4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I’ve filled out all the forms I need to for my part of the AOS but I was just wondering - do I actually need to send another G-325a biographic information form? There was already one sent with the initial petition.

Also, the application for adjustment of status asks for my wife’s family name, but doesn’t clarify whether this refers to her name now (my surname), or her maiden name. Which one should I use? I assumed maiden name, but she’s now officially changed her name, so according to the government we share a last name.

She also has a 6 year-old son, but I’m guessing I don’t include him under ‘your children’ since he’s not biologically mine and I haven’t gone through any sort of adoption/custody process yet. Is that right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I sent another G-325a bio form, as the information needed updating since the one I sent in with the I-129f package i.e. My current address is now in the US and my job had changed too, as had my name obviously - I believe they need up to date information, but I could be wrong. I figure why risk it? Just copy the info from your originally submitted document, adding in the additional and up to date info.

When completing all of the AOS forms, I used my new married name, and listed my previous name in the sections where it asks for other names.

I signed everything off in my married name, and in any additional documentation (like the covering letter etc) I would place (Previously known as ''FULL PREVIOUS NAME'') just for reference.

I can't answer your query regarding the child I'm afraid, as I simply do not know - But I'm sure a more experienced member will come forward and be able to answer that for you.

Good luck! :)

11/06/2012 - First met online

05/28/2013 - First met physically

10/15/2013 - Proposed :wub:

01/25/2014 - I-129F application lodged

*NO RFE! Thanks VJ* good.gif

05/27/2014 - Interview - Approved

06/18/2014 - Visa in hand

06/24/2014 - Arrived in the United States on the K1 visa!

07/01/2014 - Got married! (L)

08/06/2014 - Mailed AOS application

09/10/2014 - Biometrics appt

11/21/2014 - EAD and AP combo card in hand

12/16/2014 - Interview attended and application approved! :thumbs:

12/26/2014 - Green card in hand

09/27/2016 - Mailed ROC application

09/29/2016 - ROC application received by USCIS

10/03/2016 - NOA in hand! :)

11/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

03/15/2018 - ROC Approved! *No RFE or Interview! Thanks VJ* :thumbs:

04/06/2018 - 10 year GC in hand (With incorrect 'Resident Since' date - Filed SR online 'Typographical Error' with USCIS)

04/19/2018 - Email received from USCIS instructing me to return my GC for expedited correction - Mailed out today

Thank you VJ and all of the active posters... You guys have helped, and continue to help us so much! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Okay, thanks. I’m a little worried my G-325a info won’t match up because I didn’t keep a copy of the one sent with the initial petition and my memory of dates for when I lived places is kind of sketchy. If I make a mistake am I likely to get any trouble?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes you need another G-325A. It is a requirement of the I-485.

If you change your name through marriage, then you use the new married name on the forms. The name you use is the name the EAD/AP and green card will come with. If the female changing their name is the USC, then it does not matter much. If they are using a new name since marriage, then they can go ahead and use the new name for the AOS forms.

The AOS forms are for the foreign spouse. The only form the USC petitioner/sponsor provides is the I-864 and supporting documents. The I-485 is her application, so if it asks for her children to be listed, then she lists them. It does not matter if the child is yours too or not. If you are the one applying for AOS and you have no children, then put None. It also would be ok to list the child and state their relationship to you is a stepson/daughter, they are a USC and not applying with you.

Follow the guide > http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.