maldita_ako

under sputum

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I need your help. I went to slec for my medical last sept. 10 but unfortunately im under sputum. They asked me to go back on sept 24-26. What should i need to do or preparations before that days? Is there a medicine a could take or food not to eat? Please help me. Thank you.

Timeline

My preparation is drink fresh milk every morning and night before i sleep. Also i take vitamins. Base in my experienced SLEC explaining those sputum applicants everything when you return such as passport and that yellow paper. (Sputum Slip). No breakfast only water! Do your toothbrush at home. Again it is first come for serve basis. I went there 4am and i got #1 next day #2..last day #5! Bring handkerchief as well.. My sputum result is negative last Aug.29. And hopefully my culture is negative. Crossed Fingers!!! My due date is Oct28.

GoodLuck!

I-K1 III-ROC

02/14/2014 - I-129f Sent 02/--/2018 - I-751 Mail

02/27/2014 - NOA1

04/22/2014 - NOA2 Approved

05/13/2014 - Shipped to NVC

05/17/2014 - NVC received

06/13/2014 - Pay Non-immigrant Visa

(St.Lukes Medical Center)

08/12/2014 - MEDICAL!!! Under Sputum

08/26-27-28/2014-Dates of Collection

10/30/2014 - Immunization

(USEM)

11/12/2014 - Interview Approved!!!

11/14/2014 - Issued

11/19/2014 - Visa in Hand!

12/01/2014 - CFO

12/21/2014 - Enter USA (LAX)

02/27/2015 - Married

II-AOS

03/27/2015 - AOS Sent

06/29/2015 - Biometrics

04/16/2016 - Received NOA1 and RFE!! Incomplete I-693!

04/20/2016 - Medical Result Sent

04/22/2016 - Received Packaged from USCIS

05/06/2016 - APPROVED!!!!! (No Interview applied)

06/09/2016 - Green Card arrived!!!

Praying and Waiting :innocent:

Timeline

Hi guys! I need your help. I went to slec for my medical last sept. 10 but unfortunately im under sputum. They asked me to go back on sept 24-26. What should i need to do or preparations before that days? Is there a medicine a could take or food not to eat? Please help me. Thank you.

My preparation is drink fresh milk every morning and night before i sleep. Also i take vitamins. Base in my experienced SLEC explaining those sputum applicants everything when you return such as passport and that yellow paper. (Sputum Slip). No breakfast only water! Do your toothbrush at home. Again it is first come for serve basis. I went there 4am and i got #1 next day #2..last day #5! Bring handkerchief as well.. My sputum result is negative last Aug.29. And hopefully my culture is negative. Crossed Fingers!!! My due date is Oct28.

GoodLuck!

I-K1 III-ROC

02/27/2014 - NOA1

(USEM)

11/14/2014 - Issued

12/01/2014 - CFO

02/27/2015 - Married

II-AOS

03/27/2015 - AOS Sent

06/29/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't need to do anything special before (and there is nothing you can do to change the outcome), on those dates they will be doing the sputum (spitting) then you wait for 60 days to see if a culture grows (hopefully not)

GoodLuck!

Drinking milk and taking vitamins will do nothing to change the outcome of the SPUTUM testing.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Drinking milk and taking vitamins will do nothing to change the outcome of the SPUTUM testing.

I understand :)

I-K1 III-ROC

02/27/2014 - NOA1

(USEM)

11/14/2014 - Issued

12/01/2014 - CFO

02/27/2015 - Married

II-AOS

03/27/2015 - AOS Sent

06/29/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

They did not explain anything about the result. When i was in the 4th floor, the staff called us and said that we will be back on the dates she gave us. She said i have to cancel my interview appointment. That's it. They did not really explained the result of the x ray

• 5 months later...
Timeline

How did it go with your Sputum sis? Sad that I'll be doing the same thing this Feb 23-25 :( I never expected it since I've been living a healthy lifestyle. No symptoms or histories whatsoever, but I guess K1 Visa Journey won't be worth it without those "bumps". I'm trying to practice how to do the sputum collection but really having a hard time since I am in a good condition, no cold and no phlegm... or maybe there is a little but its just hard to spit them :( May God help me with it.

Timeline

You will most likely pass the sputum just fine. The odds are in your favor that you are negative.

It's cold winter here in many parts in the USA for the next 60 days or so anyway :). Negative Celsius degrees. Soon you will get through that sputum process and then on to America.

We can relate to your situation as we were delayed 8 months for the DOT process.

Timeline

You will most likely pass the sputum just fine. The odds are in your favor that you are negative.

It's cold winter here in many parts in the USA for the next 60 days or so anyway :). Negative Celsius degrees. Soon you will get through that sputum process and then on to America.

We can relate to your situation as we were delayed 8 months for the DOT process.

Thanks for the good vibe! It was just ironic that a lot has happened on the day I took my medical. After doing the 1st few steps on the medical around 10am, the nurse at the releasing counter told me to go back by 2:30pm because my x-ray result has "a bit of a cloud" and they'll have to check it again... that was her exact words. I just went home instead since I didn't know where to spend the next hours there and we're just close to SLEC anyway. When I got home, it was just on time that the LBC guy came and delivered my Fiance's Affidavit of Support, and another mail came in... that was the Packet 3 I reckon from the US Embassy in Manila. It added to my excitement thinking I was all set since I have all those papers on hand already. But yeah, some things don't go the way we plan them :) We both keep our faith that everything will be fine. It scares me though, unexpected things can happen. I already shed tears for days after hearing it but I feel better now. I just lift it all to God, and do whatever we have to do :)

Timeline

Hello all, is there exstra cost for the sputum tests or is it included in the medical fee?

Yes, its already included sis. When the sputum culture is over and its negative, I believe there is just the additional fee for the repeat physical exam. Im not sure though. I just came across that information from reading here but I forgot how much.

• 2 months later...

Hello all, I have question. My girl waited the 2 months for the sputum then called them but they would not give results over the phone, so she went there and they gave her a CD that says (chest radiograph bring to the U.S for medical follow up when required). Then they give her Vaccinations and told her she should fly to the U.S before july 22nd. So I guess she passed the sputum test and the medical is now over? I thought they were to give her a sealed medical report to take to the embassy or they would mail it, they did not say they were mailing anything nor did they give her a sealed envelope. She just received the CD and vaccination report. So is her medical exsam over? What about the report?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.