Piaoliang2008

Interview experience

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just had my interview yesterday and everything went fine... The waiting was just too long so be patient as numbers will be called randomly....the filipino interviewer was a little intimidating, which was opposite the american consul for the final interview, she was nice and she set a very relax atmosphere so i felt good all through out the interview(5mins). She just asked the usual questions like who the petitioner is, is his daughter going to live with u in the address where u will be staying... And so on... After the interview, she told me your documents look fine we just need the nbi explanation(which i anticipated being that my nbi clearance have this no criminal record remark, and i have a case dismissed in the past).... So i went back and sit and wait for the last window for the instruction.... The guy told me we just need to verify from nbi, i asked him is it the same with the nbi explanation as told by the consul? He said NO its for verification.it may take 2-3 weeks he added.. So what should i do i asked again and he said i emailed you just check it..i wanted to ask more but he seemed not too accomodating at all.... When i got home and checked my email, it was the random 221(g) email about nbi explanation.... Another wait i guess, and have no idea until when....

Thanks to this site and to hank, this has been my guide all throughout... Will be writing a more detailed one later for others to use as reference.

Filed: Timeline

Expect close to a month delay with the NBI letter needed, as long as there are no issues noted in the NBI letter all should be fine.

My brother has a similar situation, his NBI clearance says 'No criminal record'. I asked him to get a letter of explanation from NBI because the US Embassy will require it during his interview. However NBI told him the request for the letter of explanation should come from the US Embassy. Is this the case? Is it not possible to get the letter directly from NBI?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My brother has a similar situation, his NBI clearance says 'No criminal record'. I asked him to get a letter of explanation from NBI because the US Embassy will require it during his interview. However NBI told him the request for the letter of explanation should come from the US Embassy. Is this the case? Is it not possible to get the letter directly from NBI?

Yes that is how it works, NBI will not give you a letter of explanation until the embassy gives you the request letter/email (most times it is an email), sucks I know. So you have to attend the interview expecting another month delay.

Not sure if there is a way to contact the embassy and get this request letter early, never heard of this happening.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for the very quick response, Hank! No doubt you deserve the tribute bestowed upon you on this forum :-) Does he have to come back for another interview when the explanation letter is received by the USEM?

No. NBI sends documents over to the embassy once a week, once the letter is matched up with your case file it will be reviewed again, if all is fine things will proceed toward ISSUED. Just watch the CEAC website for updates.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

No. NBI sends documents over to the embassy once a week, once the letter is matched up with your case file it will be reviewed again, if all is fine things will proceed toward ISSUED. Just watch the CEAC website for updates.

This is good to know. So the CEAC website will indicate if the visa has been issued?

Are the derivatives (wife and children) of my brother also affected by the delay, meaning does everyone have to be approved before the individual visas are issued?

Timeline

This is good to know. So the CEAC website will indicate if the visa has been issued?

Are the derivatives (wife and children) of my brother also affected by the delay, meaning does everyone have to be approved before the individual visas are issued?

That I don't know. Were they notated as all traveling together on any documents? That might give the embassy info to process all together.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Expect close to a month delay with the NBI letter needed, as long as there are no issues noted in the NBI letter all should be fine.

I had a case that was dismissed, consul didnt ask for the court record of dismissal, i did not present it as well coz i think they will still require said explanation frm nbi regardless... I was told to go to QC of nbi for interview once last 2010 or 2011 and submitted copy of court dismissal/affidavit...USem jst probably need to verify if it is really dismissed and wait for nbi's recommendation if i am cleared or still need to be interviewed.i jst wish USem gave me the letter request right there and then at the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just had my interview yesterday and everything went fine... The waiting was just too long so be patient as numbers will be called randomly....the filipino interviewer was a little intimidating, which was opposite the american consul for the final interview, she was nice and she set a very relax atmosphere so i felt good all through out the interview(5mins). She just asked the usual questions like who the petitioner is, is his daughter going to live with u in the address where u will be staying... And so on... After the interview, she told me your documents look fine we just need the nbi explanation(which i anticipated being that my nbi clearance have this no criminal record remark, and i have a case dismissed in the past).... So i went back and sit and wait for the last window for the instruction.... The guy told me we just need to verify from nbi, i asked him is it the same with the nbi explanation as told by the consul? He said NO its for verification.it may take 2-3 weeks he added.. So what should i do i asked again and he said i emailed you just check it..i wanted to ask more but he seemed not too accomodating at all.... When i got home and checked my email, it was the random 221(g) email about nbi explanation.... Another wait i guess, and have no idea until when....

Thanks to this site and to hank, this has been my guide all throughout... Will be writing a more detailed one later for others to use as reference.

Well, it ain't over till it's over, aye?

One of the most important bits, for it to be over,

is to fill out yer official VJ timeline,

over at

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=189271

and include an embassy review writeup.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Embassy has been emailing the 221g lately so nothing is handed out at the interview either.

I mean, the letter to be presented to the nbi for them to make the letter of explanation for i believe they wont do that until the embassy will issue one

Well, it ain't over till it's over, aye?

One of the most important bits, for it to be over,

is to fill out yer official VJ timeline,

over at

and include an embassy review writeup.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Thank u!

Yes, i tried updating my timeline but it said error, we started with pur journey on 2008 and when i filled out the timeline it said the gap was too

Long ?

I had a case that was dismissed, consul didnt ask for the court record of dismissal, i did not present it as well coz i think they will still require said explanation frm nbi regardless... I was told to go to QC of nbi for interview once last 2010 or 2011 and submitted copy of court dismissal/affidavit...USem jst probably need to verify if it is really dismissed and wait for nbi's recommendation if i am cleared or still need to be interviewed.i jst wish USem gave me the letter request right there and then at the interview

You will receive another email from embassy after 2 weeks, then print that letter and present that to NBI..The letter will indicate where you will be going and the person to look for at 4th floor NBI main..then you will be referred back to 1st floor..bring all your court dismissal..they will get a copy of it so have it all photocopied before you go there..If they are satisfied with all the copy you had then they will let you know and wish you good luck and say you can go home now and just wait for your Visa.. Hope this helps, I've been thru it.. Good luck!

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Timeline

You will receive another email from embassy after 2 weeks, then print that letter and present that to NBI..The letter will indicate where you will be going and the person to look for at 4th floor NBI main..then you will be referred back to 1st floor..bring all your court dismissal..they will get a copy of it so have it all photocopied before you go there..If they are satisfied with all the copy you had then they will let you know and wish you good luck and say you can go home now and just wait for your Visa.. Hope this helps, I've been thru it.. Good luck!

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.