Thomas&Cleofe

Riot Police at US Embassy today

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Huge protest crowds outside US embassy in Manila today, calling for justice for 58 people slaughtered in the "Massacre of Maguindanao".

5 years later intense government corruption keeps this story alive....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I saw a good riot on 10/22 regarding Pemberton and the gay that killed himself. We were leaving USEM around 11 am, and noticed a lot of PNP movement and saw about 4 camera man. About 1 minute later there was a lot of protestors and PNP in front of USEM had there riot gear and riot shield out in full force, it was good times.

Huge protest crowds outside US embassy in Manila today, calling for justice for 58 people slaughtered in the "Massacre of Maguindanao".

5 years later intense government corruption keeps this story alive....

Why would they riot at the US Embassy and not somewhere near the Malacanang Palace or Mendiola instead?

I saw a good riot on 10/22 regarding Pemberton and the gay that killed himself. We were leaving USEM around 11 am, and noticed a lot of PNP movement and saw about 4 camera man. About 1 minute later there was a lot of protestors and PNP in front of USEM had there riot gear and riot shield out in full force, it was good times.

Annoying rioters who are only using this case to get noticed. <_<

Why would they riot at the US Embassy and not somewhere near the Malacanang Palace or Mendiola instead?

Those are usually the far left protesters like Bayan who hate anything that has to do with the US. So they try to blame anything on them. Those are the same protesters who blame the USA for violating Philippine sovereignty, but also the same ones that are eerily silent when anything happens with China. Hmmmm it gets you to thinking..

Timeline

It's absolutely apparent you have no idea what this case is about or what happened.

It's absolutely apparent you have no idea what this case is about or what happened.

Hence the question I posted.. Why? I cant connect the Maguindanao Massacre to anything about the United States so I'm confused why they would protest at the embassy. The Pemberton/Laude case, that makes sense. Not the first one though.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hence the question I posted.. Why? I cant connect the Maguindanao Massacre to anything about the United States so I'm confused why they would protest at the embassy. The Pemberton/Laude case, that makes sense. Not the first one though.

I am with you, I don't see what it has to do with the embassy, except the protesters figure they will get more media if they do it at the embassy - just want to get their mugs on camera.

Behind the Philippines' Maguindanao Massacre

Even for a country long hardened to election violence, the massacre of at least 57 defenseless civilians on the main southern island of Mindanao, many of them relatives and supporters of a local politician and a large group of journalists, sets a new low. This troubled corner of the Philippines usually makes headlines for its long-running Muslim separatist rebellion. But the killings starkly exposed a nationwide malaise: the fierce competition for regional power among the country's small élite of a few hundred families and clans that control an inordinate amount of the national wealth — and the desperate lengths some will go to protect their hold on power.

The prime suspect behind the massacre, who was taken into custody, is a member of one of Mindanao's leading Muslim political clans: the Ampatuans.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Actually, I was more offended by the "annoying rioters" comment

Are you aware, that as a US citizen under our Forefather's Constitution, " it is your civil duty to rise up and protest against a corrupt government".

People want to keep their civil rights, but have no interest in defending them.

George Washington said, "Here are your civil liberties if you are able to keep them".

Timeline

... they are annoying. Nothing more.

What has U.S. civil liberties and George Washington to do with the Philippines, let alone an event that happened on Mindanao?

Now corrupt government.. in the Philippines... hmm

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

... they are annoying. Nothing more.

What has U.S. civil liberties and George Washington to do with the Philippines, let alone an event that happened on Mindanao?

Now corrupt government.. in the Philippines... hmm

You say they are annoying because you have never lifted 1 finger to protect your rights. You have no courage to fight for freedom.

You have lost more freedoms than you will ever know because you have no desire to be free.

Timeline

You say they are annoying because you have never lifted 1 finger to protect your rights. You have no courage to fight for freedom.

You have lost more freedoms than you will ever know because you have no desire to be free.

Really? And you know this how? Do we have a troll in our midst?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Really? And you know this how? Do we have a troll in our midst?

I am not a troll, I have been on this site for years, and I have been reading your comments for years....

You feel free...??? No need to fight for your freedom?

Are you aware that under Your so called Federal Government has a provision under "the Patriot Act" that states you and or any member of your family can

be detained and incarcerated for any period of time deemed necessary without cause. How free do you feel now?

And you pay those employees for that great service. Good job. Why would you give your hard earned money to a

bankrupt corporate entity? Ever heard of taxation without representation?

I know laws, I know the constitution, I know the bill of rights...........read up sometime and realize what your government doesn't want you to know.

Timeline

I tell you what... if you think the USA is so terrible... stay in the Philippines. Not sure why you are chasing a visa to come to a country you apparently dislike.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I tell you what... if you think the USA is so terrible... stay in the Philippines. Not sure why you are chasing a visa to come to a country you apparently dislike.

awwwww......if you choose to be an ignorant slave to your fascist government, well then that's fine. But I don't ever want to hear you judge a group of

people who bravely fight for justice.

By-the-way, I possess sovereign state citizenship, I have no need to "chase" any sort of visa.

You are showing your ignorance on two fronts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.