2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Our waiver was approved February 23 the embassy schedule an appointment march 3 then they cancelled it. They said the officer was not there they reschedule it for March 10 my wife went to the embassy, that is 5 hours away and when she was there cancelled again since then we have no new date we have heard nothing back anyone have any idea on what we can do I'm soooooooo tired of this.??? it's like they don't care this is in honduras any go thru this before

Edited by Illusion1984

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So today i get a call from the senators office that my husband the beneficiary has to sign the form of release and not me because they told them that at the Nebraska service center..... my question is can't they just give the senator info with my signature?????

So today i get a call from the senators office that my husband the beneficiary has to sign the form of release and not me because they told them that at the Nebraska service center..... my question is can't they just give the senator info with my signature?????

no, because the waiver is his not yours. I sent the release form to my husband. He went to an internet cafe, printed it out, signed it and scanned it back to the senator's office. It only took 1\2 a day to get it done and we had an answer within 2 days from the USCIS. also, I read the response from the USCIS which included them informing them that they are not to releases the info to me and that it is my husband's waiver and he is the only one who should be receiving the info. It was a big pain in the rear to call the USCIS being the petitioner..since they wouldn't talk to me unless my husband was on the line. The hold time was always 2 hours..hence the whole reason I got the senator's office involved. The waivers are treated differently than the I130. They are tight lipped when it comes to the waiver..... Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Update on waiver, consulate received passport an medical an PC on Monday. ceac site was updated april 6th an updated again today April 7th to administration processing. Is this normal?

Tana kauffman

Yes, that is normal. There is one more approval they need from Washington D.C. before they issue the visa. It usually takes 24-48 hours for them to get that. (Straight from the consulates mouth to my ears) Then it will change to issued. Don't worry. Get ready to celebrate. You're almost done

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Quick question. I plan to have our i-601 waiver done, and sent out by May. Can I go be w/ my husband in his country for the summer while it is being processed, or is there any reason I should stay in the states in case they need to get ahold of me? I am doing the waiver on my own. I would be back in the states by the end of Aug. Also, my husband was denied his visa last fall for a crime that he was wrongfully convicted of 2yrs ago. So we have been trying to get it overturned, because it was the courts fault. (it is the only thing on his record, nothing else is holding us back) If successful, do we just send the overturned conviction to the embassy after the i-601 has already been submitted? Thank you.

Edited by birdoluv

Timeline

Is there anything I can do for the AP to hurry up my wife's 601 was approved February 23 she was scheduled twice for final interview and both were cancelled. Any help tips will be greatly appreciated

Is there anything I can do for the AP to hurry up my wife's 601 was approved February 23 she was scheduled twice for final interview and both were cancelled. Any help tips will be greatly appreciated

the embassy has all the power. They are the ones who issue the visa. Call them daily until you get another appointment. My senator's office contacted our embassy directly. I didn't even ask her to do it. They responded the next day and then called my husband.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I have sent several emails to the embassy and just get an automated response can this hurt or help me with my wait time. They say not to send emails but they don't answer what do you think

Timeline

The thing is that my wife had schedule interviews for March 3 and the 10 and they were cancelled they said "the officer wasn't there" but we have heard nothing since then and they were in the file April 6 but I don't know why it only shows that date. I'm tired of waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.