Rissa92

NVC interview scheduling

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I'm so confused, how long is the NVC gives interview date after they review all the docs?? Anyone can help me about this? NVC emailed us July 23rd that they will review but until now no email from them even our lawyer!!???

It took about 3 months for me to receive the interview notice after I sent the docs. The interview was a month after that. My cousin waited about 5 months to the interview. It really depends on how busy the NVC and the consulate are. Did they already accept your docs for completion?

This does not constitute legal advice.

I think so bc it just said immigrant visa ds260 was sent to NVC for review then please allow up to 30 business days to complete the review! Oh my god 3-5months too long to wait

Yes it can take them that long to review the docs. You should receive an email when they finish reviewing the docs (the AOS and the IV) and then schedule you for an interview. In my cousin's case they sent her the email in a month, but the interview notice took a few months after that. Unfortunately, the process is slow and burdensome. Hopefully, it won't take that long.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Timeline

20 working days for them to review and issue a CASE COMPLETE (CC). About 1-3 months after CC, you will receive an interview letter (IL). The IL's are scheduled once a month for Philippines, so you might get lucky to hit the right cutoff mark and get it weeks instead of months after CC.

Filed: Timeline

My goodness,I thought after they review and case complete only take few days to give interview date letter

It would depend on when you get your CC as well as how many cases before you are waiting for IL and how many interview slots the MNL embassy opens up for the particular month. Traditionally MNL opens up once a month towards the end of the month (1 time it was very early the following month).

Checkout the interview thread that dwheels76 runs at: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/508215-september-2014-interviews/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone I'm so confused, how long is the NVC gives interview date after they review all the docs?? Anyone can help me about this? NVC emailed us July 23rd that they will review but until now no email from them even our lawyer!!???

our ds260 was received last july too. And my mom was told it will be done aug. 8, but when she called again it's re scheduled to sept. 8. I think it's bcoz of another 30 working days added to review documents,.. count 60working days bfore cc,

It can take up to a month to review each packet. AOS and IV are reviewed separately but can be reviewed simultaneously.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.