TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, my husband's interview was June 9. They didn't say approved (they gave him a white 221g form), but they did say to follow up if we don't hear anything by the end of July. You weren't given a form, were you?

My husbands interview was July 19th and they didn't say if he was approved either but they also didn't give him a white slip. CO told him that he will get a call within a month to pick up his passport. I hope they stick to their word and its only a month wait. The wait is already dreading enough from the process itself. Now we have to wait some more after the interview. It just feels like we just got left off where we started from.

after 2.5 months my case update

anyone get update ??

okay sister ...thanks you soo much for your great suggestion ....i really appreciate for understanding me

In my opinion it would be a big mistake to get married now without waiting to see what happens with your K-1. You would have to get married and file a new petition the I-130 with proof of the marriage then wait 5 or 6 months for that petition to be approved. After that you send more documents to NVC and that is another wait for them to process your case and send it to the embassy. There is another long wait until you get an interview date and then the embassy can put your case right back in AP for years if they want. I know it is very hard to wait but getting married is not the answer to your problems.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any updates?

nah not yet. i am waiting for them.

but i guess the wait is quite long.

after reading all the Comments and ppl's reviews about AP.

i am sure the officer, they dont keep their words. they just give us a Hope so that we may leave the embassy and then get cursed with the AP thing.

Timeline

nah not yet. i am waiting for them.

but i guess the wait is quite long.

after reading all the Comments and ppl's reviews about AP.

i am sure the officer, they dont keep their words. they just give us a Hope so that we may leave the embassy and then get cursed with the AP thing.

Did you email the embassy about your case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We received an update to ISSUED today!!! We are ecstatic! Could anyone tell us what to expect next and what the ETA is on having the visa in hand?

Thinking of all of you who are still showing AP and sending prayers your way.

Timeline

Did you email the embassy about your case?

no. there is no use of emailing them.

they always give standard repy's that the case is under AP.

sick of reading the same answer everytime.

We received an update to ISSUED today!!! We are ecstatic! Could anyone tell us what to expect next and what the ETA is on having the visa in hand?

oh wow... congratulations... so happy for you. its good that someone got the Visa on the given time period.

it will not take more than 3 days and you will have your Visa in Hand.

keep us in your prayers and congratulations once again :)

Timeline

Mashallah congratulations!! Edited by PAhopefulDNP

Timeline

no. there is no use of emailing them.

they always give standard repy's that the case is under AP.

sick of reading the same answer everytime.

oh wow... congratulations... so happy for you. its good that someone got the Visa on the given time period.

it will not take more than 3 days and you will have your Visa in Hand.

keep us in your prayers and congratulations once again :)

Yeah sick of getting the same answer too. When was your interview.

Timeline

Yeah sick of getting the same answer too. When was your interview.

my interview was on the 1st of June. the CO told me he has approved the Visa but they need 2 more months to issue the Visa.

i didnt knew about the AP thing as i was not on this Portal at that time.

but now , this AP is driving me crazy....

but hopefull now as JWA2016 has got the Visa now.

lets Pray and be positive, we will get the Visa soon by the grace of GOD.

i have read they perform name checks. but i have never been out of Karachi even still its taking alot of time :(

Timeline

my interview was on the 1st of June. the CO told me he has approved the Visa but they need 2 more months to issue the Visa.

i have read they perform name checks. but i have never been out of Karachi even still its taking alot of time :(

We were told a month to wait. Our interview was July 19th. But I think they just give out these random wait times to get us off their back. It's so annoying they should do biometrics in advance if this is how they want to treat us. I heard since they get fingerprints on the day of the interview they run those too. But inshallah we will get our visas issued soon. Another person on this forum recieved their visa yesterday. Their interview was June 15th they were told to wait a month. But I'm sure it took extra time because embassy was closed a week in July for Eid and 4th of July.

Filed: IR-2 Timeline

We were told a month to wait. Our interview was July 19th. But I think they just give out these random wait times to get us off their back. It's so annoying they should do biometrics in advance if this is how they want to treat us. I heard since they get fingerprints on the day of the interview they run those too. But inshallah we will get our visas issued soon. Another person on this forum recieved their visa yesterday. Their interview was June 15th they were told to wait a month. But I'm sure it took extra time because embassy was closed a week in July for Eid and 4th of July.

Hi everyone, Posting after a long time,it's been more than 2 years but this time it's about my mom.

So sad to see that people are still suffering from this painful AP.

So my mom had her interview this morning 8/5/16 and she told me that interview was smooth and great, they didn't asked for lot of documents.

And she said they congratulated her that they are approving her visa and confirmed the phone no, told her you will get your passport back in 7-8 days form some complex in khi. I am positive about the approval, but don't believe them until the status says approved. Reason for being positive is that they both of them congratulated, officer and the translator. They asked questions about her kids birthdays and their lives in usa, to prove the relationship. they seemed satisfied with the interview, cause that didn't happened when i was there couple of years ago, but some how got approved in 30 days. Right now the status is showing AP, probably it will change to approved on Monday or after. we gonna let it get some updates before contacting them. I hope they will stick to what they have said, but you should not believe them or make any any prior arrangements until the status shows approved. Hope, pray and don't be disappointed by this AP. Everyone will get out this soon. Inshallah

Timeline

Hi everyone, Posting after a long time,it's been more than 2 years but this time it's about my mom.

So sad to see that people are still suffering from this painful AP.

So my mom had her interview this morning 8/5/16 and she told me that interview was smooth and great, they didn't asked for lot of documents.

And she said they congratulated her that they are approving her visa and confirmed the phone no, told her you will get your passport back in 7-8 days form some complex in khi. I am positive about the approval, but don't believe them until the status says approved. Reason for being positive is that they both of them congratulated, officer and the translator. They asked questions about her kids birthdays and their lives in usa, to prove the relationship. they seemed satisfied with the interview, cause that didn't happened when i was there couple of years ago, but some how got approved in 30 days. Right now the status is showing AP, probably it will change to approved on Monday or after. we gonna let it get some updates before contacting them. I hope they will stick to what they have said, but you should not believe them or make any any prior arrangements until the status shows approved. Hope, pray and don't be disappointed by this AP. Everyone will get out this soon. Inshallah

Looks like everything went smooth for your mom. InshAllah she'll get her visa. InshAllah all of us will get out of too. Praying to Allah to show mercy on us during this time. Amen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.