TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

congrat.... bro, im in AP from last 4 months ,, still waiting ,,, how long took your whole process since interview ,,, ?? im also K1 visa .... but my fiancee USC ,,,i think that is red flag , :(

Thanks bro! 4 months is nothing compared to some of the people on here including myself. My fiance was in AP from Feb 2014, till now. It's not over till she get's her visa in hand. Also, your fiance being a USC is how you are eligible for a K1 visa so it's not a red flag. AP could be a variety of reasons. No one can pinpoint exactly why you are in AP unless the embassy specifically asks you for something like proof, documentation, etc. Have faith and be strong brother! It will be over eventually.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Final decision? does it mean that they will approve or refuse it? any worries about final decison?

It does mean that your AP is ending. They are about to make a final decision on if you will get your visa. You should hear from the embassy soon.

Edited by mkala

Timeline

Final decision? does it mean that they will approve or refuse it? any worries about final decison?

I do not know the details of your case to say if you will get the visa or not. If you had a good interview and they didn't ask for additional documents or send someone out to your neighbors or home then there is hope you will get your visa.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They refuse is super rare. Because they cannot say no to a spouse visa, that's why they put people in AP. So hopefully you will get your visa soon. Keep checking the status.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply.

My interview was good and smooth, it took 4 mins. I had all evidences of our relationship but The CO didnot ask any of these evidence and she was very nice to me, at the end of the interview she said. everything is perfect but your case must go through AP. and gave me 221G white paper. she didnot ask me to summit documents or anything. Thats it.

I do not know the details of your case to say if you will get the visa or not. If you had a good interview and they didn't ask for additional documents or send someone out to your neighbors or home then there is hope you will get your visa.

Timeline

InshaAllah, they will issue the visa soon. :)

They refuse is super rare. Because they cannot say no to a spouse visa, that's why they put people in AP. So hopefully you will get your visa soon. Keep checking the status.

Timeline

Hello everyone. I have been away from this forum for a long time. Have come back pleasantly surprised to see so many people have cleared this AP hole. Congrats to everyone. For those still stuck in it like my wife, i wish everyone good luck and an expeditious approval of their respective visas.

I just need some info from the people who recently had their fingerprints etc. my wife has now been in AP for 3.5 yrs. recently some activity on the case in terms of updates.

Would just like to inquire the timeline if some could please share (preferably cr1) category, and maybe sarahch if she is reading it, as to how long it generally takes from the time u do your medical to the day u go for fingerprints. Also which doctor can anyone recommend in karachi who is good and easy to get an appointment of. How long does it tske for them to issue the medical report?

Whats the process after you get your report? You submit ds260 online and just email the confirmation barcode to the embassy? Do you do this before you mail the medical and pictures to them or after? Do you send the documents via amex courier?

How long does it take to deliver the docs to the embassy? And then approximately after how long do you receive a call to schedule fingerprints? This schedule is usually how far out?

And lastly please advise what happens on the day of the fingerprints. R u supposed to again take all your docs including evidence etc and originals with u? Do they ask or interview on that day? Or is it just oath n fingerprints? What time r u usually asked to come to the embassy and typically how long does the process at the embassy take before you r out and ready to head home?

Im sorry for asking so mich but a good post here or in my inbox would really help me. Thank you so much in advance for this.

Regards.

Timeline

Thank u for the congratulations! it took my hubby one month from medical to the day he went for fingerprints, they gave him the medical after two days and he submitted the same day, after that it took the embassy 3 weeks to schedule him to come in but this is because Eid holidays came in and the embassy was closed for 3 days so it all depends. they can call sooner or later. U have to pick the doctor that is approved by the embassy in the list they provide on the embassy website, I dont know much about karachi because my husband got his medical done in islamabad.

It takes 2-3 days to issue medical report, After you get the report , you submit that and two photos and the cofirmation page of the ds260 to the american express office and they forward it to the embassy, in our case i did both, i submitted the barcode via email and print out. i would submit the barcode as soon as the medical is ready thats what we did. Yes we send the documents via amex courier.

It takes one day for the documents to get delivered to the embassy and then few more days to enter it in their system. Some people get called within a week after submitting everything, we had to wait 3 weeks due to eid holidays.

on the day of the fingerprints, you take your id card with you or passport if the embassy does not have it, it is a 5 mins procedure, the embassy staff tells you if your case is approved or still in AP. you do not have to take picture or more evidence, when they call you they will tell you if they need anything else. but it is just fingerprint procedure. It is just oath and fingerprints. They ask to come in from 10 until 12pm, anytime between this time, they asked my hubby to come at 10. The whole process at the embassy takes 5 mins if there is not a lot of people. it goes quick.

No need to apologize, feel free to ask anytime :) best of luck! you can look at my timeline in my signature on all the updates i got and what the time frame was.

Hello everyone. I have been away from this forum for a long time. Have come back pleasantly surprised to see so many people have cleared this AP hole. Congrats to everyone. For those still stuck in it like my wife, i wish everyone good luck and an expeditious approval of their respective visas.

I just need some info from the people who recently had their fingerprints etc. my wife has now been in AP for 3.5 yrs. recently some activity on the case in terms of updates.

Would just like to inquire the timeline if some could please share (preferably cr1) category, and maybe sarahch if she is reading it, as to how long it generally takes from the time u do your medical to the day u go for fingerprints. Also which doctor can anyone recommend in karachi who is good and easy to get an appointment of. How long does it tske for them to issue the medical report?

Whats the process after you get your report? You submit ds260 online and just email the confirmation barcode to the embassy? Do you do this before you mail the medical and pictures to them or after? Do you send the documents via amex courier?

How long does it take to deliver the docs to the embassy? And then approximately after how long do you receive a call to schedule fingerprints? This schedule is usually how far out?

And lastly please advise what happens on the day of the fingerprints. R u supposed to again take all your docs including evidence etc and originals with u? Do they ask or interview on that day? Or is it just oath n fingerprints? What time r u usually asked to come to the embassy and typically how long does the process at the embassy take before you r out and ready to head home?

Im sorry for asking so mich but a good post here or in my inbox would really help me. Thank you so much in advance for this.

Regards.

Edited by sarahch

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Timeline

Salam/hello everyone,

finally got issued !!

I have been a silent reader almost since one year I wanna share my story with you guys,

my case was simple but at the same time Very very stress full.after almost one year of my marriage I had my interview in Oct 2014 my husband were with my at interview after hardly 5 mins co handed over green 221g and asured us your case is clear you wil get your visa soon and kept my Pasport now the black hole administrative processing begins:(

till 6 months there were no reply no updates after this they starTed replying our emails and my case updated only when I got again and again same standard ap reply on 9th month I requested my passport back me n my hubby went on vacation and I submitted my Pasport back without their request than again no response we contacted senator.and.congressmen they always get the same standard reply they cant help in ap I guess than after 10.5 months first time case updated by own and consecutively update 4 days 5th day no.update than on 6th day 1 Oct they call me to send them fresh mediecal and said your documents going to be expire on 20th Oct if you'll send us medical before 20th than you dont have to come for fingerprints and interview I said ok I sent them.medical on 3rd Oct they didnt updated when.they received It I always call on.ustravel docs Num Tu confirm if Embasy receive my Doc or.not so after sending medical no.update we ask help from.congressmen for.this.silence than he told us on 15 your.visa got approved.you will get upadate.soom than we got update 2updates 15,16 and than 17,18 was weekend and.on 19th Oct got issued got my after that tracked my Pasport on.ustravledocs website on 21 it was ready to pick up I.got email too the same day and picked up my Pasport on 21 Oct..yeyyyyyyy going In a week or two rally happy to live with my hubby finally

I will always pray for all those.who.stuck.in ap to get issued inshaALLAH have hope and faith you will hear a good news soon...

it was really really a hard time

Timeline

Sometimes I got really sad how newly weds stay together live together and iam.apart from him they ruined my two years or marriage.. But I think everything happens for a reason ALLAH has better plans for you in these two.years me and my husband get more Close to eachother.. He visited me 4,5 time and that was the best time too but when he leaves I literally got depressed ALHAMDULILLAH finally my visa in hand hubby is looking for for ticket...dont be sad guys as far as I know almost in one year they issued visas msotly ... 90% ap ends after 12,14 months

Timeline

Congtrats.

Also My case has been in AP three months. even they didnot update a whole month. they started uptades after 2 months and 7 days. they continously updates 4 consecative days. last time was 22 oct. I hope this updates will make the status to USUED soon.

Salam/hello everyone,
finally got issued !!
I have been a silent reader almost since one year I wanna share my story with you guys,
my case was simple but at the same time Very very stress full.after almost one year of my marriage I had my interview in Oct 2014 my husband were with my at interview after hardly 5 mins co handed over green 221g and asured us your case is clear you wil get your visa soon and kept my Pasport now the black hole administrative processing begins:(

till 6 months there were no reply no updates after this they starTed replying our emails and my case updated only when I got again and again same standard ap reply on 9th month I requested my passport back me n my hubby went on vacation and I submitted my Pasport back without their request than again no response we contacted senator.and.congressmen they always get the same standard reply they cant help in ap I guess than after 10.5 months first time case updated by own and consecutively update 4 days 5th day no.update than on 6th day 1 Oct they call me to send them fresh mediecal and said your documents going to be expire on 20th Oct if you'll send us medical before 20th than you dont have to come for fingerprints and interview I said ok I sent them.medical on 3rd Oct they didnt updated when.they received It I always call on.ustravel docs Num Tu confirm if Embasy receive my Doc or.not so after sending medical no.update we ask help from.congressmen for.this.silence than he told us on 15 your.visa got approved.you will get upadate.soom than we got update 2updates 15,16 and than 17,18 was weekend and.on 19th Oct got issued got my after that tracked my Pasport on.ustravledocs website on 21 it was ready to pick up I.got email too the same day and picked up my Pasport on 21 Oct..yeyyyyyyy going In a week or two rally happy to live with my hubby finally
I will always pray for all those.who.stuck.in ap to get issued inshaALLAH have hope and faith you will hear a good news soon...
it was really really a hard time

Timeline

Salam/hello everyone,

finally got issued !!

my case was simple but at the same time

Congratulations on getting your visa. I am also happy that your husband was able to visit you so many times. I had not seen my husband for 2 years when his visa was issued.

Timeline

Salam/hello everyone,

finally got issued !!

my case was simple but at the same time

congratulations!

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.