Blacky79

Don't know where to start..:(...(merged)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

So any help would be much appreciated.. I've, Australian)been with my fiancé,(American), for 2 years now and we've been living in Thailand for approximately 18 months..now the kicker.. We found out she was 5 months pregnant 4 months ago , we've had the baby 3 days ago..:(). In Tennesee....the k1 visa seems like a long arduous option...are we better off getting married in a registry, what options do I have...we love each other and ultimately I want to live and work here to provide for them both..This is my third trip here and my visa is only for 3 months:( moving to Oz isn't really an option as I work in oil and gas and have been doing FIFO from Thailand...

Please any advice would help..

Does Thailand offer direct consulate filing? If not, could you potentially move somewhere together temporarily that does? Just a thought.

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Sorry but where do you guys want to live what is the exact question??? :)

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Timeline

Thanks for the replies...we want to live in America, we are staying at her mums in Tennessee while she heals up:(

But Texas or Louisiana seem like an option for my line of work...but there's no point looking without a work permit,etc etc...

What would happen if we got married in a registry...we're half an hour from Georgia...Tennesee has funny laws I heard, or she has family in Florida......

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Check your inbox I sent you a message

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

If you're circumstances have changed since entering the country I believe you can get married, stay and adjust your status. If you didn't arrive with the intention of getting married and adjusting, this is legal.

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey there, I've posted b4 and am a bit of a noob, I am Australian and have recently flown over to have our baby, with my American fiancé. Baby was born a month ago and we are staying with her mum ATM...They are very churchy and insisted we get married ASAP...(this was not part of the plan)...just wanting some advice on next steps, I've been sent some info on 130's etc...but don't know if my baby will help or hinder my application...my visa is up on the 11th of February and am shitting myself a bit...

Keen for a response Much love..

I didn't think it would be this difficult:(

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Firstly, marry because you want to, not because of others. Secondly, the baby does not help or hurt your application. You can stay and file AOS. Your wife needs to show ability to support your household (3 people I'm assuming) up to 125% of the poverty line. That would be $24,737 annually.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please don't make multiple threads for the same or similar topic.~~

~~Thread also moved to What visa Do I need, from K1 Process and Procedures. As they are exploring their options~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

No I understand about the marriage, we've been together for 2 years, we love each other dearly, just baby wasn't planned, I want to stay to help and support, it's just been hard with a newborn to plan anything..We've been in Thailand for 2 years and she had an income over there but not in the u.s, this is where my dilemma comes in. Sponsor..etc..I'm at a loss.:(

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please don't make multiple threads for the same or similar topic.~~

~~Thread also moved to What visa Do I need, from K1 Process and Procedures. As they are exploring their options~~

No I understand about the marriage, we've been together for 2 years, we love each other dearly, just baby wasn't planned, I want to stay to help and support, it's just been hard with a newborn to plan anything..We've been in Thailand for 2 years and she had an income over there but not in the u.s, this is where my dilemma comes in. Sponsor..etc..I'm at a loss.:(

I'm new to this......obviously.....sorry:(

I'm new to this......obviously.....sorry:(

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Then you would need a joint sponsor. Perhaps one of her parents if they're so keen on you being married? The AOS process should cost just under $2k including medical and any vaccinations needed. And hopefully she filed her taxes in the USA while abroad. No taxes=no AOS

Timeline

Yeah no taxes filed because we were traveling asia, and it was cash money.......so...Her brother said he would sponsor me, he has a buisness. And she filed one return here last year as I can recall but that was for the previous year to that..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.