chadxara

VISA APPROVED. How long before visa is received?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hola!

Had my interview last Jul 11 and I was approved (NO 221G). Let me thank all of you for the support

we received. It would have been one of a hellish journey if not for the guides and members on here. *bows*

So, was wondering how long before I can receive my visa? It's for pick up

at SM Mega Mall 2GO Branch. Trying not to pull my hair out because our wedding will be on Sept 5. :(

Thanks mucho!

Ara

K1

2014-March-07 : sent I-129f via UPS

2014-March-09 : arrived Texas Lockbox

2014-March-14 : NOA1 email and text notification; routed petition to CA

2014-March-14 : check cashed

2014-March-18 : alien registration # assigned

2014-March-20 : NOA1 hardcopy via mail

2014-April-09 : RFE notice sent from CSC; update via USCIS website

2014-April-14 : RFE hardcopy received in the mail

2014-April-15 : RFE reply sent to CSC

2014-April-24 : NOA2 online notification

2014-April-29 : NOA2 hardcopy via mail

2014-May-7 : NVC received

2014-May-12 : case # assigned

2014-May-22 : USEM received

2014-June-25&26 : St. Lukes Medical

2014-July-03 : CFO seminar

2014-July-11 : Interview USEM (APPROVED!)

2014-July-11 : Visa Status "READY"

2014-July-23 : Visa Status "AP"

2014-July-30 : Visa Status "ISSUED"

2014-Aug-1 : Visa Received! (pick-up Megamall)

AOS/EAD/AP

2014-Aug-7 : POE Detroit

2014-Sep-5 : Married <3

2014-Oct-5 : Mailed AOS, EAD, AP

2014-Nov-4 : Biometrics

2015-Jan-12 : EAD/AP Combo card received

2015-Jan-14 : AOS interview scheduled

2015-Feb-25 : AOS interview

2015-Mar-04 : Green card received!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine only took 3 business days(yesterday)from the interview.What's the status on ceac or ustraveldocs?Hank has a link on his website.Congratulations!

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats!! :dance:

When will you receive the visa? 5-10 days from issuance (which is not the interview), maybe two days less if you pick up at MOA

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Wow. Our interview was also on July 18 and up to now our ceac status is "Ready." hoping that our passport with the visa will be issued soon. We are K1 and K2 visas. I think they prioritize spouses...

Mine only took 3 business days(yesterday)from the interview.What's the status on ceac or ustraveldocs?Hank has a link on his website.Congratulations!

4/29 - I-129f Sent to TX Lockbox

4/30 - Received as per USPS tracking

5/5 - Received NOA1 thru txt and email

5/6 - Alien Registration Number Changed

5/9 - Received NOA1 by mail

5/12 - RFE

5/19 - Submitted docs for RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/12 - NVC Received, case number ok

6/13 - In Transit to Consulate

6/17 - "Ready" for interview

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

7/18 - Interview APPROVED

Wow. Our interview was also on July 18 and up to now our ceac status is "Ready." hoping that our passport with the visa will be issued soon. We are K1 and K2 visas. I think they prioritize spouses...

Hmmmm.A new found friend from the interview day also got her visa yesterday (delivered to her home).She is CR1 too.

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Took us one day short of two weeks. Two weeks is the average but there is some randomness that it can be anywhere from three days to six weeks.

Timeline

Hey, had our interview july 14th and got approved. Already booked tickets for ttomorrow but had to cancel as our visa hasnt arrived yet. Saw news about the glitch on their database worldwide. Hope they fix it soon as my fiance is 8mos preggo and we need to travel while its still safe.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

And that is why the embassy puts this with big bold print in the instructions letter.

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of properties, or resign from your
job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2004%20Feb%202014_.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hi guys,had my interview last july 11 Philippines and went well no 221g given and verbally said im approved but till now no visa issue yet i checked online but my ceac status always ready and last updated july 14.Im a bit worried here,any help to lessen my worries?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey, had our interview july 14th and got approved. Already booked tickets for ttomorrow but had to cancel as our visa hasnt arrived yet. Saw news about the glitch on their database worldwide. Hope they fix it soon as my fiance is 8mos preggo and we need to travel while its still safe.

Congrats to you both on the approval and the little one on the way! I hope everything works out and you get to travel soon :)

Timeline

I read of news about glitches that caused delays on visa issuance worldwide. Even "Harry Potter" star Daniel got stuck in Canada because of it.

We call the US Embassy from time to time. I had my intvw for k1 visa and was approved too but still on "ready" status. US Embassy advises that it is already on queue for visa printing but they are just waiting for some update from the US before printing. You might want to call them.

Hi guys,had my interview last july 11 Philippines and went well no 221g given and verbally said im approved but till now no visa issue yet i checked online but my ceac status always ready and last updated july 14.Im a bit worried here,any help to lessen my worries?

4/29 - I-129f Sent to TX Lockbox

4/30 - Received as per USPS tracking

5/5 - Received NOA1 thru txt and email

5/6 - Alien Registration Number Changed

5/9 - Received NOA1 by mail

5/12 - RFE

5/19 - Submitted docs for RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/12 - NVC Received, case number ok

6/13 - In Transit to Consulate

6/17 - "Ready" for interview

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

7/18 - Interview APPROVED

Timeline

Hey everyone! My fiance just went to the embassy, talked to someone from the American services Unit. They confirmed most of the systems are back online and they are currently processing backlogs. Hoping we all get the good news in the next coming weeks(or sooner)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.