GCwaiting

July Filer - EAD Approved

6 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,
My PD is July17th 2008 and I applied and USCIS received my documents on 23 July 2014. I checked my status nline and it shows the following

1)
Your Current Case Status for Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Card/ Document Production

On October 17, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

2)
Your Current Case Status for Form I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Post Decision Activity

On October 14, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

3)
Your Current Case Status for Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On August 4, 2014, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

My questions:
1)
On 1765 , it says card is in production but on I131 is says the case is approved. I was expecting it to be in card prodcution.
Does that mean my EAD card will come but I cannot still travel outside the country since my AP is approved and card is not in production yet. Please explain why the status is different for I765 and I131?

2) I checked case status for the receipt numbers before mine and it seems only one case is pending for I485 before it gets to my application. Is it possible that I can still hope of geting in I485 approved in next 10 days?

Any help would be appreciated..

AP is not a separate card, it is an annotation of the EAD (the "combo card"). So your AP status won't change from "approved". You will receive the EAD/AP combo card, and you will be able to travel outside the US with that.

You will need to attend an interview before the I-485 is approved.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Lainie, Thanks for your response. I was not aware that I have to attend an interview. What is this interview about and when would I have to attend the interview?

Most likely you won't have an interview but you will receive the EAD/AP combo card in the mail

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.