deluphilo

N-400 Houston Office processing Time /Timeline

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Houston office seems to be the slowest in the whole country now for N-400 processing.

I still dont understand the reason for the changes in processing time from 4 month processing time from late last year to January this year compared to to 8-9 month it takes them to process N-400 application from February till now.

Anybody have any idea of whats going on?

What amazed me is that busier processing office like Chicago, NY , Atlanta all have a less processing time when compared to Houston office. They are just so slow.

My application was sent to them on 05/16/14 and biometric was completed on 06/19. In line for interview since 06/23/14 and no changes in status since then.

Very slow office indeed...............

Edited by deluphilo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filled on 06-05-2014 and received NOA1 on 06-20-2014. Had fingerprints done on July 10th and been in line since July 14. Called USCIS and they were not much help as they just stated what I saw on the site as priority date as March 3 2014 as of August 31 2014

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Of course our luck has to be Houston processing the slowest in the nation!

I file my N400 July 20 and still in initial stage (not even inline).

have you gone online and signed up for an account to get case status updates?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello folks,

I have been following this thread for a while but I just decided to join. I am in the same boat with the Houston Office. I filed May 22, been in line for interview since July 18. I am super frustrated especially since there isn't any progress with this office for months. Please update this thread if you get an update for an interview. We are not alone, we shall overcome.

Hello folks,

I have been following this thread for a while but I just decided to join. I am in the same boat with the Houston Office. I filed May 22, been in line for interview since July 18. I am super frustrated especially since there isn't any progress with this office for months. Please update this thread if you get an update for an interview. We are not alone, we shall overcome.

please add your timeline to the May 2014 thread. That way, other Houston filers can track progress.

N-400

Field Office: Houston, TX.

09-13-2014: Application Sent
09-16-2014: Application Delivered

09-18-2014: Notice Date
09-24-2014: I-797 in the Mail
xx-xx-2014: Biometrics Notification via Text and Email
10-04-2014: Biometrics Letter In the Mail
10-17-2014: Biometrics Appointment Date (Walk-in: 10-10-14)
11-01-2014: Yellow Letter Received (Dated: 10-29-14)
11-17-2014: SMS and Email about in-line for Interview

03-13-2015: SMS and Email about Interview

03-18-2015: Interview Letter Received (Dated: 03-13-15)

04-21-2015: Interview

05-08-2015: SMS and Email about in-line for Oath Ceremony

06-03-2015: SMS and Email about Oath Ceremony

06-08-2015: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (Dated: 06-03-2015)
06-24-2015: Oath Ceremony

From the April timeline and other tracking website, it seems all April filer with Houston office has completed their interview in November and their oath in November /December. So if no May fillers have an interview date as of today, then it seems that the office are not doing any interview for May fillers.

If interviews notice are received 3-4 weeks before actual interview day, we are all looking at January/ February interview date and February/March oath taking day. That will make it 10/11 months processing time frame. That awful considering most October filler in San Antonio (2 hrs from Houston) will be doing their oath in December.

So, I called USCIS yesterday, asking if I can speak with tier 2 personnel, after holding for an hour and 20 mins finally the supervisor get on the phone. I mentioned to her that I filed in June 15, 2014 and since July 10, the status shows line for interview. She said let me check what is going on in Houston, and she said the problem is in Missouri where they're processing Houston files. She mentioned that Houston office asked for my file 3 times but no response from MO. In end the she mentioned that she will send an inquiry and I will hear from them in 10 days, so am counting days now.

So, I called USCIS yesterday, asking if I can speak with tier 2 personnel, after holding for an hour and 20 mins finally the supervisor get on the phone. I mentioned to her that I filed in June 15, 2014 and since July 10, the status shows line for interview. She said let me check what is going on in Houston, and she said the problem is in Missouri where they're processing Houston files. She mentioned that Houston office asked for my file 3 times but no response from MO. In end the she mentioned that she will send an inquiry and I will hear from them in 10 days, so am counting days now.

Hi Edkox

Is it in Missouri State or Missouri in Houston.

If its in Missouri state, that will be a gross injustice to all N400 Houston applicant. This is because N400 in Missouri state are process in less than 4 months (based on applicant in Missouri timeline) why Houston timeline is now 9 months to 11 months.

I will call USCIS on Monday too to enquirer about my own application.

Houston field office is dead slow. The slowest in the country. Far slower than Phoenix, New York, Baltimore, and Atlanta. They get slower as days goes by. I can't understand the reason for this. Only interview update in almost 6 weeks that we have seen online is about this applicant whose priority date is May 5th 2014, and just got email/text notification for interview on 12/09. See http://www.trackitt.com/member/rabie80

This is ridiculous. I wonder if they do quarterly/yearly USCIS field office performance evaluation. At least, they should ask for feedback from applicants, so we can tell them how outrageous the Houston office is.

Edited by Kongo

N-400

Field Office: Houston, TX.

09-13-2014: Application Sent
09-16-2014: Application Delivered

09-18-2014: Notice Date
09-24-2014: I-797 in the Mail
xx-xx-2014: Biometrics Notification via Text and Email
10-04-2014: Biometrics Letter In the Mail
10-17-2014: Biometrics Appointment Date (Walk-in: 10-10-14)
11-01-2014: Yellow Letter Received (Dated: 10-29-14)
11-17-2014: SMS and Email about in-line for Interview

03-13-2015: SMS and Email about Interview

03-18-2015: Interview Letter Received (Dated: 03-13-15)

04-21-2015: Interview

05-08-2015: SMS and Email about in-line for Oath Ceremony

06-03-2015: SMS and Email about Oath Ceremony

06-08-2015: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (Dated: 06-03-2015)
06-24-2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.