Sweetfruits

Guidance needed in filling out G-325A, Biographic Information Form

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Dears,

Am sorry if this is not the line i should not be posting on but you can guide me on how create a new topic without posting on others line. Am new and does not know how to post a new topic on. I have questions to ask please and i would be very grateful if you people out there can kindly take some of your time and help me out.

I need to ask some questions and also guidance on how to go by the CR-1 process. I got married are few months ago and i now want to file for my husband and i have started by printing out the forms required to begin with.

First of all, from my understanding, i have to print out two G-325A, Biographic Information forms meaning i have to fill out one and my husband in Africa too should be filling out one.

Secondly, i realized only one I-130 form is required from me the wife(Petitioner) which i should fill out and submit it with my G-325A biographic form and that of my husband's G-325A biographic form. Kindly correct me from the above if am wrong.

Now the questions i have regarding the G325A biographic forms are below. Kindly follow go through the G-325A form and help me answer them please.

1) Current husband or wife(if none, so state)

Family name (for wife, give maiden name)

From my understanding since i am the wife(petitioner) i should be filling out my husband's details and if at all it was a man filling out this form for his wife, its like you are been advice to put your wife's maiden name? Kindly tell me if am correct on the part.

Question 2) Former husbands or wives(if none, so state)

I was married twice before and divorced and on the space provided for me to put my former husband's details is not enough and cannot accommodate for the two of them, so what is advisable for me to do please and i have so many similar problems ahead where my answers cannot fit in the space provided? Kindly advice on this please because every detail has to be submitted as requested so i cannot put one and leave out the other one.

3)On the part of the Applicant's residence last five years?

Both me and my husband should be filling out the G-325A form, and on this part its talking about the Applicants last five years and from my understanding am the Applicant and should be filling out this part but my husband should leave it blank or is he also an Applicant since her is also asked to fill out the G-325A form.

4) On the Applicant's last address outside the US of more than a year?

Again we both are facing this question and from my knowledge i should be leaving it out and not fill out anything because i have never stayed out of the US for more than a year.

From my knowledge my husband should leave it out too because he never lived in the US talkless of staying out for more than a year. Am i correct?

5) Applicants employment last five years

From my end here, its talking about the Applicant's which is me the wife(petitioner's) work. But from husband's end too he is seeing the same questions about the applicant's work for the past 5 years. The key word confusing me again is the (applicant) because i am seeing my self as the applicant(petitioner) but not my husband in Africa.

Does it mean that since he is also asked to fill out the G-325A form, he is also view as an applicant from that end?

Who the applicant on this part?

Should he fill out this part or leave it blank?

6)This form is submitted in connection with an application for

1-Naturalization

2- Status as permanent resident

3-other(specify)

I am filling for CR-1 visa for my husband

Which one should i choose from the above

7) Applicants signature

I will sign my own form as the applicant(petitioner) over here but does my husband too need to sign his over there? Is he seen as an applicant too?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dears,

Am sorry if this is not the line i should not be posting on but you can guide me on how create a new topic without posting on others line. Am new and does not know how to post a new topic on. I have questions to ask please and i would be very grateful if you people out there can kindly take some of your time and help me out.

I need to ask some questions and also guidance on how to go by the CR-1 process. I got married are few months ago and i now want to file for my husband and i have started by printing out the forms required to begin with.

First of all, from my understanding, i have to print out two G-325A, Biographic Information forms meaning i have to fill out one and my husband in Africa too should be filling out one.

Secondly, i realized only one I-130 form is required from me the wife(Petitioner) which i should fill out and submit it with my G-325A biographic form and that of my husband's G-325A biographic form. Kindly correct me from the above if am wrong.

Now the questions i have regarding the G325A biographic forms are below. Kindly follow go through the G-325A form and help me answer them please.

1) Current husband or wife(if none, so state)

From my understanding since i am the wife(petitioner) i should be filling out my husband's details and if at all it was a man filling out this form for his wife, its like you are been advice to put your wife's maiden name? Kindly tell me if am correct on the part.

I was married twice before and divorced and on the space provided for me to put my former husband's details is not enough and cannot accommodate for the two of them, so what is advisable for me to do please and i have so many similar problems ahead where my answers cannot fit in the space provided? Kindly advice on this please because every detail has to be submitted as requested so i cannot put one and leave out the other one.

Both me and my husband should be filling out the G-325A form, and on this part its talking about the Applicants last five years and from my understanding am the Applicant and should be filling out this part but my husband should leave it blank or is he also an Applicant since her is also asked to fill out the G-325A form.

Again we both are facing this question and from my knowledge i should be leaving it out and not fill out anything because i have never stayed out of the US for more than a year.

From my knowledge my husband should leave it out too because he never lived in the US talkless of staying out for more than a year. Am i correct?

From my end here, its talking about the Applicant's which is me the wife(petitioner's) work. But from husband's end too he is seeing the same questions about the applicant's work for the past 5 years. The key word confusing me again is the (applicant) because i am seeing my self as the applicant(petitioner) but not my husband in Africa.

Does it mean that since he is also asked to fill out the G-325A form, he is also view as an applicant from that end?

Should he fill out this part or leave it blank?

1-Naturalization

3-other(specify)

7) Applicants signature

I will sign my own form as the applicant(petitioner) over here but does my husband too need to sign his over there? Is he seen as an applicant too?

Okay lets try and get these answered for you. For the sake of these form G-325A you both are Applicants. he fills out his according to his information you fill out your according to your information. Attach Passport photo have your evidence attach with I-130 and money and mail in. Now to the questions.

1) Current husband or wife(if none, so state) On yours its your husbands name

Family name (for wife, give maiden name) On his he lists your maiden name

Wherever there is not enough room you put "see attached" and have a separate paper with the question # and you type up the information.

As each have your own history. On his form he puts his information where he has lived the past 5 years. You have yours. There is no none.

If the question doesn't apply to you you put None or N/A

From my knowledge my husband should leave it out too because he never lived in the US talkless of staying out for more than a year. Am i correct? N/A

You both have your employment history you fill out for the last 5 years.

Does it mean that since he is also asked to fill out the G-325A form, he is also view as an applicant from that end? Yes. An Applicant is the one filling out the Application

Should he fill out this part or leave it blank? Never leave anything blank it either applies and you fill in information or you put N/A when it doesn't apply or None.

1-Naturalization

3-other(specify) - I-130

7) Applicants signature

I will sign my own form as the applicant(petitioner) over here but does my husband too need to sign his over there? Is he seen as an applicant too? Yes he signs his own you sign yours

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Ok, so you basically need help with the ENTIRE I-130 packet. That's not a problem.

There are a couple of options I can give you for immediate answers to all of your potential questions.

First, there is the guide on this website, located in the Guide section at the top of the page. Here is a direct link.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

We followed this guide religiously as far as assembling the packet, organizing our documents, and we had no problems.

Now, if the forms are too complicated to fill out alone, which is perfectly understandable I would HIGHLY suggest you go to Youtube.com and type Mark Daly I-130. He is a former Immigration officer and now he is an Immigration lawyer and he goes step-by-step through each box, explain what to do in almost every single circumstance possible, and how to do it. We watched his videos for USCIS and NVC and it made our lives so much easier than it would have if we did it on our own.

Good luck.

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

Okay lets try and get these answered for you. For the sake of these form G-325A you both are Applicants. he fills out his according to his information you fill out your according to your information. Attach Passport photo have your evidence attach with I-130 and money and mail in. Now to the questions.

1) Current husband or wife(if none, so state) On yours its your husbands name

Family name (for wife, give maiden name) On his he lists your maiden name

Wherever there is not enough room you put "see attached" and have a separate paper with the question # and you type up the information.

As each have your own history. On his form he puts his information where he has lived the past 5 years. You have yours. There is no none.

If the question doesn't apply to you you put None or N/A

From my knowledge my husband should leave it out too because he never lived in the US talkless of staying out for more than a year. Am i correct? N/A

You both have your employment history you fill out for the last 5 years.

Does it mean that since he is also asked to fill out the G-325A form, he is also view as an applicant from that end? Yes. An Applicant is the one filling out the Application

Should he fill out this part or leave it blank? Never leave anything blank it either applies and you fill in information or you put N/A when it doesn't apply or None.

1-Naturalization

3-other(specify) - I-130

7) Applicants signature

I will sign my own form as the applicant(petitioner) over here but does my husband too need to sign his over there? Is he seen as an applicant too? Yes he signs his own you sign yours

Timeline

Thank you so much AnnaMaria and dwheels76. I am so much grateful and very excited for your kind help. Thank you so much a million times. I will follow your advice and continue from where i stopped. I will be back on in-case i need some other things.

Have a nice day

Timeline

Thank you so much AnnaMaria and dwheels76. I am so much grateful and very excited for your kind help. Thank you so much a million times. I will follow your advice and continue from where i stopped. I will be back on in-case i need some other things.

Have a nice day

No problem come back here and ask away that's what we are here for.

can you finish your profile and put your country of interview flag up. It helps with quwesytions and also your post also gets viewed by your country people and at times thats very valuable to get insight others may not have . Because every embassy is very specfic about how they do things.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Do i put my country US flag or my Husband's country flag on my profile page? I see people putting foreign flags of their spouses. I see African flag on yours too dweels76. Are you are US citizen or African?

Timeline

Do i put my country US flag or my Husband's country flag on my profile page? I see people putting foreign flags of their spouses. I see African flag on yours too dweels76. Are you are US citizen or African?

Its the flag where the beneficiary will be interviewing. My husband is Nigerian I am the American citizen.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Also on

1-Naturalization

3-other(specify) - I-130

Which one should i choose from the above : you will choose "Other" and type - "In support of spouses I-130"

Your husband will check - " Status as Permanent Resident"

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Also on

1-Naturalization

3-other(specify) - I-130

Which one should i choose from the above : you will choose "Other" and type - "In support of spouses I-130"

Your husband will check - " Status as Permanent Resident"

Actually, both should tick "other" and all they need to write is "Form I-130" next to the box.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.