mwh710

Should I be concerned?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my NOA2 40 days ago, but no notification from NVC about it ever getting there or being passed to Manila. I would like the MNL# so my Fiance can proceed. It seems too long even for NVC. I have tried to call for #, but been put on hold for over 50 minutes with no one ever coming on line. Am I just being impatient?

Thanks in advance

Edited by mwh710

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There are many recent threads on this. Have you tried calling first thing when they open in the am. I had better luck then.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/525452-after-approval-case-got-lost/

http://www.visajourn...vc-stage/page-5

http://www.visajourn...525035-78-days/

http://www.visajourn...en-this-before/

http://www.visajourn...-after-24-days/

http://www.visajourn...ss-stage/page-4

Best of Luck!

Edited by LionessDeon

Lots of people, particularly from CSC, are having this issue at the moment. Try calling at 8am EST to get through quicker (I'm usually on hold for between 10-20 minutes at this time before getting through).

Good luck, I hope it's sorted soon! :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my NOA2 40 days ago, but no notification from NVC about it ever getting there or being passed to Manila. I would like the MNL# so my Fiance can proceed. It seems too long even for NVC. I have tried to call for #, but been put on hold for over 50 minutes with no one ever coming on line. Am I just being impatient?

Thanks in advance

You could probably be done with interview by now if you follow Hanks Guidelines

Don't wait for NVC letter, call around 7 am (USA time) and the wait is only a few minutes and get you MNL # and move on with interview scheduling and Medical and CFO.

Good Luck

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks in advance

NVC has been backed up for some time, but I would think at 40 days your case file would have arrived from USCIS.

Have you tried to email them (including the required information as noted in the link below) ?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

mwh710, on 05 Dec 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:mwh710, on 05 Dec 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

Thanks in advance

Best time to call:

Right after they open which is around 8:00pm Philippine time/ 7:00am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. I was always able to have the phone answered after the first ring if I called right at 7am.

From <http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/445368-calling-nvc/>

Checking on your embassy case number:

It will take 7 - 10 days business for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in there system and get the MNL # from USEM. Call 7:00am eastern time for shorter wait times K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700

1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

Website: www.immigrantvisas.state.govwww.immigrantvisas.state.gov

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov I highly recommend you email NVC for the MNL #, even if you call and get it, this will give you a correspondence from NVC with the MNL # for future reference. The email request for your MNL # is also a great way to track when your file is forwarded to USEM as NVC will not reply to the email until that time.

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

--- Use this site to check When your file ships from NVC to USEM: State Dept. visa tracking: https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I have done the eMail thing from Hanks site (NVCInquiry@state.gov) nothing from it. I am set for text message and email message on any progress - nothing. I am on the west coast, so, no I haven't tried at 4am (7am east coast). Even when I get the MNL# I still need to get the hard copy to send with I-134 package. Fiance is still waiting for Passport - 12/19 is appointment, already has done CFO Seminar - really just need # & paperwork to get Physical and Interview.

Timeline

I just got done talk to someone after being on hold for 1 hr 23 minutes. No, they still have nothing on my case, even though my I-797 approval was 11/3/14. He said it seemed a little long and said to call back in a week or so..... Really?

Timeline

Guy on the other end of the 1-603-334-0700 phone number had no record of a MNL#, all I could give him was my WAC approval # dated Nov 3rd. He just said call back in a week or 2 if I hadn't heard anything by then.

mwh710, on 06 Dec 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Guy on the other end of the 1-603-334-0700 phone number had no record of a MNL#, all I could give him was my WAC approval # dated Nov 3rd. He just said call back in a week or 2 if I hadn't heard anything by then.

If you arrive at a time that you can "just spit nails" then you may want to try contacting your Senator/Represnetative. It does work.

From <http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/505860-letter-to-the-representativesenator/>

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

On Monday 12/29, it will be 8 weeks since Our I-129F was approved. No notice of MNL#. I did get this:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have a record of receiving your petition. If U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approved your petition more than eight weeks ago, send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action -- Approval Notice. You can email the scan to nvcresearch@state.gov.

Please type your receipt number in the subject line of your email. If you have more than one petition, please send a separate email for each petition. We will contact USCIS on your behalf to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action. If it says USCIS retained your petition, or if it is any type of notice other than an approval, you should contact USCIS. You can reach them at 1-800-375-5283 or on their website at uscis.gov for more information.

Benjamin

National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
FCi Federal, Support Contractor

So, on Monday I will be sending an email, inquiring where the Case# is....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.