30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, Im kind of confuse right now...

I paid when i sent my I 129F application, so I need to pay extra $265 when my fiancee goes to the embassy??? aand the $1050 once we get to the U.S and we get married??

Yes, that's true. Plus you have to pay when your fiance has the medical.

So, Pay for I-129F In the States, Medical (Cost Depends on the country) in fiances country, K1 ($265) in fiances country. When fiance moves here you pay for AOS ($1070) and 2 years later Removing of conditions ($590 i think). Not cheap.

Edited by VFittipaldi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Yes, that's true. Plus you have to pay when your fiance has the medical.

So, Pay for I-129F In the States, Medical (Cost Depends on the country) in fiances country, K1 ($265) in fiances country. When fiance moves here you pay for AOS ($1070) and 2 years later Removing of conditions ($590 i think). Not cheap.

whats removing of conditions?

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Because your fiance comes here on a K1 visa he or she gets a conditional green card after the Adjustment of Status. Its valid for 2 years.

This is if the processing of your AOS does not take more than 2 years which it mostly does not. After 2 years having the green card you will have to file for removing of conditions and prove again that your relationship is real. After this he or she gets a regular 10 year green card. Hope that makes sense.

Here is the guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Timeline

Because your fiance comes here on a K1 visa he or she gets a conditional green card after the Adjustment of Status. Its valid for 2 years.

This is if the processing of your AOS does not take more than 2 years which it mostly does not. After 2 years having the green card you will have to file for removing of conditions and prove again that your relationship is real. After this he or she gets a regular 10 year green card. Hope that makes sense.

Here is the guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

oh wow cool .

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Check step#23 of the K1 Flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

and check out the ROC guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Down the immigration path after AOS...... check out our timeline for details....

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Ok so let me get thsi clear

I-129F $340, plus K1 $265 + Medical exam. When fiance moves to U.S we pay for AOS $1070 and 2 years later Removing of conditions $590???

Those are all the real charges for all this?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, they do not accept installments, and it must be by check or money order. No credit card.

The medical is paid to the medical office the embassy wants you to use. Each one has different rules on how you pay them.

The embassy fee is also subject to the embassy's own rules.

Marriage license? Mine cost me $25 plus $10 for a certified copy to file with the Philippine government so they can recognize our marriage in my wife's home country, and her govt banged us for $25 more to get it filed.

The marriage is not free. Mine was $40 because I let the Town Clerk do it. To hire a church or private minister is much more, maybe hundreds.

One more thing: You have to fly your wife here. I spent $800 for that.

Timeline

I-129F $340, plus K1 $265 + Medical exam. When fiance moves to U.S we pay for AOS $1070 and 2 years later Removing of conditions $590???

Yes all all these are real charges not including her stay in the United States.

Edited by Kay&Jay

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yes, exactly. These are all real fees we all have to pay. (In Ukraine the medical is about $240 but depends on the country)

Please double check all these fees on the USCIS website as you file for each petition because they frequently go up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

One day I looked that up and I found this, which I saved, even though the fees have been updated:

"The K-1 visa fee is $240.-http://www.state.gov...2/03/187114.htm plus the fee for the medical 145 euro and x-ray 50 euro en whatever vaccinations you need.

The fee for the I-485 is $985.- + $85.- for biometrics.
Then 2 years later form I-751$505.- + $85.- for biometrics http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD
Then 1 year later citizen form N-400 $595.- + $85.- for biometricshttp://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by Sirdaniel42, 26 October 2012 - 06:50 PM."

So there's also this citizen form 3 years later, no?

Timeline

One day I looked that up and I found this, which I saved, even though the fees have been updated:

"The K-1 visa fee is $240.-http://www.state.gov...2/03/187114.htm plus the fee for the medical 145 euro and x-ray 50 euro en whatever vaccinations you need.

The fee for the I-485 is $985.- + $85.- for biometrics.

Then 2 years later form I-751$505.- + $85.- for biometrics http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Then 1 year later citizen form N-400 $595.- + $85.- for biometricshttp://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by Sirdaniel42, 26 October 2012 - 06:50 PM."

So there's also this citizen form 3 years later, no?

Yes, but all those other things you Have to pay to stay in the country. You do not have to become a citizen if you don't want to. Lots of people live on Green Card their whole life.

The $240 K1 fee just went up couple months ago to $265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, but all those other things you Have to pay to stay in the country. You do not have to become a citizen if you don't want to. Lots of people live on Green Card their whole life.

The $240 K1 fee just went up couple months ago to $265

I see, ok, thank you.

Yes, that's from 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No, they do not accept installments, and it must be by check or money order. No credit card.

The medical is paid to the medical office the embassy wants you to use. Each one has different rules on how you pay them.

The embassy fee is also subject to the embassy's own rules.

Marriage license? Mine cost me $25 plus $10 for a certified copy to file with the Philippine government so they can recognize our marriage in my wife's home country, and her govt banged us for $25 more to get it filed.

The marriage is not free. Mine was $40 because I let the Town Clerk do it. To hire a church or private minister is much more, maybe hundreds.

One more thing: You have to fly your wife here. I spent $800 for that.

not to mention you have to fly your fiance to the interview in some cases. the consulate my fiance will have to go to is 1,000 miles from her hometown.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: Timeline

I also had questions about these fees and found this thread helpful. Just one question I had...

It appears that the K1 Visa fee is paid in the fiancées country (in this case Ukraine), but on the NVC site (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc.html) it says that one of their responsibilities is to "1. Invoice you for your visa application fees". I initially interpreted this as a payment to NVC before everything was sent to the Embassy. Can anyone clarify?

Also, is the "DS-160 fee" the same thing as the K1 Visa fee?

One last question, my fiancée has a minor child that will be coming. Is this visa fee per person? I know the medical fee is per person.

Thanks all

Timeline

I also had questions about these fees and found this thread helpful. Just one question I had...

It appears that the K1 Visa fee is paid in the fiancées country (in this case Ukraine), but on the NVC site (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc.html) it says that one of their responsibilities is to "1. Invoice you for your visa application fees". I initially interpreted this as a payment to NVC before everything was sent to the Embassy. Can anyone clarify?

Also, is the "DS-160 fee" the same thing as the K1 Visa fee?

One last question, my fiancée has a minor child that will be coming. Is this visa fee per person? I know the medical fee is per person.

Thanks all

In Ukraine my fiance will have to go and pay the fee at a bank where they give her a receipt # which she has to enter when she is filling out the DS-160. I have never heard of paying NVC when dealing with a K1 visa. If you are doing a marriage based visa than yes you do have to pay NVC a fee. But it might depend on the country.

Yes DS-160 fee is the same as the K1 visa fee.

Yes i believe that it is per person but i am not sure. Take your time to read about the embassy in your fiances country. That's what i did. Just Google the embassy and they have lot of info but kind of all over the place. At leas in the Ukrainian embassy site.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.