Chaera Aria

SLEC CULTURE TEST FOLLOW -UP (7weeks & 6days)

40 posts in this topic

Good Day. :)

Who tried having their interview date just 2days away from immunization?

I wanted to scheduled my interview 2days away from vaccination, is that possible???

I'm happy to say, I passed the sputum test!

my culture test result came back NEGATIVE!

THANK GOD! Me and my fiance were both crying and happy.

I emailed SLEC earlier, with prayers and hopes.

Finally got a good news!!!

Thank you in advance.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions and inquiry.

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Day. :)

Who tried having their interview date just 2days away from immunization?

I wanted to scheduled my interview 2days away from vaccination, is that possible???

I'm happy to say, I passed the sputum test!

my culture test result came back NEGATIVE!

THANK GOD! Me and my fiance were both crying and happy.

I emailed SLEC earlier, with prayers and hopes.

Finally got a good news!!!

Thank you in advance.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions and inquiry.

7 days after immunization is recommended. We think you might run into a problem if you try 2 days only.

Congrats!

Edited by luckytwo15

7 days after immunization is recommended. We think you might run into a problem if you try 2 days only.

Congrats!

Thank you so much.

I already got my interview date 5days from vaccine. :)

ROC Timeline:

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

Timeline

Hi! Are you done with your immunization? I just want to ask, we need to bring 2x2 pictures when we go back to slec right? Can we use the old pictures we gave them on the first day of our medical or we need new ones? My sputum culture will due on December 10th. Do you think they will give me the result on December 9th if I call them?

Hi! Are you done with your immunization? I just want to ask, we need to bring 2x2 pictures when we go back to slec right? Can we use the old pictures we gave them on the first day of our medical or we need new ones? My sputum culture will due on December 10th. Do you think they will give me the result on December 9th if I call them?

Yes i am done. better to email them when you plan to ask for your culture result before call time.

Yes i used my old photos, the same with what ive given them on the first day. :)

Good luck :)

ROC Timeline:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yes i am done. better to email them when you plan to ask for your culture result before call time.

Yes i used my old photos, the same with what ive given them on the first day. :)

Good luck :)

Hi Chaeradaria :)

Congrats with your Sputum results.

I just wanna ask, because i was diagnosed with Inactive TB few years ago and took medication for 2months. I don't feel any symptomps but I'm worried to undergo medical exam soon. I hope i will pass my medical and I won't need to undergo Sputum Culture.

Speaking as a doctor who practices here in the PHL, hopefully you should be okay. If you can, you should bring previous Xray plates, especially if you have one from after you completed the 2month treatment. If you have a medical certificate from the doctor/clinic/hospital stating that you completed treatment, that would be helpful as well.

Sana clear naman yung exam mo, kung naging positive yung X-ray or kung kailangan magpasuputum culture ka, it might be because nawaan ka with TB since your last treatment. In which case, pasaway yung situation, pero at least nakita sya and pwede gamutin aga. Pero sana clear ka and tapos ka sa lahat sa SLEC in one day. =)

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

Speaking as a doctor who practices here in the PHL, hopefully you should be okay. If you can, you should bring previous Xray plates, especially if you have one from after you completed the 2month treatment. If you have a medical certificate from the doctor/clinic/hospital stating that you completed treatment, that would be helpful as well.

Sana clear naman yung exam mo, kung naging positive yung X-ray or kung kailangan magpasuputum culture ka, it might be because nawaan ka with TB since your last treatment. In which case, pasaway yung situation, pero at least nakita sya and pwede gamutin aga. Pero sana clear ka and tapos ka sa lahat sa SLEC in one day. =)

Hi,

I read from the other post that some people who have went through sputum culture that they don't have symptoms at all but they were advised to take medications.

And this is what I'm trying to Avoid to not undergo sputum culture. I have my private pulmonologist, I haven't talked to my Doctor about this but do u have any suggestion as to what needs to be done as of this moment prior to my medical at SLEC?

Timeline

Hi,any suspicious mark on xray will mean culture for two months ,u dnt need to worry as long as you dnt have the symptoms it means nothing.An applicant will undergo culture based on the x ray findings.St lukes will accept your previous records frm your doctor(medical certificates and latest x-ray if u have ,so they can compare)thats if to be found out any suspicios mark.But it wont hinder you to undergo culture..best of luck.!!

Edited by brynz

Timeline

Hi,

I read from the other post that some people who have went through sputum culture that they don't have symptoms at all but they were advised to take medications.

And this is what I'm trying to Avoid to not undergo sputum culture. I have my private pulmonologist, I haven't talked to my Doctor about this but do u have any suggestion as to what needs to be done as of this moment prior to my medical at SLEC?

Oppss.those who undergo culture will have a 3 day collection on the 4th day is the pulmonary evaluation thats when the Dr will tell you if you are negative or positive.Only those who are positive will undergo treatment.Those who are negative will wait for the culture result for two months.If St luke will call earlier than the given date that would mean medication(culture turns positive) .You dnt need to worry since you dnt have symptoms at all.Relax,things will be fine.

Timeline

Hi,any suspicious mark on xray will mean culture for two months ,u dnt need to worry as long as you dnt have the symptoms it means nothing.An applicant will undergo culture based on the x ray findings.St lukes will accept your previous records frm your doctor(medical certificates and latest x-ray if u have ,so they can compare)thats if to be found out any suspicios mark.But it wont warrant you not to undergo culture..best of luck.!!

What brynz said.

Medications and having sputum culture are two separate things. Having the culture done doesn't necessarily mean you'll progress to the treatment phase.

Basically it goes like this:

1) Chest Xray, if clear you're good/done. If there's any suspicious findings (even if you're asymptomatic) you go to

2) Sputum, both rapid and culture. Rapid/initial is positive, you start treatment. If rapid is negative, you wait 2 months for the culture result. Meaning that they take the sputum collection and grow it in a medium that favors the growth of TB bacteria if present. It can take upto 6-8 weeks for TB to grow/appear. That's why if it show up at any time, you start treatment. If not, that's where you see people getting approved for immunizations after the cultures come back negative.

3) If any of the sputum collections show positive, then it's 6 months of DOTS (Directly Observed Treatment, Short-Course)

But back to your (M&L) question. You can have TB even if you aren't having any outward symptoms, especially in subclinical/early stages.

My suggestion is exactly what brynz said. Contact your pulmonologist. Get the details of your previous infection. Get previous Chest X-Ray plates, sputum tests, etc. Have him/her write out a medical abstract/certificate stating you previously had TB, but were given (and hopefully completed) a regimen of treatment. Post Treatment Xrays / sputum /PPD tests showing that it was fully treated would also be helpful in establishing your Past Medical History.

And pray that any lungs scars are fibrotic and are obviously so. Any question as to it possibly being an active case or a new spot showing when compared to your past post-treatment Xrays and you're at #2 above.

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Im currently doing my 3 day Sputum. It will be my 3rd day tomorrow. When I had my medical, the nurse didn't really explain to me well what was happening. The only thing she told me was, my x-ray was shady so I have to do this. I dont feel any symptoms nor have any histories of TB. I don't smoke either and has been to jobs that required a thorough medical exams so it shocked me :( Anyway, it is as it is and we just have to follow the process.

My concern though, since I am completely well, no cold or cough. I was having a hard time to cough and produce phleghms from the last 2 days, hopefully not tomorrow. My throat hurts already and having a bit of a headache because I was forcing myself to cough just so I can produce enough sputum. I was checking the container and I was able to produce, but it seems like there was stain of blood on it from my throat. Will it affect the test? Im trying to drink lots of water now to help me tomorrow :'(

It's really painful. Im just praying and hoping to get through this step.

Im currently doing my 3 day Sputum. It will be my 3rd day tomorrow. When I had my medical, the nurse didn't really explain to me well what was happening. The only thing she told me was, my x-ray was shady so I have to do this. I dont feel any symptoms nor have any histories of TB. I don't smoke either and has been to jobs that required a thorough medical exams so it shocked me :( Anyway, it is as it is and we just have to follow the process.

My concern though, since I am completely well, no cold or cough. I was having a hard time to cough and produce phleghms from the last 2 days, hopefully not tomorrow. My throat hurts already and having a bit of a headache because I was forcing myself to cough just so I can produce enough sputum. I was checking the container and I was able to produce, but it seems like there was stain of blood on it from my throat. Will it affect the test? Im trying to drink lots of water now to help me tomorrow :'(

It's really painful. Im just praying and hoping to get through this step.

The small amount of blood should not be a concern. The strain of TB that they are looking for will be in the cup whether there is blood or just saliva or both.

I know it's a trying time right now, but you just have go with the flow and think, many who have taken the test have come back negative and others who tested positive their life was saved.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.