CanuckStuck

Marital Breakdown - no longer going to Sponsor me.. Can't see my kids!!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I did?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

But the children are also Canadian. So who has jurisdiction here? Canada? The U.S.? Hague? It's kind of confusing. Wondering if the OP has seen his kids in the last 2 years, and depending on the age of the children I think that would be taken into consideration in a legal custody battle. It just seems like a very messy situation. Like many have said seeking legal advice is probably necessary :/

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

OP would have to file for custody and divorce in Canada seeing as that's where he has been a resident. She would then have I believe 30 days to answer the petition. He could also call the courthouse where she is locally living to find out if an ex parte divorce or de facto custody has even filed.

Your wife and kids didn't visit you in the 2 years?

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Have you even read what's going on?

Seemingly I am the only one who has.

My assumption is that there is a lot more going on and only the tip of the iceberg has been mentioned.

The only immigration question seems to relate to the potential of a work visa assuming he was just refused entry.

He is going to go for a TN.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Seemingly I am the only one who has.

My assumption is that there is a lot more going on and only the tip of the iceberg has been mentioned.

The only immigration question seems to relate to the potential of a work visa assuming he was just refused entry.

He is going to go for a TN.

I made that post hastily before I had read the whole thing. I changed my original post. Sorry :)

Timeline

I made that post hastily before I had read the whole thing. I changed my original post. Sorry :)

No problem. It got messy. Very messy.

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

TN may be get tricky since TN is non immigrant visa and having US citizen children may be construed by a border guard as immigrant intent.

I wanted to try to TN to work in the US for a few years but since my wife and son are US citizens I was told by friends that I may have issues getting a TN visa.

Timeline

That might depended on how old the children are.

Wife will it seems be an ex. I assume they ask the usual questions for a TN but may well be wrong.

Contact the department of Foreign Affairs, they have agents there to assist you 1-800-394-3472

Repeating myself, but the Canadian department of foreign affairs can guide you; whole team just for family situations like this one...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.