Pheebs1201

Could I be there by March?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I asked and they said I need to submit my request in writing, and state my reasons for this request :rofl:

So I went home, wrote the letter and took it back. They said it should be ready by monday :thumbs:

A :thumbs: for efficiency. :)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

A :thumbs: for efficiency. :)

Okay so that was a slight fib... I came back, wrote it and my mum dropped it in for me whilst I cooked us all a thanks giving dinner (OH is currently visiting from the states). Either way, it still got there on the same day :P

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Good news: UK police certificates have arrived!

Bad news: My Doctors surgery are obviously morons, the scrappy bit of paper they gave me with a list of on my immunisations was literally ridiculous, made no sense, and showed many of vaccinations as "pending" or "incomplete" even though this is not true, as well as having things crossed out, notes scribbled on it and other parts stapled over previous errors. I then had a nurse appointment with a nurse who was able to organise them on her computer screen into a more legible (and accurate!) format... only to tell me she does not have the correct permissions to print this information off! So I am now having to request that it is done AGAIN by someone who is able to print it. Fingers crossed the end result is more passable!

Immigration Timeline

K1

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

ROC

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good news: UK police certificates have arrived!

Bad news: My Doctors surgery are obviously morons, the scrappy bit of paper they gave me with a list of on my immunisations was literally ridiculous, made no sense, and showed many of vaccinations as "pending" or "incomplete" even though this is not true, as well as having things crossed out, notes scribbled on it and other parts stapled over previous errors. I then had a nurse appointment with a nurse who was able to organise them on her computer screen into a more legible (and accurate!) format... only to tell me she does not have the correct permissions to print this information off! So I am now having to request that it is done AGAIN by someone who is able to print it. Fingers crossed the end result is more passable!

Sometimes things go too swimmingly/easy, right? Best of luck.

Interestingly, my experience with shots/vaccination records was sort of the inverse of yours with your GP's office. I was able to get an official looking printout that was ink stamped and wet signed but they wouldn't let me get my flu jab done there.

Sometimes things go too swimmingly/easy, right? Best of luck.

Interestingly, my experience with shots/vaccination records was sort of the inverse of yours with your GP's office. I was able to get an official looking printout that was ink stamped and wet signed but they wouldn't let me get my flu jab done there.

I guess we all get tripped up somewhere! :rolleyes::lol:

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

I'm seriously in awe at how fast your NOA2 was approved! I've never heard of such a fast approval.

We literally couldn't believe it when we got the email (sometimes I still check online to make sure we didn't misread it :lol: ) but I do feel dreadful for all the TSC filers who are waiting months and months to hear back. They must hate us!

Looks like we have a bit of a wait on our hands with NVC now anyway so at least I'll suffer a little bit ;)

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

We literally couldn't believe it when we got the email (sometimes I still check online to make sure we didn't misread it :lol: ) but I do feel dreadful for all the TSC filers who are waiting months and months to hear back. They must hate us!

Looks like we have a bit of a wait on our hands with NVC now anyway so at least I'll suffer a little bit ;)

Well, best of luck with everything. Sounds like you're on top of things. It's as much about really learning the process and the hoops you have to jump through more than anything.

Well, best of luck with everything. Sounds like you're on top of things. It's as much about really learning the process and the hoops you have to jump through more than anything.

Thank you, you too!

I am thankful to have found VJ to talk to other people who have been through this, I don't think anyone in my "real" life can really relate!

Hope all goes well for you! :)

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Thank you, you too!

I am thankful to have found VJ to talk to other people who have been through this, I don't think anyone in my "real" life can really relate!

Hope all goes well for you! :)

Cheers thanks, much appreciated. Got my interview in London next Wednesday so we're almost there.

I've found it tricky getting across just how involved it is to my friends etc. I made a few friends in the US through my fiancee so I'm just looking forward to getting to know them better!

Cheers thanks, much appreciated. Got my interview in London next Wednesday so we're almost there.

I've found it tricky getting across just how involved it is to my friends etc. I made a few friends in the US through my fiancee so I'm just looking forward to getting to know them better!

Oo very exciting! Hopefully you'll be there for Christmas then?!

Yes my friends don't really understand that either... they just keep saying "well it will be fine in the end"... not helpful haha :rolleyes:

Finally got a marginally more acceptable print out of my vaccinations today so hopefully once I return to the UK after Christmas CSC/NVC will have got their act together and I'll be ready to have my medical and interview!

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Finally got a marginally more acceptable print out of my vaccinations today so hopefully once I return to the UK after Christmas CSC/NVC will have got their act together and I'll be ready to have my medical and interview!

Have you called NVC yet?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Have you called NVC yet?

Twice :(

Last Friday (one week after approval) we spoke to a nice lady who told us we were free to call back every week.

Then yesterday spoke to a somewhat grumpy man who told us it would not be there for at least 35 days from the approval date and told us not to call until then!

We plan to try again in a week or two.

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Oo very exciting! Hopefully you'll be there for Christmas then?!

Yes my friends don't really understand that either... they just keep saying "well it will be fine in the end"... not helpful haha :rolleyes:

That's the plan! Hopefully I can get the visa for around the 17/18th and take it from there. I've basically sold everything and prepped plans so I can move as fast as possible.

Perhaps after the holiday season rush things will speed up again and you'll be there by March. I've found the timing since my medical to be pretty good and I managed to get an interview scheduled before they start slowing down around Xmas.

Twice :(

Last Friday (one week after approval) we spoke to a nice lady who told us we were free to call back every week.

Then yesterday spoke to a somewhat grumpy man who told us it would not be there for at least 35 days from the approval date and told us not to call until then!

We plan to try again in a week or two.

Isn't it weird how timelines shift? Our file was already in London 10 days from the NOA2 date. That's why I hate the most asked question of "how long...?" because it can change like the wind at any given step in the process. There is never a solid answer to give.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.