simanonymous

Effect of I 751 Good Faith Marriage Waiver on N400 Application

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So even if my ex spouse writes a letter or letters from their family and friends against me to the USCIS at this point, it will not make a difference because I 751 waiver has already been adjudicated? Moreover, does living together for a little over a year before and after marriage have any effect on N 400 decision after I 751 approval? It was almost a two year marriage and we lived separately for 1 year of that marriage. Thanks

Worried Joel - Did you hire a lawyer. I am not sure why they are reviewing your case so much? Any criminal history?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

So even if my ex spouse writes a letter or letters from their family and friends against me to the USCIS at this point, it will not make a difference because I 751 waiver has already been adjudicated? Moreover, does living together for a little over a year before and after marriage have any effect on N 400 decision after I 751 approval? It was almost a two year marriage and we lived separately for 1 year of that marriage. Thanks

Worried Joel - Did you hire a lawyer. I am not sure why they are reviewing your case so much? Any criminal history?

I had my lawyer with me all the times. I do not have any criminal history at all. I am clean. No accident or tickets. Good tax payer and own a house. Ohhh... one thing I forgot to mention, my current wife is not a citizen nor resident of United States. She is from China and currently she is studying in US. Does it affect my N400 and plus we have a daughter together in 2013. She is about 1-1/2 year old now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Why would your ex or his family or friends even know you're applying for citizenship? They would also have to know your A# and where to send things, and I think at this point it's too late anyway. You're not a conditional resident anymore.

CITIZENSHIP:
Eligibility Criteria: 5 years
xx-xx-1998: Eligibility Date
11-12-2013: Application Sent
11-19-2013: NOA Date
11-19-2013: Check/Money Order Cashed
11-22-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
12-05-2013: Bio-metric Date
01-10-2014: In-line for Interview
02-06-2014: Interview Letter Received
03-12-2014: Interview Date

03-21-2014: In Oath Scheduling Que

03-24-2014: Oath Scheduled Notice Mailed

04-09-2014: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.