2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your fiancee the boy's Father?? Well that just makes me more nervous to find out that USCIS is very strict.

No, but it states from the expedite choices:

• An applicant’s family member in the United States has a serious medical condition and has urgent and critical medical needs related to that condition that require the applicant to assist the family member in the United States;
  • The applicant is faced with urgent circumstances related to the death or serious illness of a family member;
  • The applicant or qualifying family member is a particularly vulnerable individual due to age, serious medical condition, or disability and this vulnerability is exacerbated by the applicant’s presence outside the United States;
  • The applicant is at risk of serious harm due to personal circumstances distinct from the general safety conditions of those living in the applicant’s country;
  • It would be in the national interest of the United States to have the applicant in the United States (for example, the applicant’s presence in the United States is urgently required for work with a U.S. government entity); or
  • As described in a request from or for a member of the Armed Forces of the United States:
    • The applicant’s qualifying family member is a member of the military who is deployed or will soon be deployed; and
    • The applicant demonstrates that, in light of the deployment there are compelling reasons to expedite the request due to the impact of the applicant’s absence from the United States on the applicant, the qualifying family member, or their children, if any.

My fiance has raised my son for the past 5 years after an abusive relationship which also I stated and provided proof. all this proof was an addition to what I did not submit in our waiver. My understanding as I work for a government agency, have a coworker that her program helps to review petition or letters for free to our low income Hispanic community and she told me that it actually has to be life or death situation, which BREAKS MY HEART that they are very strict on the criterias.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

My husband's I 601 got approved this past Friday! Gracias a Dios! What a long journey this has been!!!

hi

my name is Zakir, we also applied for i 601 due to grounds of inadmissibility. Case was received on Feb29 of 2016. MSC is proccessing our case ending with ........91. Could you please tell me which number you got that approved.

Congratulations to you and your family with the approval.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi. This is the first time that I post something here but I have been reading this forum from time to time to see if there have been any good news. Today I received my I-601 approval. My application was received by USCIS on 12/21/2015. So it took about nine months to get an answer on my case. It has been a long journey, but hopefully my fiancee and I won't have any more setbacks. Now I am just waiting for the US Embassy in Bogota, Colombia to tell me what the next steps are. If you are just starting and are looking for information I would recommend you to read a lot on what is needed to present a case that has a good chance on getting approved. I hired Lizz Cannon as my attorney and I can tell you she is very knowledgeable. Her first consultation is free and I am sure that talking to her you would want to hire her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi

my name is Zakir, we also applied for i 601 due to grounds of inadmissibility. Case was received on Feb29 of 2016. MSC is proccessing our case ending with ........91. Could you please tell me which number you got that approved.

Congratulations to you and your family with the approval.

You can use the USCIS Case Tracker app to check case numbers surrounding yours to see where you stand in processing times. Go to the app store on your phone and download it for free. You can enter your own case number in the search tool and ask it to search case numbers around yours by 10, 20, 50, 100's of cases. However much you want to see. It will give you the type of filing (look for I-601s), the date of the last action, and the status of the case.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

As I promised...somewhere in this thread...I would try to keep you guys updated on the status of our case.

My husband completed his second medical exam in Ciudad Juarez on September 20, 2016. We were in Juarez on the 19th, and thought maybe the medical clinic would allow his exam one day earlier. The computer would not permit any information to be entered earlier than the date shown on my husband's "blue papers" from last year...so keep that in mind if you received "blue papers" that give a specific date. Anyhow, the exam must have been successful - we did not get more blue papers this time...! We were instructed to take the sealed envelope with the medical results to the nearest DHL office to be mailed to the Consulate (thanks for those who posted the best DHL location close to the Consulate...the info was very helpful!). Now we are waiting for his green card to be issued, and for the Consulate to continue processing our request for 601 wavier. :clock::clock::clock: :clock: :clock::clock::clock:

Congratulations to those who have recently received approvals!!!! I continue to pray for everyone else. Keep your faith...don't give up!

Peace!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Question regarding second medical exam in Juarez and the timeline.

My husband had his first medical exam 7/20/16, They received the I601 with a priority date of 7/26/16.

For those of you who had to do a second medical exam, how did your timeline look? For example, 6 months after priority date you had request for second exam, scheduled and attended second exam, then waited (? time) for final approval and visa? Or do you get approval, then need to go for second medical and wait in Juarez for visa to be issued? I am just confused if we should make sure to save money for a second trip to Juarez and if so, when in our timeline we can expect this request for second visit. And does everyone have to go for a second medical? Or is this based on time since last medical? or other circumstances?

We are getting so close to the end of this Journey! I cant wait to start our lives! Thank you everyone for sharing!

PS- They updated the date today, so as of Augu 31st, 2016, they were processing Feb 16, 2016.....

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

That is the wrong date. I called and asked about the two dates, the one on the top and the one in the bottom right hand corner. They said its the one in the bottom that their going by. So it's October 18 2016 looking at cases from February 16 2016. As for the second medical wait until you get approved and receive the instruction letter. I hear people say that if it's been more than a year since your last consular interview you will have to schedule a new one. If it has been less than a year you will need to send in a new Medical and passport to the US consulate in Juarez(via DHL). Regardless you have to retake the physical. When is your priority date for the I601?

Sorry when was your consular appointment in Juarez?

Timeline

As I promised...somewhere in this thread...I would try to keep you guys updated on the status of our case.

My husband completed his second medical exam in Ciudad Juarez on September 20, 2016. We were in Juarez on the 19th, and thought maybe the medical clinic would allow his exam one day earlier. The computer would not permit any information to be entered earlier than the date shown on my husband's "blue papers" from last year...so keep that in mind if you received "blue papers" that give a specific date. Anyhow, the exam must have been successful - we did not get more blue papers this time...! We were instructed to take the sealed envelope with the medical results to the nearest DHL office to be mailed to the Consulate (thanks for those who posted the best DHL location close to the Consulate...the info was very helpful!). Now we are waiting for his green card to be issued, and for the Consulate to continue processing our request for 601 wavier. :clock::clock::clock: :clock: :clock::clock::clock:

Congratulations to those who have recently received approvals!!!! I continue to pray for everyone else. Keep your faith...don't give up!

Peace!

When was your priority date for submitting the I601? and when was his first medical exam? Im trying to understand the timeline of how this will happen and if we should expect a request for second medical exam (hence the additional expense of another trip to Juarez). My husband had his first medical 7/20/16, with a reciept date at the Nebraska Service Center of the I601 on 7/28/16.... And if I understand this correctly, you received the request for the second medical before receiveing any "approval/denial" on the I601? So you are still waiting to find out if the I601 was approved?

Thanks! And keep hanging in there!! There is got to be some light at the end of this tunnel!

Timeline

That is the wrong date. I called and asked about the two dates, the one on the top and the one in the bottom right hand corner. They said its the one in the bottom that their going by. So it's October 18 2016 looking at cases from February 16 2016. As for the second medical wait until you get approved and receive the instruction letter. I hear people say that if it's been more than a year since your last consular interview you will have to schedule a new one. If it has been less than a year you will need to send in a new Medical and passport to the US consulate in Juarez(via DHL). Regardless you have to retake the physical. When is your priority date for the I601?

Sorry when was your consular appointment in Juarez?

That doesnt make any sense on the dates. Im not questioning you, it's just confusing..because around August somebody posted on here that they had a priority date of Feb and received an approval, which would coincide with the dates that currently say as of August 31, they processed priority dates of Feb....

Keeping in mind that this is a government agency, I would not be surprised, if in October they are just finally updating information that is being reported from August. Im soo confused as to why this information would change every month (all three dates, 1: as of; 2: processing; 3: last updated) but they are not correct? Then again, this is the Government we are talking about so who knows. Also, I have called them several times and every time I call, I get a different answer, so I really don't think they have their together over there.

Can anyone who recently received an approval on I601 let us know what their priority date was on their I601 letter received date and the date they received an answer?? So we can compare which dates that are displayed are correct?

Also, my husband had his medical appointment July 20th, and his interview on July 22nd both 2016. This would be great if he did not have to go back to Juarez again.

Thanks for your reply!

Timeline

That doesnt make any sense on the dates. Im not questioning you, it's just confusing..because around August somebody posted on here that they had a priority date of Feb and received an approval, which would coincide with the dates that currently say as of August 31, they processed priority dates of Feb....

Keeping in mind that this is a government agency, I would not be surprised, if in October they are just finally updating information that is being reported from August. Im soo confused as to why this information would change every month (all three dates, 1: as of; 2: processing; 3: last updated) but they are not correct? Then again, this is the Government we are talking about so who knows. Also, I have called them several times and every time I call, I get a different answer, so I really don't think they have their #### together over there.

Can anyone who recently received an approval on I601 let us know what their priority date was on their I601 letter received date and the date they received an answer?? So we can compare which dates that are displayed are correct?

Also, my husband had his medical appointment July 20th, and his interview on July 22nd both 2016. This would be great if he did not have to go back to Juarez again.

Thanks for your reply!

Ok, so I went back to check the previous messages and I stand corrected, it looks like what you are saying tends to be true as far as when people submitted vs get an answer. Gosh, our system is terrible, I was excited thinking I would maybe hear something in Jan...but if its true what you say about the dates, it wont be til March :( Thanks for sharing your info and keeping me in check, I need that sometimes, I feel like I am losing it over here. This wait time is ridiculous!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

You have to go back to Juarez no matter what. Either to do both, the interview and the physical. Remember that if your I601 takes more than a year to get approved you will have to schedule a new interview. If you get approved for your I601 before the year you still have to go to Juarez to get they physical done. When I say " the year" I'm referring to your first interview date. My I601 priority date is may 26 2016. As the cases are going forward um assuming that I'll get a response late January or mid February. The USCIS representative I talked to said that the date on top are misleading and they go by the bottom right hand date. If you have facebook I recommend that you join a group called the I601 waiver journey tons of people with the same waiver different bans.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I also had called them they gave me a different answer from all of your posts they told me that they are 2 months behind. They also told me that in can take 6-8 months up to a year it's no longer the 4-6 months like before, they are short on staffing so that's the reason they are behind. My receipt date is Feb 25, 2016 it will be 8 months on Tuesday so hopefully this month I get a respond!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.