Cmptrsdeal

Philippines Nursing License for CGFNS...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife's nursing license is expired in the Philippines. Should she get that renewed before she processes her paperwork through CGFNS or does it really matter if it's expired or not?

She doesn't want to pay the $380 yet if it's going to be delayed due to her license being expired... Any advice would greatly be appreciated! Thnx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would keep it current.

If she wants to sit for NCLEX in USA some states require her current license be current and will want verification from PRC, and some states that require will also take a waiver.

CGNFS? IS that the test or the credential evalution thru CGNFS.

Only a very few states still want CGNFS test.

Did you check with your state nursing board where she plans on applying?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question. My wife says she's sending her medical school records to her mom and her mom will take them to her University and she says they'll stamp and seal them and then her mom can take it to get it sent here using DHL, but I asked. It says they have to be sent DIRECTLY by the school. Her response was, it'll be addressed from her school to CGFNS but her mom will take it to get mailed. Her school is Surigao Education Center. College of Nursing. We live in Columbus, OH. Will we run into any complications? Thank you for any and all help!

CGFNS states:

I live in the United States. Do I have to get the forms sealed or stamped from the school I went to in another country or can I just gather all the documents I have, translate them and send them to you?

We cannot accept transcripts, even sealed ones, sent in the mail from you. Please ask your school to send them directly to CGFNS at 3600 Market Street, Suite 400, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2651 USA. We can only accept official documents from the issuing source.

Any advice??

Timeline

She needs the school to stamp the back of the envelope with their school seal.

It should be fine for her to send to CGNFS via DHL or Fed Ex, If they sent it from school to CGNFS via postoffice it may never make it or take many months.

I recently did this for my fiancé credential Evaluation of her transcripts for the Texas Board of Nursing, We also had to go to PRC and have a verification of License sent to the evalution service (we used DHL). We were able to choose btw CGNSF, ERES. IERF.

ERES was the cheapest and fastest....

My wife chose CGFNS.and she is done with everything even in PRC. well we're just waiting for her visa and she will take NCLEX here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly..contact the States Board of Nursing...they will tell you exactly what they require

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

My wife chose CGFNS.and she is done with everything even in PRC. well we're just waiting for her visa and she will take NCLEX here.

We did like you are doing. I had my fiancé get all her paperwork/transcripts sent from her school and PRC to Credential Evaluation service and she sent it via DHL.

She is her now and she has gotten her ATT for NCLEX. So now she is in study mode....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Similar threads merged.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

My wife's nursing license is expired in the Philippines. Should she get that renewed before she processes her paperwork through CGFNS or does it really matter if it's expired or not?She doesn't want to pay the $380 yet if it's going to be delayed due to her license being expired... Any advice would greatly be appreciated! Thnx

tell your wife not to declare in her application at CGFNS that she's a registered nurse in the Philippines. so she doesn't need to renew her PRC license. anyway she can take NCLEX even not declaring that she's a registered nurse in the Philippines.

Timeline

My wife's nursing license is expired in the Philippines. Should she get that renewed before she processes her paperwork through CGFNS or does it really matter if it's expired or not? She doesn't want to pay the $380 yet if it's going to be delayed due to her license being expired... Any advice would greatly be appreciated! Thnx

I doubt they charge $380 to renew, that would be 2 months salary for a nurse in Philippines, I can see it being 380 peso.

Timeline

tell your wife not to declare in her application at CGFNS that she's a registered nurse in the Philippines. so she doesn't need to renew her PRC license. anyway she can take NCLEX even not declaring that she's a registered nurse in the Philippines.

What is she going to do if the state requires Local License to sit for NCLEX?

I would always keep up a Professional License it took to long to earn it. I plan to move abroad in a few years, and I will keep up my professional License. Many cases if you don't renew it after so long you will loose it.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.