qazze

F2A Immigration for Wife and Kids (Individually).

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

F2A is a family reunification visa, but you seem unified?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

What is the difference between eunification visa, unified?

This is a visa category that allows certain Family members living in the US to petition other Family members to join them in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is a visa category that allows certain Family members living in the US to petition other Family members to join them in the US.

yes, your observation is remarkable. you are right!

So can I apply for F2A Immigration for Wife and Kids in separate immigration petition?

hrm.

with your plan to move in 5 years... no you won't get them an immigration visa because yours will have be considered abandoned by the time their priority date is current.

but you can try

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you file for your children they will look closely at your time in the US vs outside and the most probable outcome is for them to revoke your green card not issue ones to your wife and child.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

i think this may be what lawyers call janitorial work, quite interesting. Is there a way through it, my thought is possibly.

They are living in Pakistan now so no real downside, worst case they just carry on as they are.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think the OP didn't understand yet his situation.

To clarify... Your green card have a "condition" that you are living in the US a green card is a Permanent Resident Card, which means you are permanently living in the US. You should be in the US more time than any other place, in your case Pakistan... Now, maybe they never see that situation everytime you "visited" the US, but they will when you file paperwork to bring your family because as everyone else stated is possible for a permanent resident file to bring their family to the US to reunite with them (this means that the permanent resident is living in the US and his family somewhere else)

The things you will have to deal with are: if you are still a permanent resident (having the card doesn't make you a 'valid" permanent resident and there are conditions to keep that status, not just the card.) And after that, if your status is still valid then filing for your family. (you need affidavit of support and other documents you may check in the forum guides)

Search the causes that lead to "abandonment of green card" to see if you had been in fault.

Hope you the best.

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Timeline

yes, your observation is remarkable. you are right!

So can I apply for F2A Immigration for Wife and Kids in separate immigration petition?

The answer is YES, you can fill out I130, but no one can tell you what the decicion will be. I mean in the worst case scenario you will lose several hundreds dollars!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

OP,

How did you get your green card? Is it through other family members like a parent or sibling petition? Were you not intimated about the conditions imposed to maintain your PR status by your petitioner?

Apart from that, you seem to not fully grasp the conditions and rules of maintaining your green card. Not only green card gives you the right to live and work in the US, you actually NEED to live there at least six months a year every year, maintain a residence, pay taxes etc to be able to hold onto your green card, renew it and file for citizenship when the time comes.

Seems like you are just visiting the US using the green card like a visitor's visa, and may be the POE officer does not realize the length of your absence from the US and lets you in. But once you file a petition for wife and kids, your PR status will be scrutinized and they may find out you have not been following the rules of your PR visa. When you don't follow the terms and conditions of any US visa issued to you, it becomes void, including your green card.

To answer your question about petitioning for your kid, yes you can file for her. Its another matter if USCIS will approve it or not. Because as your dependents, your family's immigration status is completely dependent on your immigration status. If you lose your PR status, their petition is not going to go through.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Also, as I understand, you have already petitioned for your wife and you expect your wife to receive her GC in next few months.

Lets hope you are correct, that she is still eligible for a GC based on your PR status (which you do not seem to be maintaining).

But, lets say, your PR status is still valid, your wife's petition is approved etc. Has her file already come to NVC? Has she filled out DS-260 yet? If she is already at NVC stage, she needs to inform NVC and they will just add your daughter to the existing petition and her case will be adjudicated with her mother.

It seems strange that you wife is ready to receive her green card and not move to the US for next FIVE years! Or is she going to move and leave her daughter in pakistan for five years? Its all very confusing and the bottom line is You Can Not Have It All!

You can not have your GC, not move to the US for 5 years, then expect that GC to be valid any longer and derive more immigration benefit based on that expired/void GC.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you all for giving me wonder advise.

From your comments I have concluded the following points:

1. I need to go to US and stay their & find any Job in US ASAP.

2. I must furnish Tax returns from my GC date to date (no matter wherever I am earning).

3. As a PR if I will be living in US only then my family will be eligible to get migration in US.

4. As my focal concern is to bring my daughter in US once she is like 5 to 6 year old and as per participants advise, I can do this, I may file a separately petition to apply for her(i-130). (If my wife successfully complete all processing and receive a Visa and GC,then she may apply to live outside from US for 2 years as per Law to live in Pakistan for Daughter as well as to take care my parents).

5. She also file tax return everywhere no matter even she will be have a same status like 'housewife'

Please review and rectify me if some point is missing.

Thanks you again for your time and expert advise.

Regards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

as a LPR you don't have to file a separate petition for your daughter, she will be a derivative on your wife's petition, they will come together

You can file now the i130 but you must return to the US and live here as soon as you can, to not lose your own GC, they cannot get a GC if you have lost yours

your wife and child must live here in the US as well, The reason to have a GC is to live in the US, it is not a tourist visa to come and visit.

Timeline

When was the last time you visited the US?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.