15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Why do you need an I-864 for a K-1 visa?

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I ask him the same thing so I call USCIS and the lady told me dat because his daughter will be coming to states with him and I need to fill out I-864 because she considered as family

Mrs.Sharon D. CONNER- Lucas

Timeline

I ask him the same thing so I call USCIS and the lady told me dat because his daughter will be coming to states with him and I need to fill out I-864 because she considered as family

I thought that I-864 was for AOS

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Did they give you a new interview date?

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Sorry to hear that. It will work out. Just submit whatever forms they ask for.

event.png

22 DEC. 2013: Mailed I-129F package
24 DEC. 2013: Package delivered to Dallas Lockbox
30 DEC. 2013: Received text & email of NOA1
31 DEC. 2013: Alien Registration Number assigned

20 JUNE 2014: Received text & email of NOA2 (171 days from NOA1)
26 JUNE 2014: Received NOA2 hardcopy

27 JUNE 2014: En route to NVC
04 JULY 2014: NVC received

11 JULY 2014: Case # received via phone call

09 JULY 2014: US Consulate - Ghana received case

19 JULY 2014: Received hard copy letter from NVC of case sent to US Consulate - Ghana

30 JULY 2014: Fiance' received packet 3 from Ghana Embassy

04 AUGUST 2014: Completed Medical Exam

18 August 2014: Interview for Visa and APPROVED!!!!

20 August 2014: Will go back to Embassy to pick up Visa :dancing:

11 October 2014: POE Date

11 December 2014: Marriage Date

event.png

12/17/2014: Sent I-485, EAD & AP via Fed-Ex to Chicago Lockbox

12/19/2014: Received confirmation of delivery

12/26/2014: Received text messages & e-mails of official receipt notice from USCIS

1/02/2015: Received hard copy of Form I-797 (NOA1) in the mail

1/10/2015: Received letter for Biometrics appointment

1/20/2015: Biometrics taken

2/19/2015: A/P & EAD was approved

2/25/2015: A/P & EAD was mailed

2/28/2015: A/P & EAD received cards

3/27/2015: Received "potential waiver interview" letter

10/23/2015: I-485 was approved

10/29/2015: Received Green Card

Timeline

I thought the same u only do dat form wen u aos I call USCIS and a lady told me dey h e different types of I-864 form and she said the reason I hve to do one was because its considered to be family base because his bringing his daughter wit him to states

Mrs.Sharon D. CONNER- Lucas

Timeline

I think everyone that have been interview by this lady has been given a 221g my fiancé got two two AP second one I don't know why plus my petition is coming back to the state because it was out of the validation process his first interview was Oct 14, 2014 why she have him to come back seven weeks later knowing he would be over the petition process this lady have reject a lot of ppl for what reason idk. She had the nerve to tell my fiance he should go find someone younger he told her he don't want anyone younger he's happy with me remind you we have been together for five years now I have to wait on the letter from the embassy to see why because he took back everything he needed to on Dec 1. We have been threw something.

Timeline

I think everyone that have been interview by this lady has been given a 221g my fiancé got two two AP second one I don't know why plus my petition is coming back to the state because it was out of the validation process his first interview was Oct 14, 2014 why she have him to come back seven weeks later knowing he would be over the petition process this lady have reject a lot of ppl for what reason idk. She had the nerve to tell my fiance he should go find someone younger he told her he don't want anyone younger he's happy with me remind you we have been together for five years now I have to wait on the letter from the embassy to see why because he took back everything he needed to on Dec 1. We have been threw something.

First of all age has nothing to do with love!! They questioned him that way and you have been together for five years! I am older than my fiancé and that has never been a concern for either of us. I am sorry you and your fiancé had to go through a hard time. I hope everything gets straightened out for you both, and he can get his visa.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Timeline

First of all age has nothing to do with love!! They questioned him that way and you have been together for five years! I am older than my fiancé and that has never been a concern for either of us. I am sorry you and your fiancé had to go through a hard time. I hope everything gets straightened out for you both, and he can get his visa.

Thank you I said the same thing I just couldn't understand but I'm still praying and keeping the faith that everything will be okay. I was in a state of shock n he was to but God will allow us to continue to be happy with one another have you had your interview yet?

Timeline

It seem like this lady has a problem with age. I am older than my fiance but she did not make that statement to him but she did give him a temporary denial and said she would call him with the decision but if he have not heard anything by jan 15th to come back with the paper for his results. he felt like the interview went well and that he answered all her questions but she came back with these results. So, I guess we play the waiting game until jan 15th since there is nothing further for us to submit.

Timeline

It seem like this lady has a problem with age. I am older than my fiance but she did not make that statement to him but she did give him a temporary denial and said she would call him with the decision but if he have not heard anything by jan 15th to come back with the paper for his results. he felt like the interview went well and that he answered all her questions but she came back with these results. So, I guess we play the waiting game until jan 15th since there is nothing further for us to submit.

Same lady interviewed my finance. Gave her the 221-g and a new interview date. Reason stated was that she just needs more time to review our case. She stated we didn't have to bring anything additional the next time, just the interview paper and her passport. I am hearing this is typical to have to come back a second time. Anyone had experiences with two interviews? I know MissAdams had two and got a denial, and one other person from Ghana had two and then got an approval. Anyone know of any others?

Timeline

Reading all of these posts, I am feeling very lucky. My fiance had his first interview today and it was approved. She did ask a lot of odd questions (in my opinion) but luckily we had all of the paperwork and evidence there. I pray that you guys have better luck in your next interviews and that you get the visas asap! Love to you all! This process is so rough!

Timeline

Thank you I said the same thing I just couldn't understand but I'm still praying and keeping the faith that everything will be okay. I was in a state of shock n he was to but God will allow us to continue to be happy with one another have you had your interview yet?

I am closes to the 5 month mark and still waiting for my approval!! Hopefully he will get his interview in Feb.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.