Whitechocolove

Incomplete First Name on I-94 record (2nd first name missing)

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I already got my SSN and I noticed that the first name reflected on the card is just my first and the second name was omitted. My visa and my passport reflects the full first name , middle name and last name but when I checked my I-94 again and it only reflected my first name #1 and my last name when it should have been First: XXXXX YYYY and Last Name: ZZZZZZ.

My question is, do I need to have this corrected in CBP deferred location or I just have to make sure my AOS/EAD/AP forms reflects my complete first name and this will not be a problem anymore? I am quite worried about this as I have overlooked it. The same is reflected on my son's I-94. His Visa & Passport has the full first name but on the I-94 it only reflected 1 instead of 2 first names.

By the way, I am getting married on Oct 30. I am also using my full first name(2 First Names) Middle Name(my maiden surname/father's last name) and my Husband's last name as my last name. At first I was thinking of just having my SSN record corrected after I get married but I am worried about AOS since it requires my I-94 and the I-94 I printed out didn't reflect complete first names for both me and my son.

Appreciate your help on this! Thanks so much!

Thanks a lot, Hank! Perhaps that leaves me no choice but to wait til we get married on the 30th and have my name changed in SSA after that because the name on the card I got today did not reflect my full first name also.

I've read in other posts here for cases like mine that they had their names corrected at a CBP deferred site. I am here in Springfield, MO and the nearest deferred site is in Kansas City which is 3-4hrs away from here. Sucks!

The trouble with an automated i-94 you wont see the record until you reach home only to find out the officer at the POE either misspelled the name or didn't key in the full name. Siiiiigh!

• 3 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/23/2014 at 4:49 AM, Whitechocolove said:

Thanks a lot, Hank! Perhaps that leaves me no choice but to wait til we get married on the 30th and have my name changed in SSA after that because the name on the card I got today did not reflect my full first name also.

I've read in other posts here for cases like mine that they had their names corrected at a CBP deferred site. I am here in Springfield, MO and the nearest deferred site is in Kansas City which is 3-4hrs away from here. Sucks!

The trouble with an automated i-94 you wont see the record until you reach home only to find out the officer at the POE either misspelled the name or didn't key in the full name. Siiiiigh!

Hi Whitechocolove,

I was doing my research and I came across your topic here which is the same situation as mine. I see this has been 3 years already since you last posted it and I believe you  have everything situated now.  I just wanna know, how did it go? Did you gotten any RFE because your name on the forms didn't match the I-94? Or did everything went on smoothly, I hope so.

Looking forward to your response :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.