gracy_byron

what's form I-797? Im confuse

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-797 is NOA2 Approval Notice (DO NOT LOOSE THIS)

NOA2.jpg

I-797C is the receipt NOA1

NOA1.jpg

More forms can be seen in the VJ Gallery

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

gracy_byron,

I-797 (and I-797C) is a paper with a fancy background on which the USCIS prints the Notice of Action. NOAs come in many flavors, the most loved being Receipt Notice (aka NOA1) and Approval Notice (aka NOA2).

Yodrak

Hi guys, I'm wonderin what is this form about and where I can maybe take a view of it, any help will be very much appreciated

• 4 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
That is how long the K1 is valid for use.

I thought that was how long the approved petition was valid.

The validity date in this context is the validity of the I-129F petition. The consular official has the ability to extend the period of validity if they want to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Validity date refers to how long the USCIS approval is good for -HOWEVER - if that date is approaching for you, don't panic! Many embassies are familiar with the fact that processing times on their end get people past the validity date of the USCIS approval. For many embassies, extending that date is done automatically or requires just an email or letter for their records. If that date is approaching for anyone and you are nervous, check your regional forum here and confirm the process for your applicable embassy.

The approval is generally valid - on paper - for 4 months (I believe - but since we STILL don't have our damn paper copy, can't confirm - but that's what I recall reading here!).

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

gracy_brown,

That's one of the flavors of NOA that is not so well loved.

Yodrak

THANKS GUYS APPRECIATE YOUR HELP ON ENLIGHTENING ME WHAT ITS ABOUT, THEY SENT US AN RFE AND WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID THEY SENT AN I- 797 FORM

:lol: Yep, you got that right :yes:

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

The length of time you have to use it is what I meant...in that you have until the expiry date to enter the US. Maybe I was thinking of something else...in any case I apologise if I gave out wrong information. :)

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The length of time you have to use it is what I meant...in that you have until the expiry date to enter the US. Maybe I was thinking of something else...in any case I apologise if I gave out wrong information. :)

I think we're merging two dates in this one thread. There are too many expiration dates to keep straight!

The NOA2 validity date covers the time the USCIS approval is valid.

The K1 visa itself, issued by the State Department, has an expiration date as well - it can be used once to enter the US at any time between its issuance and 6 months later. Once IN the US, of course, you then have 90 days to get married.

The 3 dates - the NOA2 validity, the K1 expiration date, and that 90 day period to marry can all be different dates and quite likely are different dates. Once you have the K1 in hand, you need to worry about the K1's date. Then once you get to the US, don't worry about the K1 date, start counting to 90.

But again, to ease any fears out there: because the process take SO LONG frequently, the Embassies are totally aware that the USCIS validity date may come and go while you wait for them to schedule an interview. I haven't seen yet where extending that date is a problem.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I think we're merging two dates in this one thread. There are too many expiration dates to keep straight!

The K1 visa itself, issued by the State Department, has an expiration date as well - it can be used once to enter the US at any time between its issuance and 6 months later. Once IN the US, of course, you then have 90 days to get married.

The 3 dates - the NOA2 validity, the K1 expiration date, and that 90 day period to marry can all be different dates and quite likely are different dates. Once you have the K1 in hand, you need to worry about the K1's date. Then once you get to the US, don't worry about the K1 date, start counting to 90.

But again, to ease any fears out there: because the process take SO LONG frequently, the Embassies are totally aware that the USCIS validity date may come and go while you wait for them to schedule an interview. I haven't seen yet where extending that date is a problem.

Yep you're right...once I dug out our file (a good 8 inches thick if not more) I realised just how many expiry dates there are! Makes ya head spin! :wacko:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks, for the input. Seems like another needless stumbling block.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.