alexisr85

K1 Visa Denied - Santo Domingo

66 posts in this topic

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Not to lie, I submitted well over 600 pages of evidence:

• ALL Whatsapp conversations from June 2015 to Dec 2015
  • All Whatsapp calls between my wife and I (screenshots from my cell phone)
  • ALL Hangouts calls (paid calls to fiance's cell phone using Google Voice) from 09/2014 to 01/2016
  • All cell phone calls from 01/2015 to 12/2015 (dialed to her home number)
  • Hundreds of pictures sorted by each and every single trip, including our wedding, honeymoon, with family/friends (all organized and dated by trip)
  • Letter indicating the times we meet since 2012 (well over 7 times) and the passport pages along with the flight itineraries showing so
  • Two signed/notarized affidavits from my brother and from is girlfriend
  • All financial docs (tax returns from 2012 to 2015) including all affidavit of support forms, etc...
  • 2015 tax returns including w7 application (for us to file jointly this year) and signed statement from both of us indicating to the IRS we're electing to file as joint for this year (mailed copy of exact, same package along with copy of my wife's ids that was sent to the IRS - signed by both of us)
  • ALL receipts for every single gift, wedding band, wedding ring, shoes, clothes, necklaces, etc, etc... that I've ever bought my wife
  • Mobile Recharge Printouts showing all the times I reload her cell phone number (every other week or so), which can also be cross-referenced to the phone call records I provided
  • ALL the money I sent my wife EVERY SINGLE MONTH via Xoom.com printed from 2013 to now to show ongoing financial support
  • Copies of marriage certificate and notarized translation, etc etc
  • Bank Reference letter from bank in DR where we have a joint account along with translated copy of the letter that is also notarized
  • Facebook printout showing the "friendship" from 2012 to 2016 - this shows all the pictures, comments, posts, friend/family comments over the years, months, week,s and days to show our relationship is actually real
  • Receipts for the apartment/hotel rentals for our stay during our last few trips when I went to DR (about 4 trips)
  • Receipts for our hotel rental for our honeymoon
  • A bunch of other things I can't remember right now

All in all, I tried to provided as much as I could to truly show them that we CONTINUE to have an ongoing, true relationship. There are so many areas I wanted to cover and I made sure to send our conversations and Facebook printouts and a few other items that I frankly omitted the first time thinking everything I sent was enough. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Something tells me we'll be interviewed again, regardless of how much anyone with a brain can put two and two together and realize this is a true relationship, but hey, whatever it takes for us to be together. There's always that fear of "what if" since it happened not once, but twice that we were "denied" for the 129f, but we'll keep fighting to be together.

• 2 months later...

Great news!! Our I-130 was approved on April 28th!!!! My wife and I were discussing our next steps and guessing we'd hopefully be together by end of August. I happened to check for the heck of it and just saw the decision. We're being excited and in disbelief. It only took 3 months to get approved??!! This is out of the new service center as well. We're so glad it moved so quickly. Next step is wait for the case to reach the National Visa Center and hopefully have it reach the Santo Domingo embassy for us to schedule our appointment by end of June (fingers crossed). I'll update as we get the updates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great news!! Our I-130 was approved on April 28th!!!! My wife and I were discussing our next steps and guessing we'd hopefully be together by end of August. I happened to check for the heck of it and just saw the decision. We're being excited and in disbelief. It only took 3 months to get approved??!! This is out of the new service center as well. We're so glad it moved so quickly. Next step is wait for the case to reach the National Visa Center and hopefully have it reach the Santo Domingo embassy for us to schedule our appointment by end of June (fingers crossed). I'll update as we get the updates.

Good luck! I'll be praying for u guys! Hope this time around will work!

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

On May 26th we received emails from NVC with the NVC Case number and invoice number along with a checklist of supporting docs that needed to be sent in. We managed to finally put everything together, pay the fees for the Affidavit of Support processing and for the Immigrant Visa on the US Department of State site, and finally mailed the supporting docs two days ago and they arrived tosay at the NVC. We completed the DS 260 form online as well last night.

At this point, we're waiting the 2 to 4 weeks it takes (per the NVC and US Department of State website) to review the supporting documents. If all goes well, the next step is for the NVC to move forward in the scheduling of our appointment at the Santo Domingo embassy. Will keep everyone updated as we get more information!

Another update: received notice via email asking for an updated I-864 (Affidavit of Support). Checklist stated the one I sent in was outdated and the version from 07/02/2015 should be sent in (latest version at this time). I updated the form and will send out tomorrow. They actually reviewed the documents very quickly. They updated my wife's last name (to include my last name per the updated passport) on the US Department of State status site. Hopefully they'll review it quickly and we'll have an interview sooner than later!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

great for you guys.. cant wait for the update

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind words. I just received the email that our documents have all been reviewed and we're in queue for an interview!! Very excited things are coming along so quickly. Can't wait for that date! Thanks again to those following along and for your support.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

All the best for both of you and a speedy uncomplicated approval (F)

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Another update: received notice via email asking for an updated I-864 (Affidavit of Support). Checklist stated the one I sent in was outdated and the version from 07/02/2015 should be sent in (latest version at this time). I updated the form and will send out tomorrow. They actually reviewed the documents very quickly. They updated my wife's last name (to include my last name per the updated passport) on the US Department of State status site. Hopefully they'll review it quickly and we'll have an interview sooner than later!

Wow you had a long journey any updates ?

Wow you had a long journey any updates ?

On July 7th we received the notification email that everything has been processed at the NVC and we're now waiting for an interview. Called a few days ago for an update and the NVC advised all interviews for August have been issued already, so to our dismay it looks like it'll be sometime in September and hopefully not into October. Once they issue the date, we'll see if there's any way to reschedule for an earlier date, as sometimes folks cancel and slots open up, to my understanding. Thanks for asking!

Great news!!! We received notification today via an emailed letter that our interview has been set for August 25th! This is truly unexpected and we couldn't be happier! On to preparation and planning for that day. Things are moving along so quickly it's truly so unexpected. We're so excited!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Cool, best wishes for a successful outcome.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Love will find a way...

Congrats on your marriage & Best of luck on your interview day.

12-03-2016 I-129F sent to lockbox
17-03-2016 NOA1 (email)
09-06-2016 NOA2 (website)
17-06-2016 NOA2'(hardcopy)
08-07-2016 NVC case received
11-07-2016 NVC case # assigned
11-07-2016 CEAC in transit"
13-07-2016 CEAC "READY"
31-08-2016 Medical
08-09-2016 Interview
17-09-2016 Visa Recieved
27-09-2016 POE via Dallas

AOS

04-11-2016 AOS packet mailed (I-485/I-765/I-131)
08-11-2016 Received
26-11-2016 RETURNED

28-11-2016 Resend AOS

15-12-2016 Email/SMS Notification received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.