alexisr85

K1 Visa Denied - Santo Domingo

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Is that really a way forward? I think its a dangerous game to ask to meet the head. I know it sucks, I can feel the pain, but I am sure getting married and filing a CR is a better way forward.

There is no reason to be afraid of a government official. At least not a us government one in an embassy. You might anger the CO that interviewed you, but that's it. What's the danger? Foreign service officers are there for 2 years then move to another post. Even if the OP were to totally anger the immigration chief, odds are the chief would be gone by the time the CR interview happened.

And who knows? Maybe the CO is known to be a d-bag to everyone, and the chief will be sympathetic. No harm in trying.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would not tell anyone you are sending money, and paying her bills. Would you do the same with an American women ? what do think this looks like, looks like you buying a wife.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Actually, it can also be looked at in just the opposite way. It can show that you are financially supporting your spouse, not buy him/her. Don't forget, finance is also a big issue since the state does not want to be supporting the immigrant in the future.

I would not tell anyone you are sending money, and paying her bills. Would you do the same with an American women ? what do think this looks like, looks like you buying a wife.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Is that really a way forward? I think its a dangerous game to ask to meet the head. I know it sucks, I can feel the pain, but I am sure getting married and filing a CR is a better way forward.

Of course it is a way forward, unless you want to potentially add another year to being apart while doing nothing to fight the decision.

Asking for clarification, a reason the refusal and for a review is not a dangerous game, it is them playing a game with the OP's relationship and time.

Being complacent is not the answer. Trying harder can bring a turn around, of course not always but definitely sometimes.

It is also a good tool to document how obnoxious the CO was.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline

If the relationship is real in their eyes you get married and re-file since

ppl don't give up on real relationships, get married & go home, file spousal

petition while you get all your evidence together, that will be quicker.

a former short-term relationship you were in involved USCIS have help to

cloud things

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel so many "legal visas are denied," or given many problems by the CO's, as T Bone as stated, as it appears one of our moderators was severely, "hosed" I would demand to see the consulate person, in person, and sit there until they see you!

Hold your ground, I think you to be legit, for sure.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel so many "legal visas are denied," or given many problems by the CO's, as T Bone as stated, as it appears one of our moderators was severely, "hosed" I would demand to see the consulate person, in person, and sit there until they see you!

Hold your ground, I think you to be legit, for sure.

yep - the ones that are fake seems to slide by

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

I will move forward with fighting the CO's initial decision. I have printed All of our Facebook interactions (using the see friendship option) that resulted in over 40 pages with pictures and friends and family commenting on our pictures and comments we left each other. This goes back to 2012 when our relationship first started.

I also made copies of all sides of the greeting cards I gave my fiancee. In addition, I was able to get copies of all the receipts for the apartments that I rented during my prior trips. I also contacted the realtor that I leased an apartment from in the US and asked them to email me the copy of the lease, which has both of our names. They will send it to me early tomorrow morning. This shows we had preparations to live together in the US prior to the interview.

I am also trying to get at least 5 signed affidavits from family members advising the US government that we have a bona fide relationship.

I will going to the Consulate section first amd ask to speak with the Chief. If I am uncunsuccessful there, I will work my way to the USC section and go from there. I will call my Senator tomorrow morning prior to heading to the Embassy to see if they can call ahead of my visit tomorrow.

I will also print the emailed response the Embassy sent me advising that I may provide additional evidence for the CO to review and bring that with me.

I will try my hardest to have our petition reviewed. I am not scared about being threatened with jail or fines, as I am confident we can prove our relationship is real. I do hope they lock us in thr investigation room for 200 questions, as I'm more than confident we'll pass with flying colors. I also printed pictures with all of her family that we've taken over the last few days that we've been together.

I am not concerned about the money, as I have sent money many times for my fiancee's schooling, for food, clothing, and basic necessities. She does not work and her family does not have a great deal of resources. I support her for about 90% of what she needs. I have even sent money to help out the household at times.

If they refuse to see me, decline the case, or put us under administrative processing, we will simply get married and file a new petition with additional evience. That's what I've planned thus far after having reviewed all options.

I greatly appreciate everyone's support and feedback. Please let me know if you all have any additional ideas or information that may be of help. I'll be providing an update so that you all know what happens after tomorrow. Thank you.

Timeline

I will move forward with fighting the CO's initial decision. I have printed All of our Facebook interactions (using the see friendship option) that resulted in over 40 pages with pictures and friends and family commenting on our pictures and comments we left each other. This goes back to 2012 when our relationship first started.

I also made copies of all sides of the greeting cards I gave my fiancee. In addition, I was able to get copies of all the receipts for the apartments that I rented during my prior trips. I also contacted the realtor that I leased an apartment from in the US and asked them to email me the copy of the lease, which has both of our names. They will send it to me early tomorrow morning. This shows we had preparations to live together in the US prior to the interview.

I am also trying to get at least 5 signed affidavits from family members advising the US government that we have a bona fide relationship.

I will going to the Consulate section first amd ask to speak with the Chief. If I am uncunsuccessful there, I will work my way to the USC section and go from there. I will call my Senator tomorrow morning prior to heading to the Embassy to see if they can call ahead of my visit tomorrow.

I will also print the emailed response the Embassy sent me advising that I may provide additional evidence for the CO to review and bring that with me.

I will try my hardest to have our petition reviewed. I am not scared about being threatened with jail or fines, as I am confident we can prove our relationship is real. I do hope they lock us in thr investigation room for 200 questions, as I'm more than confident we'll pass with flying colors. I also printed pictures with all of her family that we've taken over the last few days that we've been together.

I am not concerned about the money, as I have sent money many times for my fiancee's schooling, for food, clothing, and basic necessities. She does not work and her family does not have a great deal of resources. I support her for about 90% of what she needs. I have even sent money to help out the household at times.

If they refuse to see me, decline the case, or put us under administrative processing, we will simply get married and file a new petition with additional evience. That's what I've planned thus far after having reviewed all options.

I greatly appreciate everyone's support and feedback. Please let me know if you all have any additional ideas or information that may be of help. I'll be providing an update so that you all know what happens after tomorrow. Thank you.

Sounds like you have gained confidence in your resolve and that is good.

If they do put you in AP I would wait it out a couple months before getting married because whatever evidence you bring in may need to be reviewed in a certain amount of weeks/months and may not happen immediately. I think SD has a pattern of a few months of AP in cases like this, allthough every case is

very different, a pattern usually emerges for certain embassies, check your embassy's reviews.

It could come down to 3 months of AP for example and that would be better than starting over and waiting an additional 9-12 months for NOA2,

spousal petitions are processing at a snails pace currently. Remember that even though you marry and file a CR1 you can still end up in AP, marrying

does not automatically overcome AP, you have to overcome their doubts and convince them.

I am glad to hear you are printing the email and taking it with you, play dumb and say you are here to do as requested in the mail and that is to

bring more evidence for the CO to review.....a matter of fact attitude may get you face time.....just insist on speaking to the CO and/or chief consul.

Let us know how it went, best wishes, go get 'em and bring your woman home.

No one can understand this unless they have done it and fought for an approval. I feel ya !

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Update:

I managed to gather 6 notarized affidavits, receipts of all the apartments that were rented along with pictures of them, links to all the albums of photos that we have on my Picassa account with over 4,000 pictures that we've taken on vacation and shared over whatsapp, all our facebook convos, all our fb printouts, our fb logon credentials for both of us, our 2 photo albums, copies and original greeting cards I've provided, pictures over the last few days spending time with family, friends, and each other, and pictures of our 2 year anniversary dinner from a few days ago. I was able to get the copy of the lease from the US apt I rented with both our names on it. At this point, there's very little else to provide.

I went to the Consulate section at about 3pm since it took me so much time to do everything and provided the email copy to the ladies by the Domex window. They reviewed it and in the end said I should get married and that I can either email or mail the info but they couldnt let me in. I advised that it's my right as a US Citizen to enter the US Embassy and speak with a US citizen. They advised I could go to the main embassy entrance. I gave up on them, as they simply were not looking to help and were treating me as a "typical applicant rying to fight the decision," as opposed to a USC trying to escalate the issue and speak to the Chief.

I went to the Embassy entrance and the security officer listened attentively, said that I do have my right to enter as a USC, took my US Passport, and after some 20 minutes, I saw another gentleman (I'm assuming here about what I saw through the tinted glass) come in to the Security Officer's desk, look at my passport, review what looked to be VERY similar to the package that the CO had when I was at the CO window, and after some 10 minutes of this, the SO called me and told me that I should come back tomorrow morning and that I should be let in, as I am a USC, but that ththe Consulate sectuon was closed (it was 5 to 4). He says he cant do anything directly because that's not his area. He provided me with the embassy phone number. I left and called the number.

I spoke with the operator and advised her of the situation, that I was denied my right to speak to the Chief CO. She said consulate cases have nothing to do with the US Citizen and advised me to call and email. I advised I did and that I was emailed that I can bring in the information for review, and asked her if I don't have my right to speak to the US Embassy as a USC regsrding my treatment at the embassy. She then told me to come to the Consulate section tomorrow morning, as they're open from 8am to 4pm and that I can speak to the USC area (something along those lines).

I am going to come back in tomorrow at 8am with all the evidence and my fingers crossed. Wish us luck!

Timeline

Has your senator requested another interview/review also ?

Spoiler

I emailed the senator on Friday and tried calling twice today but was unsuccessful in getting through to him. If I'm not succesful in getting in tomorrow morning, I'll try and have the Senator ask for our petition to be reviewed a second time with our current, additional evidence.

Timeline

I emailed the senator on Friday and tried calling twice today but was unsuccessful in getting through to him. If I'm not succesful in getting in tomorrow morning, I'll try and have the Senator ask for our petition to be reviewed a second time with our current, additional evidence.

Fill out the online privacy form on the senator's web site or fax it to them to save you time before they can assist you.

A senator usually has several offices in different cities, you may want to try another, more responsive office.

Spoiler

Filed: Timeline

I am unclear whether the problem was with beneficiary not speaking English, your past immigration case (you had another person sponsored - same country?), or your too much evidence - 200 pictures, (bi)monthly money remittances.

Yeah, these all are huge red flags...

Anyway, good luck to the OP.

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.