11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Visa Type applied - Fiancee K1

Local office - Los Angeles

Abroad Office - Pakisatn- Islamabad

Status - G221 Green form, Given on 7/20/2014 So far there is No news after that

My Status CONFUSED

I applied for K1 Fiancee Visa, which was Okd by Los Angeles office. Interview happened in Islamabad, Pakistan, and went fine, BUT she was given a AP green form G221

I am scared, very nervous and just plain not sure what to do, I think they are thinking its fraudulent, its NOT, but its what the US embassy thinks, so far I do not have any communication from them.

MY question is, should I wait, or withdraw and apply after going there and getting married to her?

Thanks a Million in advance

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Waivers and Admin. Processes (221g) Forum~

~Similar inquiries are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Read about others people in ap from paskitan, I have red a lot story here in ap from muslin country overall.

But ap doesnt mean that we are denied, that mean they need do a security check

A security check that can take weeks, months, or years!!!!!!! Yes, years I have red peopke here that are in ap for years.

In my I am no from a muslin country, and I was approved in my interview on march 18, on march 24 they put me in ap next week it will be 5 months, they have my passport from the day of my interview.

Getting marry and starting over isnt going to save you from another ap, they put in ap to marry people too.

All you can do is wait, you can call and e-mail them but you arent going to get answer, all they are going to tell you is wait.

Some people dont take long in ap, another yes.

So be patient and wait.

In my case this ap for almost 5 months is destroying my life and my relationship, I hope you and your fiancee be strong if your ap take longer.

I wish your ap end soon., I have seen people here that their ap only take severals weeks.

While you wait, read here diferents cases in ap, when you read the story from other you can have an ideal about ap in deferent country, but specifilly in your country

Thanls for the reply. In her interview, she was asked for pictures, her story of how we met, they opened up the website that we met on. She was asked about our relationship. Then told you have a very strong case, but we are putting it on Hold, till we can do AP. She was asked to leave he passport, but she wanted it back because she travels. They said sure we will ask for it once AP is done.

Ok, so be patient and wait that they ask for her passport, as I said before nothing you can do, just wait

My fiance has called to embassy and nothing.

All we can do is wait.

Be patient, you will go need it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would check the 221(g) form that she received. In our case, it listed something that they needed that wasn't provided. I would HATE for you to sit waiting for confirmation from them, only to have THEM waiting on something from you. So, in short. get a scan, or photo of the form, and read it. Just to verify what it says.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Islamabad embassy is just so unpredictable me me and my kid's cases are on hold for abt 8 months and no sign of visas :( at the time of interview the CO told me that my case is absolutely fine and nothing wrong

• 3 months later...

What did they tell to her ?

In my case they told me visa approved and no 221g paper was given, they put me in ap without give paper.

I have an update, a very important one.

After many months of waiting, I checked around and found out that best way is to ask help from your local congressman's office

They are able to ask the US Embassy in Islamabad directly, and get a reply in a few days.

Its proven in my case, I was waiting for this 2014 election to be over, I went, requested assistance in a very polite and nice way, took very little paperwork with me, just the case numbers etc. They asked Islamabad what was going on. Got a reply the next day, just saying that we are working on it. then in Four days, YES four days later, My fiance' received a call to send in her passport for Visa.

After many months of waiting, I checked around and found out that best way is to ask help from your local congressman's office

They are able to ask the US Embassy in Islamabad directly, and get a reply in a few days.

Its proven in my case, I was waiting for this 2014 election to be over, I went, requested assistance in a very polite and nice way, took very little paperwork with me, just the case numbers etc. They asked Islamabad what was going on. Got a reply the next day, just saying that we are working on it. then in Four days, YES four days later, My fiance' received a call to send in her passport for Visa.

Thanks for the replay, but my consulate is Dominican Republic, and it is a long story my case.

8 months in ap now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.