverty line. Sorry about that. Was typing on phone and misspoke.

Edit: god there are lot of technical errors in my previous post. Looks like my brain went retarded for a second there. She has been camming for a year and stripping for 2 weeks. She stripped for a month before in a different club and made just near $300 the whole time. She is now making $150 at least a day. As I already said, her poor ankle and hands make her an average dancer and cannot get a lot of money, but this is feeding the family. Since she is new and the city is not so fast, she is having a tough time with that. If she made a lot, I am sure she will report it to IRS because we need it. She paid taxes on the money she earned by camming. I am sorry for such a misleading reply. These are all the facts and not spoken in a hurry or without thoughts.

Do the math, here you just said she makes $150 a day stripping, that is $750 a week if she works 5 days or 3k a month close to 40 k a year PLUS the money she makes camming. This is WELL over the poverty level. I am not sure why you keep posting and making excuses for why she doesn't make the poverty level when she makes double. Stop making exuses, make he claim the money she makes and you will be fine. If you are not prepared to do that just move home

OP has been pretty clear over several posts.

Couple of days a week would meet the requirements

I understood she was doing it, but the way it was worded in that post sounds like its not something SHE CHOSE to do but something HE is MAKING her do. Choosing to strip is one thing. Most strippers I've known do it because it's a power trip and the money is fantastic. But being forced to do it by your currently illegal alien husband is another story. So i was hoping he meant she was choosing to do it, despite having a torn ligament in her foot.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.