26 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone I have been trying to find information on the I-601A application, but it seems that nobody will answer me. All I would like to know is how long does it take. So if there is anyone who is in the same boat as me going through this process.Together we can get an Idea of how long it takes to get approved.

Consular Processing

I-130 sent October 8 2013

NOA 1 received October 16, 2013

Transfer to Nebraska March 6, 2014

NOA 2 I-130 Approved March 30, 2014

NVC Case number May 13, 2014

Recevied IV and AOS Invoice May 20, 2014

Sent Money order for IV and AOS May 29,2014

IV and AOS payment received June 3, 2014

Sent I-601A June 27, 2014

I-601A received by NSC June 30, 2014

Biomentric notice July 9, 2014

Biometric appointment July 30, 2014

Just waiting :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

have you checked the uscis processing times for the office your waiver is at on the uscis page? i think they are taking around four months average right now.

have you checked the uscis processing times for the office your waiver is at on the uscis page? i think they are taking around four months average right now.

I just did and it says it is Jan 2, 2014, so I believe they are doing Januarys now it Updates around the 15 of each month.

4 months I hope so, I was kind of hopeing before September since I start classes. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This process is the worst. No consistency by uscis. I filled my I601 on Jan 21, 2014. Its still under initial review and its been 6 months and 19 days today. When you go on the site it says they started Feb 2nd, 2014 cases as of June 30th. When I call to find out the status they just say we are working on it still. Meanwhile I see posts that were approved in 3 months.

This process is the worst. No consistency by uscis. I filled my I601 on Jan 21, 2014. Its still under initial review and its been 6 months and 19 days today. When you go on the site it says they started Feb 2nd, 2014 cases as of June 30th. When I call to find out the status they just say we are working on it still. Meanwhile I see posts that were approved in 3 months.

Hello I just seen yesterday on the site that they updated it August 7,2014 and it looks like they are working on the Feburary applications, I also check on the processing time that is at the bottom of the page when your check your status of your application yes it does say June 30,2014 and Nebraska service center 4.9 months.

Have you heard anything yet????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They are working on April and May. There are several Facebook Pages on I-601 where people are posting their approvals. Today I say a May 5th approval. My husbands date is May 27th. RicRoc I see you are Canadian and so is my husband. He needs the waiver for a CIMT. I was hoping our approval would be fast because before we were married he had a non-immigrant waiver to be able to visit the US. The I-194 was only valid for one year and expired June 2013. So he has not been able to enter the US since. I don't know how the US could forgive him for his CIMT once but not forgive him for the same CIMT a second time. I dunno I guess we will see.

They are working on April and May. There are several Facebook Pages on I-601 where people are posting their approvals. Today I say a May 5th approval. My husbands date is May 27th. RicRoc I see you are Canadian and so is my husband. He needs the waiver for a CIMT. I was hoping our approval would be fast because before we were married he had a non-immigrant waiver to be able to visit the US. The I-194 was only valid for one year and expired June 2013. So he has not been able to enter the US since. I don't know how the US could forgive him for his CIMT once but not forgive him for the same CIMT a second time. I dunno I guess we will see.

So they are behind on updating on the USCIS website? I also seen that too on the facebook page so I am a bit confused.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So to add to my pain. I learned today my filling date was Jan 13, 2014 and not Jan 21, 2014 as I thought it was. so Today is 7 months and 8 days and counting. I got a reply back for my service request which I put in due to my case being way beyond the regular processing time. I got a reply back saying my case is waiting adjudication. Thats all the info they have now and that they apologize for the delay. This is absolutely ridiculous.

We filed on June 23, 2014 and we have only received our case number....I hope that it doesn't take as long as some people are saying. My husband and I have been separated for 8 months now and we have an 18 month old!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband and I have been apart since November 2011. We file his waiver in June 04, 2014. Almost 3 months ago and waiting. I understand it's taking 4 to 6 months to hear from them. I really hope he gets approved because I feel very exhausted with all this paperwork. I miss being apart from him for such a long time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.