LC2016

Slightly Confused/ marital issues since CR1

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

ICE will do little or nothing. If she wishes to, she should set an InfoPass appointment, bring all the proof with her, and speak directly with the FDNS officer.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

ICE will do little or nothing. If she wishes to, she should set an InfoPass appointment, bring all the proof with her, and speak directly with the FDNS officer.

Really ?? I thought that ICE would get involved here since he is no longer at the address on file..Or did I miss something that he made an official address change with USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

ICE are not going to get involved because of that or anything else mentioned.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hey Guys thought I would give you guys an update you guys can read it here :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/536340-slightly-confused-marital-issues-since-cr1/

Since then I've been told and thanks to FB I've found out that the OW (other woman) is pregnant and that they've bought a vehicle and renting a house togather. I guess deep down I was still hoping in that my marriage could be salvagable but its obviously not. So during one of the many arguements that we had he said he wanted to be friends but stay married. Yeah my reaction was likd ####### are you talking about he said he cared and loved me and that he would be forever greatful for everything I've done for him. A week later he's going to text me do you want me to look for a lawyer or do you want me too. All in all guys I had already talked to a lawyer and since our marriage was never consummated, we have nothing that even proves that we're a couple, and he's obviously not impotent (sorry guys) my lawyer said that I could get my marriage annualed due to fraud with that being said he would be out of status and that USCIS would place an order of deportation on him. Obviously there are more steps in this process but he did say that becuase it would be an annualment due to fraud that he would be automatically barred from ever entering the country again.

I'm over the crying spells and yes it hurts like hell because I believed every lie that has ever came out of his mouth, but I've come to realize that I need to take care of me. I also have a great family and friends that has stuck by my side as I go through this whole process. I believe that God has a purpose in this whole situation and if it didn't work out its because he has something better. :)

Thanks for reading guys have a blessed night and if you have any questions or comments hit me up.

ob5fqt98.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Follow-up thread merged with this one.

[Moderator hat off]

OP: (F)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Guys thought I would give you guys an update you guys can read it here :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/536340-slightly-confused-marital-issues-since-cr1/

Since then I've been told and thanks to FB I've found out that the OW (other woman) is pregnant and that they've bought a vehicle and renting a house togather. I guess deep down I was still hoping in that my marriage could be salvagable but its obviously not. So during one of the many arguements that we had he said he wanted to be friends but stay married. Yeah my reaction was likd ####### are you talking about he said he cared and loved me and that he would be forever greatful for everything I've done for him. A week later he's going to text me do you want me to look for a lawyer or do you want me too. All in all guys I had already talked to a lawyer and since our marriage was never consummated, we have nothing that even proves that we're a couple, and he's obviously not impotent (sorry guys) my lawyer said that I could get my marriage annualed due to fraud with that being said he would be out of status and that USCIS would place an order of deportation on him. Obviously there are more steps in this process but he did say that becuase it would be an annualment due to fraud that he would be automatically barred from ever entering the country again.

I'm over the crying spells and yes it hurts like hell because I believed every lie that has ever came out of his mouth, but I've come to realize that I need to take care of me. I also have a great family and friends that has stuck by my side as I go through this whole process. I believe that God has a purpose in this whole situation and if it didn't work out its because he has something better. :)

Thanks for reading guys have a blessed night and if you have any questions or comments hit me up.

I am very sorry for what happened :crying: please act asap, kick him out of your country and your life.

Things like this really upset me!

I send you a big hug...I will be praying for you

:yes: you are strong, you are wonderful...have faith, this too shall pass.

Anna.

Timeline

my lawyer said that I could get my marriage annulled due to fraud with that being said he would be out of status and that USCIS would place an order of deportation on him. Obviously there are more steps in this process but he did say that because it would be an annulment due to fraud that he would be automatically barred from ever entering the country again.

Annulments are very difficult to get especially when you have been married for so long.

What evidence do you have that it was fraud?

Just wonder how you prove non consummation?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I am very sorry for what happened :crying: please act asap, kick him out of your country and your life.

Things like this really upset me!

I send you a big hug...I will be praying for you

:yes: you are strong, you are wonderful...have faith, this too shall pass.

Anna.

Thanks Anna! I've started the necessary paperwork for the withdrawal of petition and anualment and since he still has a year and half left before removing conditions I'm going to assume by then USCIS will have all the necessary paperwork needed for whatever they have to do.

I need all the prayers I can get and mostly I'm trusting God to handle the situation. :-)

ob5fqt98.png

Timeline

Withdrawal of petition? What do you men by that? He has his GC, nothing to withdraw.

Timeline

Withdrawal of petition? What do you men by that? He has his GC, nothing to withdraw.

He doesn't have his GC he has a CR1 which is a conditional resident meaning that he needs to be married to the USC that petitioned for him, and if there is an annualment or divorce depending on what the judge decides he'll be out of legal status here. Since my lawyer has said that there are alot of red flags in MY case then more than likely the judge will grant me an annulment meaning that there was never a marriage therefore he should have never been granted a visa.

Annulments are very difficult to get especially when you have been married for so long.

What evidence do you have that it was fraud?

Just wonder how you prove non consummation?

Actually we have only been married for 2 yrs this past Sunday.

ob5fqt98.png

Timeline

Annulments are a common discussion on this site, do let us know how your case proceeds.

:( good luck, M_A_M, and hang in there. You've been through a bunch of pain, but hopefully it's almost over.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

He doesn't have his GC he has a CR1 which is a conditional resident meaning that he needs to be married to the USC that petitioned for him, and if there is an annualment or divorce depending on what the judge decides he'll be out of legal status here. Since my lawyer has said that there are alot of red flags in MY case then more than likely the judge will grant me an annulment meaning that there was never a marriage therefore he should have never been granted a visa.

Actually we have only been married for 2 yrs this past Sunday.

Actually he doesn't need to be married to you and he has a green card. He just needs to prove he entered the marriage in good faith and apply for a divorce waiver to remove the conditions. However, given the circumstances, for him that may be hard to prove.

Best wishes.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.