Pinay1

Refusal Letter -- What to Do? [split topic]

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act

(a) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

Waivers of Ineligibility

If you are ineligible for a visa based on one or more of the laws listed in Section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you may be able to apply for a waiver. The visa category that you are applying for will determine whether a waiver of ineligibility is available. The consular officer interviewing you will tell you if you may apply for a waiver and will provide detailed instructions for how to apply.

Waivers of Ineligibility are contained in the following sections of law in the Immigration and Nationality Act:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

They told U and gave a paper for reason of denial

also and approval to file waiver/s if eligible, if

you have a life-time ban due to moral turpitude

which has no waiver they will inform U too

In case of lifetime bar U can after a while attempt a

D3 waiver for temp. visit, its discretionary & the CO

has to recommend it, most time if they do it gets

approved, however asking them to accept the waiver is

almost always denied, as the CO has to feel U wont

run off. So one has to overcome immigrate intent with

lots of ties shown in the home country....I read somewhere

4000 turned in annually with only 15% getting approved

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Thank you so much for all the replies.

1). I am categorize in the crimes of moral turpitude and need to file 601 waiver, my question is if i need to get a lawyer?

2). Btw my crime happened 25 yrs ago when i first visited U.S. as a tourist and shoplifted for a item worth $10, got caught and did community service. When i renewed for a B1/B2 i was questioned by consul here in manila and I provided police clearance from the U.S. and he gave me a waiver. My question is, why is this waiver different?

3). How long will a 601 waver take to be process? Does anyone have any suggestions and advise for me?

Thank you again so much to all and may our almighty Gob bless you all abundantly.

Pinay1, on 29 Nov 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:Pinay1, on 29 Nov 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Thank you so much for all the replies.

1). I am categorize in the crimes of moral turpitude and need to file 601 waiver, my question is if i need to get a lawyer?

2). Btw my crime happened 25 yrs ago when i first visited U.S. as a tourist and shoplifted for a item worth $10, got caught and did community service. When i renewed for a B1/B2 i was questioned by consul here in manila and I provided police clearance from the U.S. and he gave me a waiver. My question is, why is this waiver different?

3). How long will a 601 waver take to be process? Does anyone have any suggestions and advise for me?

Thank you again so much to all and may our almighty Gob bless you all abundantly.

The first question here, and someone else also asked it but you did not answer so I'll ask again: Did the interview CO explain to you that you are eligible to file for a 601 waiver? This is an important question and will give us more information as to your next steps.

Based on how I think you answer the above question, you will not need a lawyer as you will follow the instructions to the form as they are pretty much self explanatory.

See the 601 form instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-601

Also, review the flowchart from #2.

IMHO, I think with the cost of the item that was stolen as well as that your mistake was done 25 years ago...you should be able to get through this. Remember, your mileage may verify.

The process can take 6-9 months maybe more.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.