nawal_141

HELP!! Forgot to enter Social Security number I-129F (petitioner)

24 posts in this topic

I'm not so sure, they cashed my check before I even got NOA1! Government loves their money :P I don't think they'd let it go so easy.

We had the opposite experience, we got our NOA1 9 days before our status updated to say our cheque bounced :P for some reason the bank didn't want to let go of the money! Thankfully our petition wasn't rejected, probably because we already had our NOA1, and my husband was given the option of paying by card over the phone. No harm no foul :)

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Hi there, my name is Nawal (petitioner) and i just sent in my I-129F for my fiance yesterday (8/26/2014) and just looking through the extra copies that I have I just realized that I was stupid enough not to notice that my social security number wasn't on the I-129F!!! luckily it is on my G-325 but now i have no idea what to do. I swear i checked my papers over 20 times and i cant believe i didnt notice this horrible mistake. Before anyone judges me I am only human and checking over 123 pages is very overwhelming even though what i missed was dreadful. I still havent received my NOA1 yet, but is there a way if I call them and tell them my mistake and tell them that my SSN is on my G-325 for proof will they fix it for me on the phone? I have heard that mailing them won't do me any good because it may get lost. I am scared there is no way of fixing it and after a long wait have my whole I-129F denied and sent back due to improper filing. I really want to fix it from the very beginning and not get delayed.

Thanks in advance and hoping for a reply soon.

Complete a new form to include you SS#. Mail it certified/return receipt along with a very clear cover letter explaining that you forgot to enter your SS# on the initial filing. It might get to your file before they pack it up and send it back to you if you are lucky. Send it NOW! It can't hurt. It might not work but if you don't send it there is no chance they will simply complete the incomplete for for you.

Good luck and God Bless,

David

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey I didn't the same thing. I called uscis and they were able to fix it. All I needed was my case number. Maybe two weeks later I recieved a letter in the mail confirming that they added my ssn.

Hi there, my name is Nawal (petitioner) and i just sent in my I-129F for my fiance yesterday (8/26/2014) and just looking through the extra copies that I have I just realized that I was stupid enough not to notice that my social security number wasn't on the I-129F!!! luckily it is on my G-325 but now i have no idea what to do. I swear i checked my papers over 20 times and i cant believe i didnt notice this horrible mistake. Before anyone judges me I am only human and checking over 123 pages is very overwhelming even though what i missed was dreadful. I still havent received my NOA1 yet, but is there a way if I call them and tell them my mistake and tell them that my SSN is on my G-325 for proof will they fix it for me on the phone? I have heard that mailing them won't do me any good because it may get lost. I am scared there is no way of fixing it and after a long wait have my whole I-129F denied and sent back due to improper filing. I really want to fix it from the very beginning and not get delayed.

Thanks in advance and hoping for a reply soon.

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Filed: Timeline

Hey I didn't the same thing. I called uscis and they were able to fix it. All I needed was my case number. Maybe two weeks later I recieved a letter in the mail confirming that they added my ssn.

Complete a new form to include you SS#. Mail it certified/return receipt along with a very clear cover letter explaining that you forgot to enter your SS# on the initial filing. It might get to your file before they pack it up and send it back to you if you are lucky. Send it NOW! It can't hurt. It might not work but if you don't send it there is no chance they will simply complete the incomplete for for you.

Good luck and God Bless,

David

We had the opposite experience, we got our NOA1 9 days before our status updated to say our cheque bounced :P for some reason the bank didn't want to let go of the money! Thankfully our petition wasn't rejected, probably because we already had our NOA1, and my husband was given the option of paying by card over the phone. No harm no foul :)

If anything they will just send you an RFE asking for complete info. Just slows thing down by about 2 weeks or so.

What's done (or not done) can't change at this time.

So don't worry too much.

With little bit of luck, they will catch your SSN from the other doc.

Or they could also issue RFE to confirm the SSN,

In the worst possible case, let's say they reject right away.

Then you simply correct the document and submit it again.

Ok...it will costs you another $340 and little bit of time...but this is the worst case.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think when a petition is rejected right away, they don't cash the check. Again, I'm not sure but I think that's what I've read here on the forum. It's a different story when the petition is denied.

I can see that...that makes sense...! :dance:

I'm not so sure, they cashed my check before I even got NOA1! Government loves their money :P I don't think they'd let it go so easy.

Thank all soo much for your replies I really appreciate it!! I went to the USPS website and fill out an intercept from for the packet and successfully made sure the people in the Lewisville post office located it and return it to me before it reaches immigration. I barely made it but I'm getting it back soon and this time I will make sure to check everything 1 million times!!

I hope that you're right, but as soon as I get my NOA1 I want to call and explain it to them just for peace of mind. This process is soooo stressful I just still can't believe that I have put myself in this position.

If it is a problem, they will send you a RFE asking you to re-submit a 100% complete form. It could slow down your form processing a few weeks.

That's about it.

Thank all soo much for your replies I really appreciate it!! I went to the USPS website and fill out an intercept from for the packet and successfully made sure the people in the Lewisville post office located it and return it to me before it reaches immigration. I barely made it but I'm getting it back soon and this time I will make sure to check everything 1 million times!!

One suggestion. Have someone else go over the forms for you. Sometimes we have seen the forms so many times we miss the thing that we are missing. That make sense?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

One suggestion. Have someone else go over the forms for you. Sometimes we have seen the forms so many times we miss the thing that we are missing. That make sense?

Great idea! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

Yeah ! that makes perfect sense and that's what I am planning to do as soon as I get it.

Great idea! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.