2,664 posts in this topic

You can also get country situation reports from U.S Dept. of state website and the U.S Embassy website of the country where your spouse is living in.... Those are where i got most of my print outs for my case because they have already been authenticated by the U.S government.

On 4/8/2018 at 5:21 PM, Jen Chem said:

I'll go ahead and share our experience so far off the top of my head...

Early 2015 - Started the immigrant visa process for my husband. He entered illegally about 12 years ago and had been in the US ever since- we had to get the 601-A and I-130 forms approved.

March 2017 - 601-A and I-130 both approved; we started the D-260, I-864 etc. Everything was done by late June I think. They requested original W2's from the I-864 to bring to the interview.

September 2017 finally received our interview date in Ciudad Juarez!

November 14 2017 - medical and fingerprint appointments (I recommend doing them on different days- we almost missed the biometrics appt!)

November 15 2017 - Visa appointment - denied due to "alien smuggling" because he had paid to have his son brought over 10 years ago (the son was only in the US 2 years). We were shocked and hadn't expected a denial at all. He received the 10 year ban on admission. My husband left to live with his parents in Mexico and I temporarily quit my doctorate program to work on the I-601 and watch our 1 and 3 year old sons in the US.

December 29 2017 - USCIS received our I-601 pardon request. We got a member of congress involved as well and I highly recommend this. Through the congressional involvement we were told to submit an expedite request, which my lawyer took care of. 

February 9 2018 - Not only was the expedite request approved a little over 2 weeks after submission, but the I-601 was approved!! We were told by USCIS that we would be hearing from the US consulate in Juarez. (They approved on the 9th and we got the approval letter on the 15th I think)

March 8 2018 - I e-mail our lawyer asking if we can follow up since it's been a month. She calls in and come to find out they sent a letter a week prior to our old lawyer that we had used for the first 601-A. They send an e-mail this time. Several days letter we finally get the copy of the letter they sent us. It asks us to send in my husband's passport, and tells us that we have until March 9th to change the location where our documents/packet will be returned.

Here's the thing- we had the ACS in Juarez named as our courier location because that's where we were at his first time around. But the lawyer's assistant called in and made it seem like we were supposed to hand-deliver his passport and that we should be approved with that really soon, so we decided that the following week while I had Spring Break from classes that I would travel down to Mexico and then as a family we would go up to Juarez, turn in the passport, and wait a couple of days for them to approve the visa and send back the packet. My babies had been with their father in Mexico since the end of the year because there was no way for me to pay their daycare and continue my doctorate program without his income in the US. Unfortunately for us, the Monday we got there (March 19) was a national holiday, so we waited a day just to find out that we had to send in his passport via an approved DHL location. 

March 21 2018 - DHL says the consulate received the passport

March 23 2018 - Consulate receives the passport in their system

March 28 and 29 2018 - More Mexican holidays, meaning no one at the consulate was working

April 8 2018 - Today, a Sunday. It's been 2 weeks and 2 days since the consulate received the passport in their system but only 8 business days due to the holidays. We purchased plane tickets for early Tuesday afternoon and we're going to fly back to my husband's parent's house if we don't hear back by then. We've been calling daily but the hotline can't tell us anything other than that an officer at the consulate received the passport on the 23rd and that they have everything they need and that average wait time is 2 weeks (but from what I have seen online from other people's experiences in Juarez is that it takes 1 week usually). I would rather stay until the end of the week and leave on Friday but my husband and I are both going a little crazy sitting around doing nothing cooped up with the kids in a strange place for 3 weeks, and I feel like we're just holding onto false hope with an officer at the consulate tugging at our heartstrings with our future on his desk. We are so close that we can take a 5 min walk and see the buildings in the US on the other side of the border. 

Hi, my story is the same as yours. My husband’s i601 waiver was approved in 2017 but his visa was denied on11/20/2017 for misrepresentation. On February 5, 2018 my lawyer submitted the second i601 and i212 waiver . Now waivers are taking a longer time for processing. Our first i601 was approved so we have to het approved for misrepresentation on i212. Me and my husband cant take it anymore waiting another 12-14 months. But we had to resubmit both i601 and i212. I callen a congressman on boston but her office hasn’t helped me that much. What can i do to expedite it or to het through this quick. It kills me that we have to wait again in line for something that i601 was approved at first time and now is only one thing on i212 that needs to be approved . 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, Ana M. said:

Hi, my story is the same as yours. My husband’s i601 waiver was approved in 2017 but his visa was denied on11/20/2017 for misrepresentation. On February 5, 2018 my lawyer submitted the second i601 and i212 waiver . Now waivers are taking a longer time for processing. Our first i601 was approved so we have to het approved for misrepresentation on i212. Me and my husband cant take it anymore waiting another 12-14 months. But we had to resubmit both i601 and i212. I callen a congressman on boston but her office hasn’t helped me that much. What can i do to expedite it or to het through this quick. It kills me that we have to wait again in line for something that i601 was approved at first time and now is only one thing on i212 that needs to be approved . 

The only way to expedite is due to undue hardship on the beneficiary or for a beneficiary on active military duty. You just have to make your case as best as you can and provide all the evidence you can based on what they specifically will consider as undue hardship and reasons for an expedite. 

After waiting since March 23rd, our visa was approved on April 11th and we received our packet and crossed on the afternoon/evening of April 12th (we chose the Applicant Service Center for our packet, not a regular DHL location). We are still over the moon and my husband is a changed person- we both can now plan for the future and work towards goals like purchasing a house, new car, getting my doctorate and him getting certified as a diesel mechanic, etc. I will keep all of you in my thoughts as you agonize through the wait.

On 4/19/2018 at 1:47 AM, Jen Chem said:

The only way to expedite is due to undue hardship on the beneficiary or for a beneficiary on active military duty. You just have to make your case as best as you can and provide all the evidence you can based on what they specifically will consider as undue hardship and reasons for an expedite. 

After waiting since March 23rd, our visa was approved on April 11th and we received our packet and crossed on the afternoon/evening of April 12th (we chose the Applicant Service Center for our packet, not a regular DHL location). We are still over the moon and my husband is a changed person- we both can now plan for the future and work towards goals like purchasing a house, new car, getting my doctorate and him getting certified as a diesel mechanic, etc. I will keep all of you in my thoughts as you agonize through the wait.

Hello 

I have sent e mail to a congressman but I haven't hear any thing from them yet 

Any advice or do you know any one I can talk to 

Here in the middle East is a war zone 

It's not that easy to live here too many reasons to ask for  for expedit

Thanks any thing could help 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
40 minutes ago, BKII said:

Hello 

I have sent e mail to a congressman but I haven't hear any thing from them yet 

Any advice or do you know any one I can talk to 

Here in the middle East is a war zone 

It's not that easy to live here too many reasons to ask for  for expedit

Thanks any thing could help 

Your profle is showing Jordan, which Country are you in, could you not move to Jordan?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You mentioned being in a war zone.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am in Jordan right now but there is wars all around Jordan plus more that 25% of the population is refugees 

And it's not safe to us citezin to be close to border or the refugees camps if I drive half hour to the north I can hear the sound of the boombings 

Edited by BKII

Timeline

You could certainly include that in your waiver package.

20 hours ago, Marco17 said:

is still processing form I 601 January 2017?

No showing at USCIS processing time on 15th April 2018

Hope it is, my case receive date was Jan 10, 2017. But from uscis website looks like they are still on November 2016’s cases though, unbelievable, which makes me feel so hopeless! Are there any Jan 2017 cases got approved recently? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.